What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

Saint Doc

Coach
Just over 64,000 in the ESL Grand Final

Poor crowd, but not surprising since such a small time club like Salford made it, who are lucky to average 2.5-3k.

Saw a tweet saying there must be “at least” 14,000 Salford fans at the game! The Grand Final is in their home city.

I think if Leeds/Wigan/Hull etc made it they would have gotten more like 74k like usual

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Off topic, however reminiscing on last week and the unbelievable very pro-Canberra crowd. Have a look at these two videos, the first from level four, Raiders side. The second from level one right next to the Roosters bays. Good watch.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Poor crowd, but not surprising since such a small time club like Salford made it, who are lucky to average 2.5-3k.

Saw a tweet saying there must be “at least” 14,000 Salford fans at the game! The Grand Final is in their home city.

I think if Leeds/Wigan/Hull etc made it they would have gotten more like 74k like usual

needed to give tickets away like nrl?

taipan

Referee
My gut feeling is Foxtel wanted the Friday night start ,like their 6pm NRL one.
Either that or the NRL admin, is so bleeding dumb ,not to realise Friday night start for events like this, people are not going to get there in numbers.
The good old days when we had teh world 7as over aSaturday and Sunday ,the crowds were far greater.Interesting to see the crowds tomorrow.You'd want 25K to make up for tonight's poor crowd.

franklin2323

Immortal
My gut feeling is Foxtel wanted the Friday night start ,like their 6pm NRL one.
Either that or the NRL admin, is so bleeding dumb ,not to realise Friday night start for events like this, people are not going to get there in numbers.
The good old days when we had teh world 7as over aSaturday and Sunday ,the crowds were far greater.Interesting to see the crowds tomorrow.You'd want 25K to make up for tonight's poor crowd.

Yeah weird to be on Friday and Sat

Perth Red

Post Whore
When I played American football in uk in 80’s when the nfl was at Wembley they used to give jnr clubs free tickets in one stand and asked the players to wear their jerseys. Made for a great sight with thousands of kids in their club colours. Nrl should have done same for this with nsw jnr clubs. Could have filled one end with kids in their colours. Bette Better than a 2/3 empty stadium

T-Boon

Coach
It is the wrong time of the year for this. People have been over League for at least a month. Nines should be a club, mid season thing when the NRL goes into hibernation for 4 weeks while state of origin is on. The NRL season should be 18-20 rounds. The NRL GF on the October long weekend should be the last game of RL played in the country.
10 rounds - then
4 week NRL hibernation with Origin and club nines; then
10 rounds; then
finals

It is the wrong time of the year for this. People have been over League for at least a month. Nines should be a club, mid season thing when the NRL goes into hibernation for 4 weeks while state of origin is on. The NRL season should be 18-20 rounds. The NRL GF on the October long weekend should be the last game of RL played in the country.
10 rounds - then
4 week NRL hibernation with Origin and club nines; then
10 rounds; then
finals
Oh dear .