What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Tommy Coco

Juniors
What does everyone think about Oates’ prospects moving to the back row. I thought he had signed for Brisbane earlier in the year

Soto

Bench
What does everyone think about Oates’ prospects moving to the back row. I thought he had signed for Brisbane earlier in the year
Probably a good idea as he won't have to bend down to pick up the grubber kicks...would be a good pick up but would he have the workrate to play in the backrow

emjaycee

Coach
Utility: Gutherson, Salmon (21), Smith (28)
Fullback: -
W/C: Blake, Ferguson, G. Jennings (27), Sivo (27)
Half: D.Brown (20), Moses
Hooker: Mahoney (22)
Edge forward: Lane (26), Niukore (24)
Tight forward: Alvaro, N.Brown, Campbell-Gillard, Evans (28), Kaufusi (21), Paulo, Terepo (29)

That's 19 officially contracted plus possibly all of these:

Davies
Dunster
Fainga'a
Mennings
Parry
Stone
Takairangi
Utoikamanu

That would add up to 27.

Flegg graduates go into the development list, eligible to play from July or whatever.

Your list of 8 is not accurate.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
We could probabaly do a lot worse than Oates as a back rower, he's not overly endowed with pace as most wingers used to be, he is tall and can take a high ball but he seems to be a bits and pieces player like Taka so he fills in a gap on the wing for the Donkeys.

I also read some dribble on a Fox Sports article on Bookface a few days ago that Matterson is now talking to 9 clubs. Its Fox so straight up I never believe them, so if you halve that it still seems like he is being a bit of a mercenary in chasing money from whom ever will pay him.

Surely if you want to better yourself and your opportunities you need to weed out certain clubs rather than just shop yourself around, if indeed that's what h is doing.

strider

Post Whore
I’d prefer Taka to Oates, and I don’t rate Taka. Oates would cost more and be a complete unknown as an edge forward. At least we know Taka is serviceable in the position.
Agree ... Taka was very very good in the period where he had to fill in while Fergo was out. Which surprised me as i thought he was in decline ... If we could find a way to get him to be at that level always he would be excellent

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Taka is better utility value, I agree, but currently he is unsigned.

We got less than 12 days to make up our mind.

Avenger

Immortal
Dylan Brown, Sivo and Michael Jennings to be announced by early next week. Taka has received an offer but is considering his options. Reading between the lines I think it may be dependent upon whether or not we get Matterson.

Is that your drum MJC? I’ve also been told that we are looking at a number of players at the Sharks and even a bad boy from St George. My source from there is impeccable. The Parra one not so much.