What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

French News

Walter sobchak

First Grade
All players who only get a first team appearance when a players goes down injured, then a squad reshuffle, then they might get a chance. Would add Julien to that list. But as long as they make signings like Tiernney and Whitley, they won't get a fair crack. Apparently Joel Tomkins is heading to Catalan's? Catalan's never learn.
Dear god!! Not Joel Tomkins.

I’m not against Catalan having about 4-5 top quality overseas players in their squad but I can’t accept filling your 17 with mostly bang average overseas players at the expense of inexperienced yes but talented young French talent.

Storm13

Juniors
Dear god!! Not Joel Tomkins.

I’m not against Catalan having about 4-5 top quality overseas players in their squad but I can’t accept filling your 17 with mostly bang average overseas players at the expense of inexperienced yes but talented young French talent.
As long as there is a discarded NRL forward to be had, then I don't think they will ever learn. They don't know how to train talent. Look how Escare was bulked up when he went to Wigan. Bosc there most establish player, was a utility at best for them.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
As long as there is a discarded NRL forward to be had, then I don't think they will ever learn. They don't know how to train talent. Look how Escare was bulked up when he went to Wigan. Bosc there most establish player, was a utility at best for them.
Wish more players would try their luck with English based super league clubs rather than seeing their development go sideways playing elite1 RL.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/1012...logises-for-winning-super-league-grand-final/

HEO Fages had one word to sum up St Helens’ dominance that ended in a right and proper Super League title – sorry.

Not for their brilliance that saw them end the regular season 16 points clear, not for learning lessons in playing the biggest of games after Wembley heartache in the Challenge Cup Final loss to Warrington.

Theo Fages said sorry after winning the Grand Final against SalfordCredit: MAGIPIX
Instead, the Frenchman was sorry for ruining the dreams of his adopted family that taught him so much after Salford brought him to England.

The one he urged to cancel the Caribbean holiday they booked thinking the Red Devils had no chance of reaching Old Trafford.

Spotted as a 16-year-old, Fages arrived hardly able to speak a word of English but was placed in the care of Shirley and Alan Bradshaw.

After learning to drive over here and mastering the language – as Shirley put it, ‘Google Translate was our best friend to start with’ – Fages went on to establish himself as a Super League star and now a champion.

But there was still a message for the couple who tuned in from their hotel in Barbados.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry for them,” said Fages in his accent that is three quarters south of France, one quarter north of England after seeing tries from Morgan Knowles, Mark Percival and Zeb Taia help them to victory.

“They’re a big part of why I’m here today. They helped me so much in the first few years here and I’m still very close to them.

“The first thing I said to them when Salford reached the final was, ‘You’ve got to cancel your holiday,’ as I know how much Salford means to them. I wanted them to be there.

“I visited them last week. They’re family to me. They’re the reason why I made my dreams come true.

“I made my debut for Salford and they gave me my chance. I’ll always be grateful to them as I wouldn’t be here now if they didn’t.

“Finishing 16 points clear was a good achievement but everyone judges you on the Grand Final. I think we deserve this.

“Everyone had what happened at Wembley in their head. We didn’t want to be upset again. Losing at Wembley was hard but we had to reset and we did that well.”

A Salford win would have been the ultimate fairytale but no-one can argue with Saints making sure reality prevailed.

Boss Justin Holbrook heads to NRL side Gold Coast Titans a title winner and Luke Thompson showed why Aussie clubs would have him tomorrow with a sensational performance.

An epic 72-minute stint sealed the Harry Sunderland Trophy as man of the match and fellow prop Alex Walmsley – who was almost as good himself – believes the 24-year-old is the best on the planet.

He said: “Thommo is the best in the world.

https://treizemondial.fr/jason-baitieri-quitte-lequipe-de-france-la-ffr-xiii-pointee-du-doigt/

A few hours after the end of the World Cup at 9, the captain of the France team announced that he was leaving the XIII of France with immediate effect.

In the columns of the Independent , Jason Baitieri gives his feelings and incriminates the FFR XIII:

After a long and delicate reflection and with a lot of emotions, I decided not to participate in the last two matches with the France team. I can not continue to play and sacrifice my body for a President and a Federation with whom I do not share the same dimension of values, respect, equality and above all honesty. To this day, I do not feel any of these dimensions that must be transmitted by the head of the Federation. As a captain it is harder and harder for me to hide my enormous suffering and disgust. I spent ten beautiful years in France team where we have always worked together with honor but the last three years, I play mainly for my teammates, the staff, my family and especially my country.

The team of France is for me the summit of our sport and I have always invested 100%, without reflection or hesitation, but today, I can not continue this battle, which mentally weighs me too much and is lost in advance with the leaders of the XIII of France. As long as the Federation is the one it is today, I will not be able to wet my blue jersey as I have always done and I fully assume the possible repercussions. The lack of professionalism weighs on the entire preparation of sports events. Things need to change so that our sport continues to move in the right direction, with seriousness and rigor, because Rugby League suffers enormously and not only in our country, but also internationally.

So what is the feeling on the ground regarding the 9s?
As an outsider you feel they should have used this to assert some dominance. This form of the game should have suited them yet they go out without a whimper.

adamkungl

Immortal
https://treizemondial.fr/jason-baitieri-quitte-lequipe-de-france-la-ffr-xiii-pointee-du-doigt/

A few hours after the end of the World Cup at 9, the captain of the France team announced that he was leaving the XIII of France with immediate effect.

In the columns of the Independent , Jason Baitieri gives his feelings and incriminates the FFR XIII:

After a long and delicate reflection and with a lot of emotions, I decided not to participate in the last two matches with the France team. I can not continue to play and sacrifice my body for a President and a Federation with whom I do not share the same dimension of values, respect, equality and above all honesty. To this day, I do not feel any of these dimensions that must be transmitted by the head of the Federation. As a captain it is harder and harder for me to hide my enormous suffering and disgust. I spent ten beautiful years in France team where we have always worked together with honor but the last three years, I play mainly for my teammates, the staff, my family and especially my country.

The team of France is for me the summit of our sport and I have always invested 100%, without reflection or hesitation, but today, I can not continue this battle, which mentally weighs me too much and is lost in advance with the leaders of the XIII of France. As long as the Federation is the one it is today, I will not be able to wet my blue jersey as I have always done and I fully assume the possible repercussions. The lack of professionalism weighs on the entire preparation of sports events. Things need to change so that our sport continues to move in the right direction, with seriousness and rigor, because Rugby League suffers enormously and not only in our country, but also internationally.

Ouch.

Storm13

Juniors
The lack of anything meaningful with regards to fixtures and dwindling status may play a role. Only going to get worse for France here on out.

EH9aOt0XUAA2qz0.jpg:large

Following the statements of Jason Baitieri after the World Cup at 9, the French Rugby League Federation issued an official statement.

It is with a misunderstanding mingled with deep sadness, that the FFR XIII has read the comments made by Jason Baitieri in the newspaper L'Indépendant, in the aftermath of the Rugby World Cup IX. (RLWC 9's)

Misunderstanding all the more because the respect he speaks of has always been granted.

Misunderstanding on his statement of "disagreement" with the governance of the FFR XIII for three years, without however having never previously expressed on this subject in any way that it was (orally, factually or openly) with the governance.

On the contrary, our governance even choosing him as the icon of France on the posters of the last European Cup and validating his nomination as captain of the national team, he the Franco / Australian, for the RLWC 9's and the tour Australian who followed .......

What greater brand of recognition, respect and trust can be given to a player !!!

We also do not understand the remarks about a possible lack of preparation.

Indeed, in addition to five days on the spot financially supported by the NRL, the FFR XIII has, at his expense, and at the request of the national coach, allowed the French delegation to arrive three days earlier in Australia in a concern for player comfort and optimal preparation of our national team.

To this must be added the tens of thousands of Euros invested in the last two years in medical equipment, weight training, recovery, technical resources, preparation courses (punctuated and decided by the coach), thanks in particular to support of the municipality of Port Barcarès and its Mayor Mr. Alain Ferrand, but also through a significant financial investment of the Federation since it is necessary to reimburse each course the travel expenses of players and daily allowances.

Also keep in mind the huge effort made towards all our teams in France for the past three years.

A competitive French team can not improvise, it is built, it is getting ready.

We have to work and invest on our U17 and U19, which will form the team of France of tomorrow. Allow these categories to confront the Nations that precede us today to fill these gaps and become truly competitive at the international level.

To do this, we have financed four tours over the last five months:

July: Tour in England for the U17 (2 tests matches)

September: New Zealand tour for U19 (4 test matches)

October: Australia tour for France A (5 test matches)

October: Turkey Tour and Royal Air Force Women's Reception (2 test matches)

June: Financing of England's rugby rugby reception (2 test matches)

Our teams in France have spread over our territory and in four different countries, playing a total of fifteen international matches.

Without doubt a first in the history of FFR XIII.

All these investments have been made to optimize the individual and collective preparation of our internationals.

In his statements, J. Baitieri also reports a lack of honesty of the Federation.

This claim, which he repeatedly and forcefully expressed to the STAFF of the France team, who reported it daily to the governance, focused mainly on the remuneration of the players of the national team.

The RLWC 9's Tournament Manual indicated funding of AU $ 42,000 (€ 25,800) awarded by the NRL to each Federation and distributed as follows; AU $ 32,000 (€ 19,650) for player compensation (€ 1,228 per player) and AU $ 10,000 (€ 6,150) to help the Federations cover some of the additional costs.

Once these financial conditions have been decided, we have thought about the possibility of financing an Australian tour as an extension of this RLWC 9's in order to offer our players the possibility of being calibrated against the best players on the planet and thus to better prepare the next World Cup 2021, England.

To do this, we sent 7 additional players who joined the France group to extend the tour of 13 days and be able to play two test matches XIII after the RLWC 9's.

A first test against U23 Kangaroos, a second against Western Rams.

Thus and since it seems to have been a lot of money on the spot by the captain, before he decides to abandon his family in the middle of the ford, some clarification is needed on the remuneration of players.

World Cup at IX pay per player (3 matches of 18 minutes):

Participation in the RLWC 9's

€ 1,400 guaranteed earnings (plus bonuses per game won)

Australian tour at XIII pay per player (2 match tests of 80 minutes);

Participation in matches against U23 Kangaroos and Western Rams (+ Prime per match won)

1 550 € NET of guaranteed remuneration.

Or 2 950 € guaranteed remuneration without any obligation of victory.

From Australia, the STAFF of the selection, informed us that J. Baitieri considered this insufficient, even going as far as to require that the Federation pays the players of the team of France the AU $ 2,000 (€ 1,228) paid by the NRL in addition to the € 1,400 of remuneration granted by the FFR XIII, which we categorically refused since the endowment of the NRL was an integral part of the overall remuneration of the players.

Information from comparable Federations, such as Lebanon (who beat us) and Wales, these nations have told us to pay their players only the AU $ 2,000 (€ 1,228) awarded by the NRL without any bonus additional.

In the end, for these 20 days of tour, the remuneration of the players of the team of France included bonuses is decomposed as follows:

RLWC 9's:

1 600 € NET , (in place of the 1 228 € proposed by the NRL)

Australian tour:

1 950 € NET

Thus, the players who participated in the two events will receive € 3,550 NET to which should be added a magnificent and rewarding journey both sporting and human.

It is also important to underline that the Federation has no late payment towards its internationals.

Better yet, to the best use of government funds reserved exclusively for French players listed NHC ( S portif of H aut N evel) by the Ministry, we pay in advance some of them based on their confidence that we let's agree and because we consider them to be players in the selection.

As such, Jason Baitieri benefited last November from an advance of € 1,673 NET for the international season 2019/2020.

It should be noted that to date, the Ministry has not included on the SHN list the women and rugby league players Armchair yet doubles world champions in title.

It seemed useful to us to make these clarifications to give to the greatest number the measure of our incomprehension and our deep sadness vis-a-vis the attitude and the remarks of this player.

There is something indecent vis-à-vis other teams in France, but also vis-a-vis the treizist world in general, given the considerable financial investment of the Federation for this Australian tour.

It is indeed a real privilege to live such an experience in the country rugby league.

The blue jersey is priceless !!!

The blue jersey certainly deserves better than this unjustified controversy, considering the care we take to place, according to our relatively limited means, our national teams on the road to success.

The men's France team is important, but it is not the only one, it is not conceivable for our Governance to devote all our financial efforts to this only national selection.

It is in this respect that, in the coming days, an important novelty concerning the development of the XIII of France will be communicated.

https://treizemondial.fr/communique...rugby-a-xiii-suite-a-laffaire-jason-baitieri/

Jim from Oz

Juniors
Following the statements of Jason Baitieri after the World Cup at 9, the French Rugby League Federation issued an official statement.

It is with a misunderstanding mingled with deep sadness, that the FFR XIII has read the comments made by Jason Baitieri in the newspaper L'Indépendant, in the aftermath of the Rugby World Cup IX. (RLWC 9's)

Misunderstanding all the more because the respect he speaks of has always been granted.

Misunderstanding on his statement of "disagreement" with the governance of the FFR XIII for three years, without however having never previously expressed on this subject in any way that it was (orally, factually or openly) with the governance.

On the contrary, our governance even choosing him as the icon of France on the posters of the last European Cup and validating his nomination as captain of the national team, he the Franco / Australian, for the RLWC 9's and the tour Australian who followed .......

What greater brand of recognition, respect and trust can be given to a player !!!

We also do not understand the remarks about a possible lack of preparation.

Indeed, in addition to five days on the spot financially supported by the NRL, the FFR XIII has, at his expense, and at the request of the national coach, allowed the French delegation to arrive three days earlier in Australia in a concern for player comfort and optimal preparation of our national team.

To this must be added the tens of thousands of Euros invested in the last two years in medical equipment, weight training, recovery, technical resources, preparation courses (punctuated and decided by the coach), thanks in particular to support of the municipality of Port Barcarès and its Mayor Mr. Alain Ferrand, but also through a significant financial investment of the Federation since it is necessary to reimburse each course the travel expenses of players and daily allowances.

Also keep in mind the huge effort made towards all our teams in France for the past three years.

A competitive French team can not improvise, it is built, it is getting ready.

We have to work and invest on our U17 and U19, which will form the team of France of tomorrow. Allow these categories to confront the Nations that precede us today to fill these gaps and become truly competitive at the international level.

To do this, we have financed four tours over the last five months:

July: Tour in England for the U17 (2 tests matches)

September: New Zealand tour for U19 (4 test matches)

October: Australia tour for France A (5 test matches)

October: Turkey Tour and Royal Air Force Women's Reception (2 test matches)

June: Financing of England's rugby rugby reception (2 test matches)

Our teams in France have spread over our territory and in four different countries, playing a total of fifteen international matches.

Without doubt a first in the history of FFR XIII.

All these investments have been made to optimize the individual and collective preparation of our internationals.

In his statements, J. Baitieri also reports a lack of honesty of the Federation.

This claim, which he repeatedly and forcefully expressed to the STAFF of the France team, who reported it daily to the governance, focused mainly on the remuneration of the players of the national team.

The RLWC 9's Tournament Manual indicated funding of AU $ 42,000 (€ 25,800) awarded by the NRL to each Federation and distributed as follows; AU $ 32,000 (€ 19,650) for player compensation (€ 1,228 per player) and AU $ 10,000 (€ 6,150) to help the Federations cover some of the additional costs.

Once these financial conditions have been decided, we have thought about the possibility of financing an Australian tour as an extension of this RLWC 9's in order to offer our players the possibility of being calibrated against the best players on the planet and thus to better prepare the next World Cup 2021, England.

To do this, we sent 7 additional players who joined the France group to extend the tour of 13 days and be able to play two test matches XIII after the RLWC 9's.

A first test against U23 Kangaroos, a second against Western Rams.

Thus and since it seems to have been a lot of money on the spot by the captain, before he decides to abandon his family in the middle of the ford, some clarification is needed on the remuneration of players.

World Cup at IX pay per player (3 matches of 18 minutes):

Participation in the RLWC 9's

€ 1,400 guaranteed earnings (plus bonuses per game won)

Australian tour at XIII pay per player (2 match tests of 80 minutes);

Participation in matches against U23 Kangaroos and Western Rams (+ Prime per match won)

1 550 € NET of guaranteed remuneration.

Or 2 950 € guaranteed remuneration without any obligation of victory.

From Australia, the STAFF of the selection, informed us that J. Baitieri considered this insufficient, even going as far as to require that the Federation pays the players of the team of France the AU $ 2,000 (€ 1,228) paid by the NRL in addition to the € 1,400 of remuneration granted by the FFR XIII, which we categorically refused since the endowment of the NRL was an integral part of the overall remuneration of the players.

Information from comparable Federations, such as Lebanon (who beat us) and Wales, these nations have told us to pay their players only the AU $ 2,000 (€ 1,228) awarded by the NRL without any bonus additional.

In the end, for these 20 days of tour, the remuneration of the players of the team of France included bonuses is decomposed as follows:

RLWC 9's:

1 600 € NET , (in place of the 1 228 € proposed by the NRL)

Australian tour:

1 950 € NET

Thus, the players who participated in the two events will receive € 3,550 NET to which should be added a magnificent and rewarding journey both sporting and human.

It is also important to underline that the Federation has no late payment towards its internationals.

Better yet, to the best use of government funds reserved exclusively for French players listed NHC ( S portif of H aut N evel) by the Ministry, we pay in advance some of them based on their confidence that we let's agree and because we consider them to be players in the selection.

As such, Jason Baitieri benefited last November from an advance of € 1,673 NET for the international season 2019/2020.

It should be noted that to date, the Ministry has not included on the SHN list the women and rugby league players Armchair yet doubles world champions in title.

It seemed useful to us to make these clarifications to give to the greatest number the measure of our incomprehension and our deep sadness vis-a-vis the attitude and the remarks of this player.

There is something indecent vis-à-vis other teams in France, but also vis-a-vis the treizist world in general, given the considerable financial investment of the Federation for this Australian tour.

It is indeed a real privilege to live such an experience in the country rugby league.

The blue jersey is priceless !!!

The blue jersey certainly deserves better than this unjustified controversy, considering the care we take to place, according to our relatively limited means, our national teams on the road to success.

The men's France team is important, but it is not the only one, it is not conceivable for our Governance to devote all our financial efforts to this only national selection.

It is in this respect that, in the coming days, an important novelty concerning the development of the XIII of France will be communicated.

https://treizemondial.fr/communique...rugby-a-xiii-suite-a-laffaire-jason-baitieri/
I fet the impression the FFR XIII aren’t happy!

New TV deal

The French Federation has announced a broadcast deal for its domestic competitions with ViaOccitania. The channel will show 17 games over the season, including all five from next weekend’s Magic Weekend which opens up the Elite 1 Championship season. The other games include the Elite 1 and Elite 2 Championship Finals, the Lord Derby Cup final and five games during the season.

Still no deal for Catalans

in-art-close-icon-128x128-16481b937f87b244a645cdbef0d930f8.png

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

Despite the positive broadcast news for the domestic competition, Catalans Dragons are still without a TV deal for the 2020 Super League season. Talks with l’Equipe have broken down, despite the Dragons saying they would be happy to move the days and times of their games, which have traditionally been held on Saturday evenings since they joined the competition in 2006. The Dragons and Super League may have to get the begging bowl back out to beIN Sports, after they refused to pay an increased asking price to broadcast, or face the prospect of no live games being shown from France next season.

Baitieri leads FFR fall-out

There is a civil war brewing between France’s top players, led by captain Jason Baitieri, and the French Federation (FFR XIII). Baitieri left the tour of Australia early, and it is believed he and a number of players want to make a stand against what they say is an “unprofessional” governing body. The FFR have hit back and are contemplating legal action following comments made by Baitieri in the press. The fall-out threatens to overshadow the start of the Elite 1 Championship season next Saturday.

St Gaudens draft in Aussie

french-terrence.jpg

St Gaudens have moved to replace hooker Damien Wastjer, by signing Australian hooker Terrence Green. Green, 28, arrives from the New South Wales Cup, where he has been playing with the Manly reserve grade side.

Elite 2 round-up

Pia sit top of the Elite 2 Championship after they came from behind to beat VARL 20-4. Vinnie Anderson’s side led 18-4 after the hour mark, but the Baroudeurs fought back in style, scoring three times in the final quarter to pinch the win.

french-entraigues-carpentras.jpg

Previous leaders Entraigues suffered a 20-16 defeat at Carpentras, while Villefranche lost for the second successive week, losing to reigning champions Baho, who picked up a much needed 20-14 win.

french-baho-villefrancheaction.jpg

This season’s surprise package, Ille, thrashed Lyon-Villeubanne 48-0, led by Thibault Margalet, while Salon finally won after three straight defeats, beating Lescure 33-22.

Saturday 2 November 2019
LYON-VILLEURBANNE XIII 0 – 48 Détails ILLE XIII
SALON XIII 36 – 22 Détails LESCURE XIII
Sunday 3 November 2019
BAHO XIII 20 – 14 Détails VILLEFRANCHE XIII
ENTRAIGUES XIII 16 – 20 Détails CARPENTRAS XIII
PIA XIII 20 – 18 Détails VILLEGAILHENC XIII

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/pos...thing-yet-for-catalans-pia-go-top-of-elite-2/

Latest posts