What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

250excf

Juniors
I'd pay neither of them $850k.
I'd try luring Cade Cust and Brodie Croft on one year deals with that money +$100k instead.
I suppose nrl above all
Comes down to power and size I think we are lacking that in a few positions
Eg big powerful hard running wingers like Sivo
Big powerful running no6 eg Wighton
Big powerful running centres Mitchell Manu
Anyway you get the idea
If I was nrl coach this is what I would build big powerful yet with ball skills for 2nd phase with huge powerful outside backs running rampant

Peter Quinn

Juniors
I suppose nrl above all
Comes down to power and size I think we are lacking that in a few positions
Eg big powerful hard running wingers like Sivo
Big powerful running no6 eg Wighton
Big powerful running centres Mitchell Manu
Anyway you get the idea
If I was nrl coach this is what I would build big powerful yet with ball skills for 2nd phase with huge powerful outside backs running rampant
A big help most times. But sometimes the little fellas can make a much bigger guy look pretty silly.

Crowe

Juniors
I am not sure why everyone is panicking for? If Cook didn’t have one of his worst games ever we would have made the GF then who knows?
We did this without GI one of the games greats.
I don’t want Wighton at our club. I rather we sign someone like Holmes to play fullback if we were looking at a big money signing.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
I am not sure why everyone is panicking for? If Cook didn’t have one of his worst games ever we would have made the GF then who knows?
We did this without GI one of the games greats.
I don’t want Wighton at our club. I rather we sign someone like Holmes to play fullback if we were looking at a big money signing.
Or even Tommy Turbo and big Jake.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Hmmmm, I'm stoked that he'll be staying, just not sure about the price. On early Season form, he's 100% worth that but he needs to be consistent.

It’s hard because walker at his best is the best attacking 5/8th in the competition but Walker at his worse is like having Kane Elgey at 5/8th. I am convinced though that if our forwards set the platform next year Walker can be a premiership winning 5/8th. I’m not gonna lie though I’m pretty concerned with our forward pack going into 2020.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
It’s hard because walker at his best is the best attacking 5/8th in the competition but Walker at his worse is like having Kane Elgey at 5/8th. I am convinced though that if our forwards set the platform next year Walker can be a premiership winning 5/8th. I’m not gonna lie though I’m pretty concerned with our forward pack going into 2020.
Me too. Need at least one genuine prop, if not two. Liam Knight is going to be great, no doubt about it. But he's learning and two learning props don't win premierships.

250excf

Juniors
A big help most times. But sometimes the little fellas can make a much bigger guy look pretty silly.
Yes very true mate but I would definitely have a super fast no 9 eg cookie :thumbsup:
and I love Reyno awesome game manager one of the best great kicking great defence mostly would like just a little more acceleration taking on the line on Occassion , but this young man is a gun imo
Eg short pass to Sutton at least 6 occasions in attacking zone then on the 7 th when defence is all up in a line expecting another short pass bang slips a perfect kick into goal try time

250excf

Juniors
Me too. Need at least one genuine prop, if not two. Liam Knight is going to be great, no doubt about it. But he's learning and two learning props don't win premierships.
We have Tom , Junior TAtola Liam Knight that massive Polynesian guy in reserves forget his name played a game or 2 goes Hard plus Mark Nichols

callmack1

Staff member
I agree with what people are saying in regards to Cody and the forwards. You look at all his stellar games this year and that happens off the back of the forwards.

I must admit too that if Sam retires, I will be concerned about our pack too. It's not bad at all but it would just be lacking a bit I feel. Not going to panic though because we don't know what's happeneing with Sam and who knows what kind of signings we'll make before next year?

callmack1

Staff member
I have been very impressed by what I have seen from Amone so far. Hopefully he can continue his development and have a real breakout year next year!