What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One For Us Baby Boomers........Dear Doctor

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Dear Doctor

Having recently continued with more medical check ups than a recalled Jeep under warranty, l wish to make a formal complaint about getting old. Only last week, you made the prognosis that l was in pretty good shape. I regret to inform you that this is not the case.

My blood pressure is rising faster than a young lad watching his first blue movie.
My hearing has long left me, to such an extent that when l'm in a liquor store, l say yes to everything.
My eyesight fails me daily ..... did l tell you l've increased my computer monitor screen size to 120 inch!
My liver. which has served me so well over the years, puts up an argument about anything with the slightest hint of alcohol.
My tastebuds, which use to identify only the finest spirits and wines, now settles on the wife's cooking Sherry.
My bowels use to store more goods than a Bunnings superstore but now refuse to hold any stock at all and now run a permanent 'Clearance Sale' on a daily basis.
My bladder is as useless as an ashtray on a motorbike and now resembles Niagara Falls at any given hour of the night.
My wind problem has reached epidemic proportions and is now threatening the local bird population.

Could l please request a second opinion.
Yours faithfully,
OKB

jak

Bench
and a good morning to you OKB ,how many times have I told you to watch your blood pressure and only drink chivas regal please follow good advice and you will be good to go, one more thing that may help have you ever thought about starting a campaign to remove our coach to help fill in the time.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Dear Doctor Gus,

My wife says our marriage is on the rocks and bottoming out with a lack of spark and imagination. Her Father and I are lifelong mates & I know it's not my fault .
What shall I do to keep the concerned family members off my back and fix things?
Paul

Dear Paul,

Don't worry it's a simple fix as I will prescribe you an experienced assistant to help your workload & concentrate on stiffening up the D in the middle third! I will also suggest removing certain family members from your life that seem over ambitious & too positive an influence as this can be detrimental to surving you marriage. A simple and easy fix to your problem!
Dr Gus

Last edited:

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Dear Doctor Gus,

My wife says our marriage is on the rocks and bottoming out with a lack of spark and imagination. Her Father and I are lifelong mates & I know it's not my fault .
What shall I do to keep the concerned family members off my back and fix things?
Paul

Dear Paul,

Don't worry it's a simple fix as I will prescribe you an experienced assistant to help your workload & concentrate on the D in the middle third! I will also suggest removing certain family members from your life that seem over ambitious & too positive an influence as this can be detrimental to surving you marriage. A simple and easy fix to your problem!
Dr Gus

Sack the Doctor!

merahputih

Juniors
Dear Doctor

Having recently continued with more medical check ups than a recalled Jeep under warranty, l wish to make a formal complaint about getting old. Only last week, you made the prognosis that l was in pretty good shape. I regret to inform you that this is not the case.

My blood pressure is rising faster than a young lad watching his first blue movie.
My hearing has long left me, to such an extent that when l'm in a liquor store, l say yes to everything.
My eyesight fails me daily ..... did l tell you l've increased my computer monitor screen size to 120 inch!
My liver. which has served me so well over the years, puts up an argument about anything with the slightest hint of alcohol.
My tastebuds, which use to identify only the finest spirits and wines, now settles on the wife's cooking Sherry.
My bowels use to store more goods than a Bunnings superstore but now refuse to hold any stock at all and now run a permanent 'Clearance Sale' on a daily basis.
My bladder is as useless as an ashtray on a motorbike and now resembles Niagara Falls at any given hour of the night.
My wind problem has reached epidemic proportions and is now threatening the local bird population.

Could l please request a second opinion.
Yours faithfully,
OKB
An ad for medical marijuana appears under your post when I read it ?

Bench
I know how you feel, getting old is a bitch.
I had my first heart issue in 1984, had to have a ballooning done and had to stop my 20x cigarettes a day, did that cold turkey
In 1998 my PSA was high and I moved to California in 1999 and my doctor, who I worked for sent me to a urologist and he scheduled for my prostate removal. I asked whether I could get the old boy up and he said probably within 12 months, it’s been 19 years and I am still waiting.
Had 2 more stents places in my heart and then one replaced in about 2015 I also had radiation on my prostate area for 35 days and everything was Ok, no cancer.
Eventually my PSA was rising so the cancer was back and spread to my bones, I don’t have any issues with the cancer but it is still there
Of course my knees are crap now my feet have issues, eyesight is worse, full dentures
Least I have my team to cheer me up
Marriage ended after 16 years and Lin now back where I belong, Sydney living with my twin sister
I know there are people with more issues then me and really feel blessed
Now I need another premiership and my life will be complete

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I know how you feel, getting old is a bitch.
I had my first heart issue in 1984, had to have a ballooning done and had to stop my 20x cigarettes a day, did that cold turkey
In 1998 my PSA was high and I moved to California in 1999 and my doctor, who I worked for sent me to a urologist and he scheduled for my prostate removal. I asked whether I could get the old boy up and he said probably within 12 months, it’s been 19 years and I am still waiting.
Had 2 more stents places in my heart and then one replaced in about 2015 I also had radiation on my prostate area for 35 days and everything was Ok, no cancer.
Eventually my PSA was rising so the cancer was back and spread to my bones, I don’t have any issues with the cancer but it is still there
Of course my knees are crap now my feet have issues, eyesight is worse, full dentures
Least I have my team to cheer me up
Marriage ended after 16 years and Lin now back where I belong, Sydney living with my twin sister
I know there are people with more issues then me and really feel blessed
Now I need another premiership and my life will be complete

Your a champion, mate ............... well done 2010.