What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
This club is incapable of developing a younger player.
Lazy management to try to buy an older player with the skill set you may be looking at.
Another, as if we needed one, reason to punt the coach.
Of course we’re capable.. Look at Merrin - we developed him, set him free to gain outside experience, including international experience, and are now set to reap the benefits of our development pathways..

Merrin should be a case study for Aitken, if you ask me..

BLM01

First Grade
https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mo...744e-4d50-9058-564fde1c83a2?ocid=Social-NRLFS

NRL on Nine are reporting that we are interested in Merrin. I cannot believe that we are seriously considering a 30 year old jourmeyman nearing the end of his career. Another retirement gig for a player that has done bugger all lately.

What's wrong with Timm, the best forward in all of the reserve grade comp, being given a run?

This place is run by idiots
I would prefer Merrin than Timm as proven experience and hardened in 1st grade. I thought his year at the Panthers in 2018 was one of his better ones.
He is not past it.at 30..have a look at Soliola
But Merrin maybe not the worth he think he is is more to the point but at the right price a good buy.

Gareth67

First Grade
Lord forbid , would you believe that Bulldog officials are flying to the U.K. in the hope of signing Alex Whamsley - that’s the same Alex Whamsley that was reported to sign with the Dragons a few seasons back . Yet another Millward mess ! :chipmunk:

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Lord forbid , would you believe that Bulldog officials are flying to the U.K. in the hope of signing Alex Whamsley - that’s the same Alex Whamsley that was reported to sign with the Dragons a few seasons back . Yet another Millward mess ! :chipmunk:

The main target I believe is Luke Thompson, but, in saying that ain't the Bulldogs still under salary cap restrictions?

qld redvee

Juniors
merrin would give us more depth in the front row BUT will supercoach play him there Then what is his asking price ? if we havent got much $ left then how much is too much for merrin . when we have a lot of spaces in roster to fill. give him latimores money because thats who he will be replacing ..

BBTB

Juniors
merrin would give us more depth in the front row BUT will supercoach play him there Then what is his asking price ? if we havent got much $ left then how much is too much for merrin . when we have a lot of spaces in roster to fill. give him latimores money because thats who he will be replacing ..
Please, No more Latimore.....
He's a f**kn log...
Still trying to workout how we got stuck with him. Kept L.Timm out of the side.. What a :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:joke.. Another reason McGregor should get the boot.

Gareth67

First Grade
The main target I believe is Luke Thompson, but, in saying that ain't the Bulldogs still under salary cap restrictions?

That is what I believed also - as to the S.C. restrictions ? ?

Millward is over there too.

I am glad , hopefully he will sign a decent center or forward to fill in for J.D.B. - should that be needed .

Note ! Apologies gents as I am in and out of the house and very rarely have the opportunity to reply to posts that are sent to me until much later - excuse what may be taken as rudeness on my part .

BLM01

First Grade
Josh Kerr resigned 2 years, not a bad signing he’s quite good I think.
I rated him higher than Timm..not on stats or motor but on raw ptential ability under the right coach it can be tapped into and flourished as he can power through the line and be encouraged to look for an offload..his running style is good for a front rower.
Needs work on defence lateral movement but that is fitness and HPU stuff.
He goes hard early and burns out too quick

Dragonsamy

Bench
That is what I believed also - as to the S.C. restrictions ? ?

I am glad , hopefully he will sign a decent center or forward to fill in for J.D.B. - should that be needed .

Note ! Apologies gents as I am in and out of the house and very rarely have the opportunity to reply to posts that are sent to me until much later - excuse what may be taken as rudeness on my part .

Gareth you are one of the less offensive people on this forum

Dragonsamy

Bench
I rated him higher than Timm..not on stats or motor but on raw ptential ability under the right coach it can be tapped into and flourished as he can power through the line and be encouraged to look for an offload..his running style is good for a front rower.
Needs work on defence lateral movement but that is fitness and HPU stuff.
He goes hard early and burns out too quick

BLM01
Agree with what you have said re Kerr.
But I think he has improved in the second half of this season just completed , he has discovered more mongrel which is helped him greatly. If he continue to improve as much as he has this year he will be very handy. Has a little bit of pace as well.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Josh Kerr resigned 2 years, not a bad signing he’s quite good I think.

Don't want to be a pedant BUT- you left the hyphen out of re-sign- I thought he had gone at first glance. A couple of times last season he resembled a wild elephant charging at the opposition so if he can ramp up the aggression more often, he could be the impact forward we've been struggling to find.

BLM01

First Grade
BLM01
Agree with what you have said re Kerr.
But I think he has improved in the second half of this season just completed , he has discovered more mongrel which is helped him greatly. If he continue to improve as much as he has this year he will be very handy. Has a little bit of pace as well.
Look I fully understand the hype re Timm last year and his work ethic, metres gained and deserved a hit out with the top grade. But what i have seen of him he wont last in 1st grade in regards to his running style and bash and barge he has and did not excite me in defence. I agree he has got a good motor but he reminds me of a lot of props that run hard but will get smashed all the time in 1st grade and lose the impact. Blake lawrie is another but has more ability with theball and in defence to me.
Timm is an old fashiioned style of prop...the new breed need something else in regards to size and skill in 1st grade. Just my take.

Latest posts