What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Metal thread \m/

Mong

Post Whore
Anyone been to a cradle show this tour and can advise who the “special guests” are?

Eelectrica

Referee
Disappointing pointing for people planning on going. Hope James gets the treatment he needs and sticks with it.

When they re-schedule hopefully they book a better venue in QLD than the dilapidated run down mess they booked initially.
Book Suncorp stadium instead, and I'll be there with bells on...

Eelectrica

Referee
Listening to Opeth's In Cauda Venenum on Youtube. Still don't have the CD's yet. Had to order online.

Love the album though. The death metal side might be gone, but I don't mind the prog metal direction they've gone with.
They usually still play the classic metal songs like Deliverance live anyway.

adamkungl

Immortal
Anybody following Robb Flynn’s latest meltdown on insta? Guy has become the laughing stock of metal

Christ what a loser.

I didn't know they had a new song out
I'm gonna give it a spin

With this lyrical content there's no way it could be bad

"I don't give a f**k about your haters and your hate / You assholes better duck, I'm coming swinging out the gate / There's not a metal band I ain't influenced, now I'm calling out the judas / Every band's the f**king same."
"I don't give a f**k about your stupid little scene / Reaction videos and all your pussy little memes."

adamkungl

Immortal
Musically it's... pretty good? heavy, thrashy, a lot going on.
But the lyrics
f**k
I don't even pay much attention to lyrics usually but with Flynn it's impossible to ignore how bad they are. Shitty 90s rap diss track dross. And his public statements just make it worse

He's obviously upset that everyone panned his last shithouse album and is now gonna release an album with 70 minutes of f**k Da H8rZ lyrics showing how much he doesnt care
He's metal's Eminem, but a thousand times less popular.

Vic Mackey

Referee
But the lyrics
f**k
I don't even pay much attention to lyrics usually but with Flynn it's impossible to ignore how bad they are. Shitty 90s rap diss track dross. And his public statements just make it worse

He's obviously upset that everyone panned his last shithouse album and is now gonna release an album with 70 minutes of f**k Da H8rZ lyrics showing how much he doesnt care

I literally said the exact same thing. Its pretty thrashy, better then any rubbish off the last album. But the lyrics? jesus christ. It sounds like something a 15 year old would write thinking they're top shit. fred durst would be embarressed with it.

Then the massive meltdown over people comparing it to the band DOPE, him saying no one listens to DOPE so why would he copy them, to DOPE putting out a pretty classy and well written rebute that completely destroys him, to Robb then half back tracking/half still saying he's a metal God and DOPE are shit.

The guy's lost the plot. He did well to come back from being dumped by Roadrunner after 'Supercharger.' Sadly I don't forsee a second comeback.

adamkungl

Immortal
I've got the track list from his next opus "How many records have you sold, merkin?"

1 Do or Die 3:55
2 f**k da haterz 2:01
3 Everybody hates us and we dont care 19:48
4 Machine Head Rules 5:30
5 Fart sounds in C minor 8:43
6 Its the children who are wrong 6:55
7 So much adversity (instrumental) 7:12
8 Shoot all the politicians in the face 3:33

Walt Flanigan

Referee
"I don't give a f**k about your haters and your hate / You assholes better duck, I'm coming swinging out the gate / There's not a metal band I ain't influenced, now I'm calling out the judas / Every band's the f**king same."
"I don't give a f**k about your stupid little scene / Reaction videos and all your pussy little memes."
Sure this isn't Fred Durst?

It's a shame though, I used to really like Flynn. Obviously has some sort of degenerative brain disorder.

beave

Coach
now he’s got people to send in or hastag their version of that new shitbox song on instagram.......... I don’t know what’s more cringeworthy, the submissions or the original song itself.

I would go see them in Oz if they bring this current BME 25yr thing out but my god he/they are a f**king abortion these days.

Eelementary

Post Whore
But the lyrics
f**k

Not to mention infinitely less talented, on terms of writing lyrics, and rapping.

adamkungl

Immortal
Not to mention infinitely less talented, on terms of writing lyrics, and rapping.

Of course
Specifically referring to his mid life crisis meltdown albums haha

Just listened to it again
Utter tripe
Imagine having the ego to compare this self indulgent tripe to anything Pantera wrote

Eelementary

Post Whore
Of course
Specifically referring to his mid life crisis meltdown albums haha

Just listened to it again
Utter tripe
Imagine having the ego to compare this self indulgent tripe to anything Pantera wrote

Lol

Yeah, he's lost the plot completely.

Latest posts