What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non-eels footy stuff

84 Baby

Referee
Did the CEO or whoever he is from TFH say the speech was 'embarrassing' and 'offensive'?
Could have easily said the on field performance was not upto standard and everyone would agree but abit of stage fright and the dude needs a paper bag to breath in to contain his anxiety???
They could have just said the Tits are embarrassing and offensive and no one would’ve batted an eyelid

T.S Quint

Coach
Isn't being on the receiving end of a king hit like not seeing the merkin coming?
Why would you hit someone who's not expecting it. That's poor form.

Because there’s much less chance of them hitting you back.

Ever been punched in the face? It’s not much fun.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Has anyone read the Art of War? All the advice in there is a variation of punch-them-before-they-punch-you-preferably-when-they're-not-ready-for-it. Sure it's dishonourable and cowardly and whatever but the point is it's effective if your goal is just to win.

Has anyone read the Art of War? All the advice in there is a variation of punch-them-before-they-punch-you-preferably-when-they're-not-ready-for-it. Sure it's dishonourable and cowardly and whatever but the point is it's effective if your goal is just to win.
Bellamy makes everybody associated with the Storm read this

Gronk

Staff member
This Nelson thing has split opinions.

A reminder: Jock Palfreeman is in the news as the merkin who stepped in to defend a mate and killed the attacker. He has spent 11 years in a Bulgarian jail and they are trying to revoke his parole.

Yet merkins are still speaking through their testosterone and saying that Nelson did the right thing.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Bulgaria is corrupt though, there seems to be a lot of doubt over his guilt yet NAS was caught on a video

Gronk

Staff member
Bulgaria is corrupt though, there seems to be a lot of doubt over his guilt yet NAS was caught on a video
There is a video for the Bulgaria dude too. Scenario was that he came across a guy getting beat up. So he stepped in and knocked a guy out who died.

PS Everyone in jail is innocent.

TheParraboy

Staff member

yeah, nah

How do you become a millionaire in China?

Start of as a billionaire...

TheParraboy

Staff member
Just on Fox sports live news

Nelson is escaping ban and free to play in the season ahead, waiting to hear from the NRL if there will be any sanctions. I guess that may mean he might miss out of these up coming internationals?

Gronk

Staff member
Not exactly a wet lettuce. I'd say a wet fish.

tenor.gif

Suitman

Post Whore
Nelson suspended for 3 matches and 15k fine

fine to play rd 1 next year

source - Fox Sports live news

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/n...l/news-story/0d3edc932d3c65054cab5a7ba56585b5

The NRL integrity unit has reportedly cleared Storm star Nelson Asofa-Solomona for the first round of the NRL season.
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/nrl...ch-ban-for-bali-incident-20191018-p53215.html

The 200cm giant will be rubbed out for New Zealand's three Test matches in the coming weeks, while he was also given a suspended $15,000 fine.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the understanding that all international matches were under the control of the International RL Board, or whoever the governing body is.
What jurisdiction does the NRL have over international matches, if any, and do they have the power to ban someone from playing internationals??

Noise

Coach
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the understanding that all international matches were under the control of the International RL Board, or whoever the governing body is.
What jurisdiction does the NRL have over international matches, if any, and do they have the power to ban someone from playing internationals??
Pretty sure these days there is an agreement that all suspensions carry over. Even if you get suspended in the NRL for 12 weeks they will enforce it in the super league too.

Suitman

Post Whore
Pretty sure these days there is an agreement that all suspensions carry over. Even if you get suspended in the NRL for 12 weeks they will enforce it in the super league too.

Ok. That sounds reasonable.
Particularly convenient for the Storm, though that's no f**king surprise.