What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non-eels footy stuff

Bazal

Post Whore
Welcome to the age of millennial’s, don’t worry they are going to save us all.

More like welcome to the age of dumb footy players. It's been ongoing since footy started.

They just have more ways to be dumb than they used to. I can remember being out and a player ripping a bin out of a night club wall and chucking it at someone not long after iPhone came about lol.

The key here is to ban the silly merkins from Insta. Pricey never had a phone to brag about how many beers he'd got through, but I bet the dopey merkin would have

strider

Post Whore
Nice guy defence.

I dont know if its nice guy defence. By all accounts it was entirely retaliation. The f**ker who started it probably deserved a 7 foot giant to smack his head in.

I guess its its usual, footy players cant be out on the piss cos they are a target story though

Gronk

Staff member
I dont know if its nice guy defence. By all accounts it was entirely retaliation. The f**ker who started it probably deserved a 7 foot giant to smack his head in.

I guess its its usual, footy players cant be out on the piss cos they are a target story though
He could have intervened in a non violent manner and the situation woukd have been resolved.

Condoning *justifiable* violence when not in self defence is wrong.

strider

Post Whore
He could have intervened in a non violent manner and the situation woukd have been resolved.

If it was jnr paulo belting some f**kwit for glassing sivo every merkin on here would be calling jnr a hero

Eelogical

Referee
If it was jnr paulo belting some f**kwit for glassing sivo every merkin on here would be calling jnr a hero
Or, they could all just relax at the hotel and play pool, then get a bus tour that highlights local heritage before returning to the hotel for a knockout chess competition.

TheParraboy

Staff member

Good point, I guess we wait till the full facts come out

But I must say belting a bloke who just did a king hit on a close mate doesn't make my blood boil what so ever, quite the opposite actually. Nelson is in some trouble for sure, if he ended up killing the guy (one possible outcome with his flurry of punches) , then would be up for manslaughter

Gronk

Staff member

No because if he was 3rd man in he could get charged with assault.

7ft merkin did not get attacked, he went in to help a mate. A noble act indeed, but he’d be better off getting in between them and pouring cold water on the brouhaha.

Gronk

Staff member
Was in the car listening to Piggy and that other merkin talking about it. They were ranting that the 7ft merkin was defending himself. That's not what I understand to be the case. Fake news.

hybrideel

Bench
I thought i read somewhere that he was threatened with a broken bottle

edit. found something that mentions it

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/nelson...ub-brawl/6627390e-5361-4ced-9fa0-0d4a09b51fc4

"Assiego said that once the matter went outside, Vunivalu's attacker and a group of friends - including one armed with a bottle - approached the Storm players. That was when Asofa-Solomona allegedly reacted violently and was captured in the viral footage."

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/b...n/news-story/930d7397a189535017ca1ed63f11b2fc

“The Aussie blokes downstairs rushed up and surrounded Vunivalu,” the anonymous source said. “Then they king-hit him. You can imagine what the Storm blokes did next.

“When it erupted, the bouncers threw them all out and they were out on the street. They were all out the front and that’s when the big fella [Asofa-Solomona] saw one of the blokes with a bottle in his hand. He was going to glass him [Vunivalu] — so he got in first.”

Last edited:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Really? Cmon. Im sure they were going to pull out anyway but to use that as an excuse is pretty pathetic. The world we live in.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
They copping it deluxe on social media and the Murdoch press are all saying in their headlines that is down to James and yet in the article they go on to explain the other reasons like they were gonna pull the pin anyway.

Typical bottom feeders

Snoochies

First Grade
They copping it deluxe on social media and the Murdoch press are all saying in their headlines that is down to James and yet in the article they go on to explain the other reasons like they were gonna pull the pin anyway.

Typical bottom feeders

Did the CEO or whoever he is from TFH say the speech was 'embarrassing' and 'offensive'?
Could have easily said the on field performance was not upto standard and everyone would agree but abit of stage fright and the dude needs a paper bag to breath in to contain his anxiety???

84 Baby

Referee
Well TFH have set their standards. Wonder how director Brett Thomas will fair from this even more embarrassing gaffe

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Did the CEO or whoever he is from TFH say the speech was 'embarrassing' and 'offensive'?

yes he did although I dont see how it could possibly be offensive but they also gave other reasons like history of drug taking and poor performances on the field and other issues

James has nothing but support from everyone on social media

chiefy1

Juniors
I wonder what percentage of blokes who get king hit were acting like massive f**kwits in the lead up.

Isn't being on the receiving end of a king hit like not seeing the merkin coming?
Why would you hit someone who's not expecting it. That's poor form.