What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 2019 Thread

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

84 Baby

Referee
The results of the 2019 Bathurst 1000 will remain provisional until DJR Team Penske's hearing over a team orders charge next week.

DJRTP is set to face a hearing on the Gold Coast next week over the breach, sparked by a request to Fabian Coulthard to slow down behind a Safety Car late in the race.

Motorsport.com understands the possible sanctions are a fine or a loss of teams' championship points.

https://au.motorsport.com/v8supercars/news/bathurst-1000-results-provisional/4557643/
As the Red Bull chief said during the telecast, it helped them too for the same reason. It meant Van Gisbergen wasn’t double stacked pitting. But it wasn’t good look. The following pack absolutely disappeared at Conrod

Eelogical

Referee
As the Red Bull chief said during the telecast, it helped them too for the same reason. It meant Van Gisbergen wasn’t double stacked pitting. But it wasn’t good look. The following pack absolutely disappeared at Conrod
In all honesty, not a lot of punters give a flying fart about the result these days. Holden......Ford, marques from an era gone by. The Ford guys are loving it, but at the end of the day, is anybody out there influenced enough by yesterday's result to go out and buy a car because a particular brand won at Bathurst? I highly doubt it.

T-Boon

Coach
Does everyone agree there should be a supercars round through the streets of Parramatta around the Park and maybe the stadium? Would be a neat hybrid street circuit/dedicated track.

Eelogical

Referee
Does everyone agree there should be a supercars round through the streets of Parramatta around the Park and maybe the stadium? Would be a neat hybrid street circuit/dedicated track.
What would the friends of Parramatta Park think?

T-Boon

Coach
What would the friends of Parramatta Park think?

Give them 10 free tickets each. The NIMBYs were actually the best advertisement we could have possibly had for the Newcastle 500. They never shut up about it in the Newcastle Herald and boom 200k people responded.

T-Boon

Coach
26, actually. I think most people feel the same about Bathurst these days. A spectacle that means not much once the race is done and dusted. If they wanted to take this race back to it's origins there would be SUV's, small medium and large road cars entered in their respective categories like you mentioned.

The brilliance of the track itself keeps it relevant to fans of motor sports even when the series itself is pretty boring.

Eelogical

Referee
Give them 10 free tickets each. The NIMBYs were actually the best advertisement we could have possibly had for the Newcastle 500. They never shut up about it in the Newcastle Herald and boom 200k people responded.
To be fair, what else is there to do in Newcastle?

Eelogical

Referee
Get knicked. The beach, mountain biking, and our women are much better looking than where ever you are from.
At least the ferry to Stockton is included on a sunday Opal ticket for $2.50. What makes Newcastle women better looking than from anywhere else?

84 Baby

Referee
In all honesty, not a lot of punters give a flying fart about the result these days. Holden......Ford, marques from an era gone by. The Ford guys are loving it, but at the end of the day, is anybody out there influenced enough by yesterday's result to go out and buy a car because a particular brand won at Bathurst? I highly doubt it.
I get it. You don’t like Bathurst. Jesus f**k!

Eelogical

Referee
I get it. You don’t like Bathurst. Jesus f**k!
No you don't get it. I think I've watched well over 6000 laps of Bathurst over the years. It's the evolution to where we are now that makes me not give a flying fart about the outcome.

84 Baby

Referee
No you don't get it. I think I've watched well over 6000 laps of Bathurst over the years. It's the evolution to where we are now that makes me not give a flying fart about the outcome.
FMD “I was watching Bathurst when they were actual horses”
Fancy things evolving...

Latest posts