What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

gaffer

Juniors
Featherstone Rovers coach Ryan Carr has confirmed he is leaving the club and returning home to Australia.
Rovers say "family reasons" are behind Carr's departure after just one season at the helm.

As reported last week, former Wakefield Trinity coach James Webster has already been lined up to take over.

Carr guided Rovers to fifth spot in the Betfred Championship and then a Grand Final appearance, where they lost to league leaders Toronto Wolfpack.

The impact he has made at Rovers - and for Leeds Rhinos where he was a part-time assistant-coach - has not gone unnoticed in Australia and NRL outfit Parramatta Eels are among clubs understood to be interested in adding him to their staff.

In a statement issued by Rovers, Carr - who joined Featherstone from New South Wales Cup side Mounties - said: “I am grateful to everyone involved at Featherstone Rovers to have had the chance to coach at such a proud and historic club.

"I have been blessed this year with a very special playing group that has been filled with good people who all wanted to work hard for each other and buy in to what we wanted to do.

"Being able to achieve what we did in such a short time frame is down to the hard work and dedication that those players were willing to put in. Those players are the ones that continue to drive the culture.

https://www.pontefractandcastleford...-rovers-coach-ryan-carr-steps-down-1-10049525
I hope he is a good defence coach then we can give kidwell the heave ho

Bandwagon

Staff member
In the end if we offer him the tight contract and he's happy with that, what the f**k can the tigers do? ure they can play hardball, but they've already stated he can talk to other clubs, there's a problem there and it aint gonna be solved if he aint moved on.

If they limit his choices with over the top demands it won't end well for any of the parties. See the Moses situation, no one came out of that smelling all roses.