What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL sent video of alleged Nelson Asofa-Solomona in Bali brawl

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
Melb Storm has so many friends in the media that they've even tried to turn a negative story into a positive one. Oh, I was saving a mate from getting bottled. Well, you're mate wouldn't be getting bottled if you weren't getting plastered for 8 hours straight.

I can’t that as a serious comment

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
No, I'm a fan with a small baby who I'd want to get into the game when she grows up. Given the kind of things we're seeing, I don't think it will happen.

So you're basically Helen Lovejoy, right?

It's a disgrace if NAS is banned for 3 weeks. A clear signal that Test football is not important, because we're all well aware he a) wouldn't be banned for 3 weeks if it was during the Storm's season and b) if it was State of Origin, same thing. But no, it'll send a STERN MESSAGE until someone gets off something next season.

Angry_eel

First Grade

It's a disgrace if NAS is banned for 3 weeks. A clear signal that Test football is not important, because we're all well aware he a) wouldn't be banned for 3 weeks if it was during the Storm's season and b) if it was State of Origin, same thing. But no, it'll send a STERN MESSAGE until someone gets off something next season.
There should be consistency, I agree.

Lambretta

First Grade
Are there Test games coming up?

He'll only be suspended if NZ are facing Australia, otherwise, no case to answer, move along

Mr Angry

Not a Referee

Well he did not take a photo in bad taste.

That will get you kicked out.

Belt people up in another country...no problemo.

Next captain material.

Diesel

Referee

Test footy shouldn’t be affected. The NRL should only be able to ban for NRL games, the IRLF should only be able to ban for international games. I doubt if it was an Australian player, there would be 3 game ban handed out by the NRL.
Is Todd back from his holiday?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Test footy shouldn’t be affected. The NRL should only be able to ban for NRL games, the IRLF should only be able to ban for international games. I doubt if it was an Australian player, there would be 3 game ban handed out by the NRL.

couldn’t agree more. Bans in test matches shouldn’t effect nrl games, likewise nrl games shouldNt effect rep games,

idd give this one a 3/10 off season atrocity rating.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

Perfectly happy with this scenario. We all know that potential bans for Origin footballers never happen around Origin time, so make it official that it can't.

If something happens on Test duty, like the nose bag boys in the Kiwis a couple of years ago, ban them from Test footy. As a club official, I'd be pretty pissed off if that player was banned from my side because the officials from another organisation couldn't manage or control them. If it happens under their jurisdiction, they cop the consequence.

AJB1102

First Grade
It's not but we don't know the back story and NRL players by now should know pretty well that people will target them.

Also, if the aim was imply to save his team mate, one punch or shove would suffice. Along with pulling your mate and throwing both of them in a cab to get the f**k out of there.

It seems to me that we will never learn and will continue making excuses for idiots.

Why run away, especially if you're Nelson's size? Knock out a few lippy bogans and back to the Bintangs. If the CCTV inside isn't favourable I'm sure it can go away

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
More trips to Bali. Next season should be awesome, Parra and WSS and GWS all go.

Throw in a 1000 Victorians.

The place to be.

I bet they tip well, like others here.

SharkShocked

Bench
Why run away, especially if you're Nelson's size? Knock out a few lippy bogans and back to the Bintangs. If the CCTV inside isn't favourable I'm sure it can go away

Unless of course with the size and power you possess you end up killing said bogan.

That's why as previously mentioned, you would use as minimal amount of force as required then get you and your mate out of there....but that's called being aware of possible consequences.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Well Bali has never had a race riot so one could argue its better than Cronulla.

The quality of Australian residents is the same in both
Cronulla never had a terrorist attack directed at............

Never mind, your high horse and lack of knowledge is the place to be.