What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tiger05

First Grade
I'm hearing the following rumours:
1. We have all but signed Lomax from Dragons
2. We are in conversations with Luke Thompson from ESL
3. Musgrove will be signed if he is found not guilty
4. Reynolds and Matterson both to the Titans as a trade (not sure what players for)
5. Matulino medical retirement looking likely to be approved

I hope you are right because these are all good moves. I'd love to keep Matterson but if we get Reynolds off our books it's a good deal.

Last edited:

Blocker Shaw

Juniors
4. Reynolds and Matterson both to the Titans as a trade (not sure what players for)

And this is based on what?

Something someone with connections to the club has told you or things you've read in various online forums?

axl rose

Bench
Souths already tried to get Thompson and St Helens knocked back a release (he still has a year to run on his contract)

Das Hassler

Bench
First question asked has to be..."are you up to the challenge of the toughest training regime in the NRL?.....if not then no point in going any further with anybody (regardless of their talent) while Madge is our coach. That's not a criticism of Madge

super_coach

First Grade

Do you believe in Santa?

No. You could be right. I think there is a sh.t lot of horse trading going on at present behind the scenes with plenty of clubs playing there cards close to their chests. When the first trade is done there is going to be a stampede and hopefully we are in the thick of it.

Ned Kelly

Juniors

I am hanging out for good news re Tigers signings for next year.
For the moment I will be happy for any rumors just to keep my hopes up.

I would be pretty happy if what you say turns out to be reality.

Hoofhearted

Juniors

Bulldogs CEO met with Thompson in England last week apparently, would be great if we could grab him because he is genuinely one of the best props on the planet.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Bulldogs CEO met with Thompson in England last week apparently, would be great if we could grab him because he is genuinely one of the best props on the planet.

He would by far be the best pickup for us but I don't see it happening.

Conversations could literally just be "interested in coming to Tigers?" "no" "well okay then"

macnaz

Staff member
:anguished: we were also one of if not the 1st clubs to speak with Burgess... and we know where that went.
Only way we get him is with major money as a transfer .. so unless we had a one in a million signing I'd suggest we will be watching him play elsewhere.

super_coach

First Grade
:anguished: we were also one of if not the 1st clubs to speak with Burgess... and we know where that went.
Only way we get him is with major money as a transfer .. so unless we had a one in a million signing I'd suggest we will be watching him play elsewhere.

If their is more than one club after Thomson’s services we will be the under bidder

super_coach

First Grade
Some guy who apparently is a jurno for the Campbelltown local rag, tweeted late yesterday all will be revealed soon but tigers have been bent over big time once again by the NRL.

My read on it is..Big Ben has had his retirement application knocked back. Might be right off the track but that sounds a likely explanation for the mystery tweet.

The NRL want us out of the Sydney market, so they will just keep kicking till it happens

Some guy who apparently is a jurno for the Campbelltown local rag, tweeted late yesterday all will be revealed soon but tigers have been bent over big time once again by the NRL.

My read on it is..Big Ben has had his retirement application knocked back. Might be right off the track but that sounds a likely explanation for the mystery tweet.

The NRL want us out of the Sydney market, so they will just keep kicking till it happens

doesn’t make sense, massive fan and fair sized membership base. 3 good home grounds.

A lot of our problems are caused by internal mismanagement. Takes a couple of years to straighten the ship. Especially after lyin Ivan.

Just need to be patient and hope Pascoe and Madge form a powerful chemistry. So far so good from q and a session.

Anyone do the NRL spank monkey survey ?

Yeah but it will not achieve anything. The only question I felt could possibly provide a genuine outcome is the question about golden point & draws in premiership round matches. All the others were just trying to get the feelers out for how people feel the game is being run without being able to provide their solutions.

Yeah but it will not achieve anything. The only question I felt could possibly provide a genuine outcome is the question about golden point & draws in premiership round matches. All the others were just trying to get the feelers out for how people feel the game is being run without being able to provide their solutions.

I smashed the nrl on those issues.

When millions of dollars and months of sacrifice are decided by an official making a mistake.