What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
Le polyvalent trois-quarts international Fidjien, Semi Radradra verra son contrat arriver à terme avec l’Union Bordeaux-Bègles au mois de juin prochain.

Le joueur de 27 ans a vu sa côte s’envoler sur le marché des transferts suite à ses énormes prestations lors de la Coupe du monde au Japon.

Récemment, le joueur laissait entendre vouloir rejouer au rugby à XIII, si possible en Australie. Il avait d’ailleurs rencontré les dirigeants des Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs avant le Mondial et était toujours dans le viseur des Parramatta Eels.

Cependant, le Midi Olympique de ce jour nous informe que les équipes Australiennes de rugby à XIII ont finalement tiré un trait sur Semi Radradra en raison de la forte concurrence et des offres financières beaucoup trop élevées.

L’avenir de Semi Radradra reste donc toujours très flou. Nul doute que le président de l’UBB, Laurent Marti tentera de conserver son joueur, mais à quel prix ? Affaire à suivre…

Translation ...........

The versatile three-quarter international Fijian, Semi Radradra will see his contract come to term with the Union Bordeaux-Bègles in June.

The 27-year-old saw his ribs soar on the transfer market as a result of his huge performances at the World Cup in Japan.

Recently, the player suggested he wanted to replay rugby league, if possible in Australia. He had met the leaders of the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs before the World Cup and was still in the sights of Parramatta Eels.

However, today's Midi Olympique informs us that the Australian Rugby League teams have finally drawn a line on Semi Radradra because of the strong competition and the financial offers which are much too high.

The future of Semi Radradra therefore remains very vague. There is no doubt that the president of UBB, Laurent Marti will try to retain his player, but at what price? Case to follow ...

https://www.minutesports.fr/index.p...ssement-concernant-lavenir-de-semi-radradra/#

Bandwagon

Staff member
Sounds like he won't be playing anywhere cos no one can afford him.

It'd really depend where his priorities lie I'd guess. Obviously he can make a shitload in Union OS, and he's only got a limited amount of time where he could do that. But it's not like if he wished to be closer to home he couldn't still earn enough in the NRL to ensure a reasonably comfortable life once he's done playing.

We are probably talking about quite a lot of money though.

Tooooks

Bench
EELS SNARE HIGHLY-RATED ASSISTANT
Parramatta are set for a major boost, with the appointment of Ryan Carr as an assistant coach for next season.

Carr will take over from former Wests Tigers head coach Mick Potter, who will leave the club after just one season.

Carr has an impressive coaching resume, having been head coach at English club Featherstone and Raiders feeder club Mounties.

He also did some work with Ricky Stuart's top squad at Canberra last season and is a first-grade coach in waiting.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mo...t-merrin/4dae6f1d-744e-4d50-9058-564fde1c83a2

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
This must have been happening for a while now as Potter got hooked a few months ago

Chipmunk

Coach
Featherstone Rovers coach Ryan Carr has confirmed he is leaving the club and returning home to Australia.
Rovers say "family reasons" are behind Carr's departure after just one season at the helm.

As reported last week, former Wakefield Trinity coach James Webster has already been lined up to take over.

Carr guided Rovers to fifth spot in the Betfred Championship and then a Grand Final appearance, where they lost to league leaders Toronto Wolfpack.

The impact he has made at Rovers - and for Leeds Rhinos where he was a part-time assistant-coach - has not gone unnoticed in Australia and NRL outfit Parramatta Eels are among clubs understood to be interested in adding him to their staff.

In a statement issued by Rovers, Carr - who joined Featherstone from New South Wales Cup side Mounties - said: “I am grateful to everyone involved at Featherstone Rovers to have had the chance to coach at such a proud and historic club.

"I have been blessed this year with a very special playing group that has been filled with good people who all wanted to work hard for each other and buy in to what we wanted to do.

"Being able to achieve what we did in such a short time frame is down to the hard work and dedication that those players were willing to put in. Those players are the ones that continue to drive the culture.

https://www.pontefractandcastleford...-rovers-coach-ryan-carr-steps-down-1-10049525

EELS SNARE HIGHLY-RATED ASSISTANT
Parramatta are set for a major boost, with the appointment of Ryan Carr as an assistant coach for next season.

Carr will take over from former Wests Tigers head coach Mick Potter, who will leave the club after just one season.

Carr has an impressive coaching resume, having been head coach at English club Featherstone and Raiders feeder club Mounties.

He also did some work with Ricky Stuart's top squad at Canberra last season and is a first-grade coach in waiting.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mo...t-merrin/4dae6f1d-744e-4d50-9058-564fde1c83a2

Well that escalated quickly. I'm surprised BA had time to even talk to him.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I remember when Sticky couldn't coach. And I also remember before that when he was good at it. I wonder if he'll know how to coach next year. The Raiders haven't made the finals two years in a row since '03-'04.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I remember when Sticky couldn't coach. And I also remember before that when he was good at it. I wonder if he'll know how to coach next year. The Raiders haven't made the finals two years in a row since '03-'04.
So Im guessing Ennis, McFadden and White were paid to watch King Ricky transform the team?

Latest posts