What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AUS v NZ @ WIN Stadium 25 Oct -Tickets on sale/promotion started

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
RTS out due the birth of his second child....maybe out for the English tests too. Last article I saw was ticket sales sluggish in NZ for triple header

Coastbloke

Bench
RTS out due the birth of his second child....maybe out for the English tests too. Last article I saw was ticket sales sluggish in NZ for triple header

The average punter has no idea that triple header is on..

The fact that next years SOO is already been promoted and this is still under the radar says it all..

Where are the promotions and tour packages? Sorry but 'conspiracy theories' about the attitude of the International game can't be ignored when you see deliberate incompetence like this.. :rolling_eyes:

yakstorm

First Grade
Wollongong match seems to be selling okay. Western Grandstand now selling into corners, and Western Concourse Cat 1's are gone.

For Cat 2 & 3's, in the Southern Concourse they are selling into B and I and C & H for the Southern Grandstand, whilst in the Northern Grandstand they are selling into A & F, and
Northern Grandstand into F.

So I'd say over 50% of the seats available at WIN are gone.

RedVee

First Grade
Wollongong match seems to be selling okay. Western Grandstand now selling into corners, and Western Concourse Cat 1's are gone.

For Cat 2 & 3's, in the Southern Concourse they are selling into B and I and C & H for the Southern Grandstand, whilst in the Northern Grandstand they are selling into A & F, and

Capacity closer to 18k than 23k though

Burns

First Grade

Had a quick look now, looks like there hasn’t been much movement. All those bays in the grandstands look like classic ‘let’s sell every second row’. Not to sure they have sold 50%.

I think a crowd of 18,000 would be okay for this and would match the crowd against Samoa in 2014 for the Four Nations.

Largest crowd for WIN was 19,604 for the Saints v Sharks in a Final for 2005.

MKCS

Juniors
It's a shame the Australian U23's Vs France is being played on a Friday at 3:30 PM. I actually have tickets to go to the game and would love to watch them go around but I'm not done with work until 5:00 PM

Saturday would have been no worries...

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
It's a shame the Australian U23's Vs France is being played on a Friday at 3:30 PM. I actually have tickets to go to the game and would love to watch them go around but I'm not done with work until 5:00 PM

Saturday would have been no worries...

half day leave. no brainer

yakstorm

First Grade
Have no idea why they picked Friday Night for this match... Saturday would have been a far easier sell, would have worked better for Fox as they could have shown all three games on Fox League and it would have at least been more travel and family friendly... Maybe they could have also shown it before 10pm in NZ....

adamkungl

Immortal
Have no idea why they picked Friday Night for this match... Saturday would have been a far easier sell, would have worked better for Fox as they could have shown all three games on Fox League and it would have at least been more travel and family friendly... Maybe they could have also shown it before 10pm in NZ....

Broadcaster must have paid more for Friday. Only explanation
Based on the Nov 2 game they clearly don't care or aren't aware of clashing with the Rugby Union so I doubt that was considered.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Who know what goes through these organisers heads. This would've been perfect for a Saturday and probably a bigger venue.

adamkungl

Immortal
Gotta say, France have really missed an opportunity here by bringing over such a poor side.

If they had their house in order they'd give this game a serious shake. The Roos side is good but not that good:
3 legit rep players
5 likely up-and-coming stars
7 solid first graders
3 rookies

France won't be playing:

Their starting 13 from World Cup 17
Kheirallah, Yaha, Ader, Cardace, Bergal, Fages, Barthau, Maria, Pelissier, Bousquet, Jullien, Garcia, Baitieri
nor Super League stalwarts Tony Gigot, Morgan Escare, Remy Casty
A mere 3 of their 24 squad from 2017. and only a handful of Toulouse Olympique players.

No wonder Baitieri quit

Jim from Oz

Juniors
Gotta say, France have really missed an opportunity here by bringing over such a poor side.

If they had their house in order they'd give this game a serious shake. The Roos side is good but not that good:
3 legit rep players
5 likely up-and-coming stars
7 solid first graders
3 rookies

France won't be playing:

Their starting 13 from World Cup 17
Kheirallah, Yaha, Ader, Cardace, Bergal, Fages, Barthau, Maria, Pelissier, Bousquet, Jullien, Garcia, Baitieri
nor Super League stalwarts Tony Gigot, Morgan Escare, Remy Casty
A mere 3 of their 24 squad from 2017. and only a handful of Toulouse Olympique players.

No wonder Baitieri quit
is that the exact reason why he quit, do we know?

Latest posts