What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
Trent Merrin might work?
Depends what costs but would be a great leader and be perfect for bench.
Would he be more then 350k?

yy_cheng

Coach
Would matto play right edge? Would he and moses get on?

I get this feeling that their personalities will clash and moses will demand for lane to be on the right edge

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Would matto play right edge? Would he and moses get on?

I get this feeling that their personalities will clash and moses will demand for lane to be on the right edge

One player who can empathise with Matterson is Mitchell Moses. The Eels star, in camp with the Australian squad ahead of the two-day World Nines event beginning on Friday, also left the Tigers in similar circumstances. Despite still being under contract, Moses shifted to Parramatta for a fresh start and was this year rewarded with Dally M halfback of the year honours.

"I’d love to play with him," said Moses, who played alongside Matterson at schoolboy level. "He’s been copping a fair bit of flak in the media, it’s not warranted. He’s getting flak from former teammates and things like that. He’s got to not look at that stuff.

"He’s a great player and really came out and played out of his skin this year. He’s worth whatever he’s trying to do. He’s a great player and whatever team picks him up, he’s a great pick up.

An excerpt from this article

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ma...rs-about-possible-return-20191015-p530y6.html

84 Baby

Referee
One player who can empathise with Matterson is Mitchell Moses. The Eels star, in camp with the Australian squad ahead of the two-day World Nines event beginning on Friday, also left the Tigers in similar circumstances. Despite still being under contract, Moses shifted to Parramatta for a fresh start and was this year rewarded with Dally M halfback of the year honours.

"I’d love to play with him," said Moses, who played alongside Matterson at schoolboy level. "He’s been copping a fair bit of flak in the media, it’s not warranted. He’s getting flak from former teammates and things like that. He’s got to not look at that stuff.

"He’s a great player and really came out and played out of his skin this year. He’s worth whatever he’s trying to do. He’s a great player and whatever team picks him up, he’s a great pick up.

An excerpt from this article

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ma...rs-about-possible-return-20191015-p530y6.html
Lol but Moses could demand Lane

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I'd offer them Salmon. Win/win for everyone especially Salmon.

We haven’t even re-signed Mennings / Taka (without these we have no starting centre) so there is no way I would be offering them Salmon.

Salmon also gives us good cover in the halves, don’t think we want Smith playing there ...

Additionally Matterson is probably a good example of why we don’t want to let a rookie leave to soon.

Peni is the one we should offer if we have to offer anyone.

yy_cheng

Coach
I remember moses saying he's being asking for mau to be his protector. He'll now ask for lane after lanes performance this year

Happy MEel

First Grade
Trent Merrin might work?
Depends what costs but would be a great leader and be perfect for bench.
Would he be more then 350k?
He’d be a steal at that price. I reckon he’d be closer to $450-$500k. He’d be a pretty good fit with his offloading ability and it would mean one of Alvaro/Evans/Niukore misses out in a fully fit top 17...which is a good position to be in.

Bazal

Post Whore
I remember moses saying he's being asking for mau to be his protector. He'll now ask for lane after lanes performance this year

Well by that logic Matterson is a better defender/does more work in defence than Lane so maybe he's gonna demand Matterson?

It's a leap in logic based on very little IMO

Happy MEel

First Grade
Matto is a much better defender (higher work rate and better tackle efficiency) so I’m not sure why he’d demand Lane on the right as his protector.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Plenty of entertainment over on the dragons rumours thread, since it's a little quiet in here.
They're saying; Lomax to Tigers, Luciano to Knights, Merrin back to Dragons and Mary stays forever. :D:D:D:D:D

hindy111

Post Whore
We actually have a lot of spots to fill for next season. Especially for th reserve side.
Also will be interesting if any under 20 kids graduate. Are any to old for 20s next season that are rated?