What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Peter Quinn

Juniors
Rumours flying around today. Roosters reportedly chasing Wighton big time. If that's even half true, is it because one of their current centres has given intention to fly the coupe?

Peter Quinn

Juniors
Sam and Phoebe Burgess split after attempting to resurrect marriage: https://www.news.com.au/sport/sport...e/news-story/673a86ca4acffb6c16ab849eca63b164

Very sad to see. No doubt Sam is doing it tough at the moment and as Souths fans, we need to rally around him. We need to rally around him and support our captain because I'm sure I speak for a lot of fans when I say I hate to see what he's going through at the moment. So let's get behind him and back our captain in his time of need!

I also think it's important to respect his privacy and I hope this is the last the media say about it. What goes on behind closed doors with his relationship is none of our business.

We love you Sam.
Here Here. Sam's well being is what is important. I think we all should get off his back.

callmack1

Staff member
Article from the Daily Telegraph,

Cody Walker on verge of signing new $2.25m contract with Souths

While the deal hasn’t been finalised, Walker has a driving ambition to win a premiership at Redfern.

At 29, a new deal could mean he remains a Rabbitoh for life.

However, The Daily Telegraph has been told two rival NRL clubs are showing considerable interest in Walker, one offering around $900,000 a year.

Under contract with Souths for next season, Walker is a free agent from November 1.

Walker would be shifted into the prestigious captaincy role next season should Sam Burgess be forced into premature retirement with a chronic shoulder injury.

Souths and Walker’s manager Matt Rose are working toward a deal that would be worth around $850,000 a season.

While reluctant to discuss contract figures, Rose said his client had a strong desire to remain at Souths and discussions with the club would continue over the next week.

Should negotiations run smoothly, a deal could be secured before November 1 and Walker would be off the open market.

“We are working with Souths about Cody extending (his contract),’’ Rose said.

“It’s a club where Cody loves playing and loves playing under Wayne Bennett. He is comfortable at the club.

“You could say we are working together on a deal that both parties are comfortable with. He would like to finish his career at the club but we still have to work through some things.

“Cody is desperate to win a premiership but things can change. You know what things are like in this world.

“Souths are a great club with a big history and Cody wants to be part of that history.

“The beautiful thing about Cody is that he keeps improving each year. His first 10 rounds this year were scintillating. He was best player in the comp at stages this year.

“But there are some questions we are waiting to be answered. He also has to think about his family, so we will wait and see where we land.

“It would be ideal for everyone to get it done by November 1. These things can to take time. It has to align for everyone.”

Reports Wighton wants out
South Sydney general manager of football, Shane Richardson, is overseas on holiday and unavailable for comment.

Whenever Burgess was injured or suspended this year, Walker stepped up to captain the Rabbitohs, while internal stats show Walker was a key contributor in seven South Sydney wins this year.

Rose hasn’t looked to take Walker to the English Super League.

After a week in Fiji with the Prime Minister’s XIII, Walker withdrew from the Australian Nines side due to personal reasons and several injuries.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Article from the Daily Telegraph,

Cody Walker on verge of signing new $2.25m contract with Souths

While the deal hasn’t been finalised, Walker has a driving ambition to win a premiership at Redfern.

At 29, a new deal could mean he remains a Rabbitoh for life.

However, The Daily Telegraph has been told two rival NRL clubs are showing considerable interest in Walker, one offering around $900,000 a year.

Under contract with Souths for next season, Walker is a free agent from November 1.

Walker would be shifted into the prestigious captaincy role next season should Sam Burgess be forced into premature retirement with a chronic shoulder injury.

Souths and Walker’s manager Matt Rose are working toward a deal that would be worth around $850,000 a season.

While reluctant to discuss contract figures, Rose said his client had a strong desire to remain at Souths and discussions with the club would continue over the next week.

Should negotiations run smoothly, a deal could be secured before November 1 and Walker would be off the open market.

“We are working with Souths about Cody extending (his contract),’’ Rose said.

“It’s a club where Cody loves playing and loves playing under Wayne Bennett. He is comfortable at the club.

“You could say we are working together on a deal that both parties are comfortable with. He would like to finish his career at the club but we still have to work through some things.

“Cody is desperate to win a premiership but things can change. You know what things are like in this world.

“Souths are a great club with a big history and Cody wants to be part of that history.

“The beautiful thing about Cody is that he keeps improving each year. His first 10 rounds this year were scintillating. He was best player in the comp at stages this year.

“But there are some questions we are waiting to be answered. He also has to think about his family, so we will wait and see where we land.

“It would be ideal for everyone to get it done by November 1. These things can to take time. It has to align for everyone.”

Reports Wighton wants out
South Sydney general manager of football, Shane Richardson, is overseas on holiday and unavailable for comment.

Whenever Burgess was injured or suspended this year, Walker stepped up to captain the Rabbitohs, while internal stats show Walker was a key contributor in seven South Sydney wins this year.

Rose hasn’t looked to take Walker to the English Super League.

After a week in Fiji with the Prime Minister’s XIII, Walker withdrew from the Australian Nines side due to personal reasons and several injuries.

ummmm 850 000 x 3 = 2.55m

2.25m would be 750 000 x 3

LittleWayne

Juniors
How much do Souths get on 3rd party deals? Is walkers 750/850 straight off the cap?

I havent got a problem with Cody getting well paid, it’s back ended deals that always cause trouble.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
Hmmmm, I'm stoked that he'll be staying, just not sure about the price. On early Season form, he's 100% worth that but he needs to be consistent.
I'm stoked I don't have to make decisions on who stays. I'd find it hard letting anyone go. One thing for sure is, Souths have a whole team full great guys and who all get on with each other as well as respecting the coach. You can't beat that. What do Souths need to be a genuine threat? My opinion is an explosive fullback like Tedesco and a genuine front rower.

assess5

Juniors
I'm stoked I don't have to make decisions on who stays. I'd find it hard letting anyone go. One thing for sure is, Souths have a whole team full great guys and who all get on with each other as well as respecting the coach. You can't beat that. What do Souths need to be a genuine threat? My opinion is an explosive fullback like Tedesco and a genuine front rower.
Chuck the farm at Wighton, let Walker go.

Latest posts