What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Peter Quinn

Juniors

Eden Gebbie’s highlights for anyone who hasn’t seen them. I think I would like to see Doueihi or Johnston get first crack but I’d love to see this guy debut on the wing.
Absolutely sensational player. If he handles the rise, he will be better than Tedesco. I've never in my life seen any fullback that gifted. He has the World in his hands. Do a bit extra work at training and put in all the hard yards would be my advice to him.Extra work pays off on the field.

GloryGlory

Juniors
Steve Marsters looks alright in the 9's

I agree Marsters played strongly against Tonga and should prove solid backup for 2020

Looking at our backs for 2020 I would be very surprised if Dane Gagai isnt released

upload_2019-10-18_20-56-54.png
Unless Bennett wants to use Doueihi in the utility bench role (which I think will actually be filled by Lowe/Sironen/Johns) there really is no place for Gagai in first grade and no point in having him at $700K in reserves with a full roster plus Paulo there. We need forwards and the cap space would get us a cheapie back-up centre and a solid forward

Peter Quinn

Juniors
I agree Marsters played strongly against Tonga and should prove solid backup for 2020

Looking at our backs for 2020 I would be very surprised if Dane Gagai isnt released

View attachment 33747
Unless Bennett wants to use Doueihi in the utility bench role (which I think will actually be filled by Lowe/Sironen/Johns) there really is no place for Gagai in first grade and no point in having him at $700K in reserves with a full roster plus Paulo there. We need forwards and the cap space would get us a cheapie back-up centre and a solid forward
Could end up like that. I'd certainly give Gebbie a crack at FB. I think that's why Bennett asked for him.

Travitoh

First Grade

View attachment 33747

We'll learn in the next few weeks how true the French rugby rumours were.

GloryGlory

Juniors
I'll wait until i see Gebbie play first grade before i get excited.

Has some potential in the 1 and 2 position but honestly didnt look that amazing against an average USA team in a format where space was easy to come by. Looking at his body shape and speed though I dont think FB is his spot, he could be our Sivo with a proper pre-season

Peter Quinn

Juniors
Has some potential in the 1 and 2 position but honestly didnt look that amazing against an average USA team in a format where space was easy to come by. Looking at his body shape and speed though I dont think FB is his spot, he could be our Sivo with a proper pre-season
Go on to the rabbitohs app and look for Bennett's speech on this year. Fast forward it and you will find Gebbies games at fullback in Queensland and for PNG.

Crowe

Juniors
Absolutely sensational player. If he handles the rise, he will be better than Tedesco. I've never in my life seen any fullback that gifted. He has the World in his hands. Do a bit extra work at training and put in all the hard yards would be my advice to him.Extra work pays off on the field.

Better than Tedesco? I have heard it all now. Let him see play some a first grade game first. He has been purchased to replace Hiroti.
How long before the Alex Johnson rumours start up again about him wanting out to play fullback? It feels like it happens every offseason :/

Peter Quinn

Juniors
Better than Tedesco? I have heard it all now. Let him see play some a first grade game first. He has been purchased to replace Hiroti.
How long before the Alex Johnson rumours start up again about him wanting out to play fullback? It feels like it happens every offseason :/
Im not saying better than Teddy now. If he can handle first grade, he could be better.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
Are they rumours? I recall Bennett answering questions about it.

Travitoh

First Grade
And I don't remember Tedesco tearing up the turf and carving teams up like this bloke did in lower grades. In fact, comparing the early days of the two, who looks better?

I'd have to lean towards Tedesco considering he was an Origin rep at 24.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
I'd have to lean towards Tedesco considering he was an Origin rep at 24.
I agree. That's not what I'm saying anyway. Crowe misunderstood what I said. I was saying if this bloke carries his Queensland cup form into first grade, he could end up better than Tedesco. If you watch his performances on the rabbitohs app, you will see form that Tedesco never showed in the juniors or at West's Tigers. But he did take his game up a notch at the Roosters. Gebbie hasn't had the chance yet. But from what I've seen in corresponding early games from both players, Gebbie looks better.

Last edited:

Peter Quinn

Juniors

View attachment 33747
There are some good players in right column, that I wouldn't be at all surprised if they were transferred over to the left. And I'm of the belief there are some more coming to join our squad soon and in a year's time.

LittleWayne

Juniors
When he first started. And he played centre in early rep games like city v country.

John Sutton filling in for a dozen games at centre while he's still a teenager is a bit different.

I'd say as second rowers their the complete opposite in style. Matterson would be the ideal Sutton replacement.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
John Sutton filling in for a dozen games at centre while he's still a teenager is a bit different.

I'd say as second rowers their the complete opposite in style. Matterson would be the ideal Sutton replacement.
Matterson is only interested in money and for me, you cannot be loyal to a club if money is your first choice. Wests gave him a big rise in pay and he's really done nothing to deserve another pay rise. Some people might disagree and that's fine. All I ask is for them to explain to me exactly what it is he's done to deserve more money.