What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Gareth67

First Grade
So the big red v which was crap last season is now the garbag bin of the Nrl...........Newton and North Sydney here we come.....

The thing that has me most concerned is that so many clubs go through a low point during their time , but they all bounce back bigger and better . Case in point - Sharks and the drug saga - then a premiership .

Also Parramatta a number of years back with their salary cap drama - they swallow their punishment, sign themselves a decent coach and are into the semifinals .

We on the other hand continue to plummet into free fall and by the look of things we don’t even have a parachute.

Last edited:

BIG RIG

Juniors
Big rig. Id keep Kerr and Lovodua from the above as both untried / untapped and are pretty cheap. The others to go but they are only going to be replaced with like for like or maybe cheaper. I can see a heap of raw kids in the top 30 on minimum contracts to pay for the likes of Luke and merrin ( as rumored0
In my opinion no one will buy out duffty or aitken
Now we need a royal commission into why lomax and Luch are being "moved ' on ( if true) Lomax touted as next big thing ( as we know) our centres are sh*t so Zac should be in at aitkens expense ( aitkens asked to go) So why the sudden shift by management to allow this to happen ??
We need this new coaching set up announced in the hope of keeping Zac and luch ,
Christ if zac goes then by default we keep lafai and aitken as our centres AGAIN. and there will be no joy for 2020
Can anyone that has any inside knowledge of our once mighty club throw any light on why Zac and Luch are suddenly on the outer ??????????/

Leilua and Lomax are our future and I actually can’t believe we are shopping them around

jak

Bench
The thing that has me most concerned is that so many clubs go through a low point during their time , but they all bounce back bigger and better . Case in point - Sharks and the drug saga - then a premiership .

Also Parramatta a number of years back with their salary cap drama - they then go and get rid of the problems and sign themselves a decent coach and are into the semifinals .

We on the other hand continue to plummet into free fall and by the look of things we don’t even have a parachute.
your right mate but they didn't have MARY

Old Timer

Coach
So the big red v which was crap last season is now the garbag bin of the Nrl...........Newton and North Sydney here we come.....
And the chilling fact is he actually has 24 months to achieve that.
If we think this years retentions & recruitments will be bad then next years will be even worse.
We will have let go a few potential players in key positions (prop, centre, hooker, full back) and will likely retain Graham, Lafai, Norman, Luke beyond 2020.
It is going to get very ugly indeed.

SAP58

Juniors
Wouldn’t it be nice if the Saints published who they are getting rid of and who are we signing.
the off season rumour mill is driving me crazy and I don’t have much hope for a better season then 2019
Totally agree but for that to happen they would have to give two hoots about the supporters, that being the case we will continue to be kept in the dark !

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
W
Leilua and Lomax are our future and I actually can’t believe we are shopping them around
We are not shopping Lomax around, he’s shopping himself around, he was a tigers fan growing up, idolised Benji, wants big money and wants to play under a decent coach. He better be careful what he wishes for though, I’ve heard around the local Canberra scene Madge is an absolute C#%+, he won a premiership but he flogs his players like there’s no tomorrow and I doubt he could win more than one premiership with them. They will all quit. I think we better get used to the fact Lomax is gone and it’s not our fault.

qld redvee

Juniors
W

We are not shopping Lomax around, he’s shopping himself around, he was a tigers fan growing up, idolised Benji, wants big money and wants to play under a decent coach. He better be careful what he wishes for though, I’ve heard around the local Canberra scene Madge is an absolute C#%+, he won a premiership but he flogs his players like there’s no tomorrow and I doubt he could win more than one premiership with them. They will all quit. I think we better get used to the fact Lomax is gone and it’s not our fault.
Forbes. thanks for the insight you would think our brains trust ( someone / anyone ) would be in his ear telling him things will be different in 2020 and he has a centre spot .. if he goes the centre cupboard is more than bare and as i posted earlier that means lafai aitken certain starters - woo hoo !!
do you have any whispers on when the new coaching structure is announced or who

brissiedragon

Juniors
https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mo...744e-4d50-9058-564fde1c83a2?ocid=Social-NRLFS

NRL on Nine are reporting that we are interested in Merrin. I cannot believe that we are seriously considering a 30 year old jourmeyman nearing the end of his career. Another retirement gig for a player that has done bugger all lately.

What's wrong with Timm, the best forward in all of the reserve grade comp, being given a run?

This place is run by idiots

Gareth67

First Grade
You are certainly right about the idiots running the place brissydragon.

Why in the name of hades would you allow a strapping big beggar such as Timms walk and then sign an over the hill Merrin to take his place is beyond my spectrum of thinking .

Crush

Coach
https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mo...744e-4d50-9058-564fde1c83a2?ocid=Social-NRLFS

NRL on Nine are reporting that we are interested in Merrin. I cannot believe that we are seriously considering a 30 year old jourmeyman nearing the end of his career. Another retirement gig for a player that has done bugger all lately.

What's wrong with Timm, the best forward in all of the reserve grade comp, being given a run?

This place is run by idiots
Yes I mentioned this in the rumours thread weeks ago. I heard that they plan to make him captain. The club sees him as a 30 year old in his prime. He has been proactive and wants out of England.

Latest posts