What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Breaking Bad

PJ

First Grade
Enjoyed it.

Didn't need to be made, but a nice wrap up.

So glad it didn't spoil what was a good ending.

If a BB fan asked me if they should watch it I'd say its not must see, but it is nice to reminisce with it.

Timbo

Staff member
The one thing that’s occurred to me, is that it really wouldn’t be that great if you were only just getting into Breaking Bad now as it effectively replaces the final episode as the finale.

For those of us who watched the show at the time, it’s a cool revisit to the universe to tie up a loose end. But if you came to it fresh and it replaced the finale as the end, it probably would feel a bit different as the original finale is so, so good.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Just watched it. First thing i noticed after the recap. The other actor in most of the flashbacks (that is also in.a black mirror episode) has not aged well at all

bileduct

Coach
Just watched it. First thing i noticed after the recap. The other actor in most of the flashbacks (that is also in.a black mirror episode) has not aged well at all
That's Jesse Plemons, and he's explained that he was required to put on weight for several roles he's had since Breaking Bad ended.

axl rose

Bench
That's Jesse Plemons, and he's explained that he was required to put on weight for several roles he's had since Breaking Bad ended.
Yeah, anyway Plemons was great in this (and everything ive seen him in)

Gilligan knows how to build tension so well, and the switches between different stages of Jesse's life were flawless.
Walt assuming Jesse didn’t graduate haha

"Yo, you were standing right on stage when they handed it to me. I totally graduated high school, dick. Which is like no thanks to you."

Last edited:

Parra

Referee
The one thing that’s occurred to me, is that it really wouldn’t be that great if you were only just getting into Breaking Bad now as it effectively replaces the final episode as the finale.

For those of us who watched the show at the time, it’s a cool revisit to the universe to tie up a loose end. But if you came to it fresh and it replaced the finale as the end, it probably would feel a bit different as the original finale is so, so good.

Musically nailed the ending as well. Up there with Mad Men and the Sopranos in that regard.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Yeah, anyway Plemons was great in this (and everything ive seen him in)

Gilligan knows how to build tension so well, and the switches between different stages of Jesse's life were flawless.
Walt assuming Jesse didn’t graduate haha

"Yo, you were standing right on stage when they handed it to me. I totally graduated high school, dick. Which is like no thanks to you."

Was that a deleted scene or did Cranston shave his head for that one scene?

Mr Spock!

Referee
I never got what the wraps for this show was about.

A couple of scumbags literally getting away with murder showing that crime does pay.

Parra

Referee
I never got what the wraps for this show was about.

A couple of scumbags literally getting away with murder showing that crime does pay.

It was well made, well shot & scripted. These guys are beyond redemption from the outset. It is a matter of perspective. I think viewers empathised because they could see the perspective of the villain, without considering the actions from every other viewpoint. To the point that people seemed to hate other characters, even though it is clear that these other characters have some moral compass, some conscience.

Saul Goodman - now there is a villain. Can be hilarious.

I enjoyed it, was written in the same Breaking Bad style we all love, it really felt just felt like a drawn out episode.

The only thing that irked me and I’m sure people will disagree. But after finishing it I couldn’t help but think really what was the point? It didn’t add to the story at all, I don’t think it tied up any loose ends etc. If I’m to be honest to me it was like let’s write a movie for the sake of it and make some money.

Taking that out of the equation however and appreciating it for what it was it was great.

yeh totally agree. It was slow moving and didn’t go anywhere of substance. Even as a fan boy I didn’t see the point

will end up in the mediocre movie pile for me

Parra

Referee
yeh totally agree. It was slow moving and didn’t go anywhere of substance. Even as a fan boy I didn’t see the point

will end up in the mediocre movie pile for me

I liked Skinny Pete's plan. The fact that he had his head together and came out of it with the El Camino. Was good to see him so on top of things.

myrrh ken

First Grade
I was waiting to see the clips from the trailers. But looks like they were specially made. Worth a watch for those who skipped them.

Nice little story and some tense moments - felt like a BB episode. I was somehow expecting more though but I guess that's always the way.

Latest posts