What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RU World Cup

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Adding Japan should be a no-brainer, they’ll get good home crowds and way more travelling support from Aus and NZ as there are plenty of cheap flights and it’s practically the same time zone. The Saffers will hate it though because of the distance for them. Will probably have to bite the bullet though and drop to each team playing the other once though. NZ and Aus will no doubt play 1-2 extra standalone Bledisloe games anyway. And as others have said in this thread it might be time to reconsider the future of Super Rugby and look at replacing it with some sort of championship between the top teams from each national league instead.

The relaity is we need a sixth team too, but right now there just isn't a union with a domestic league strong enough to fill that void. Fiji would be the logical choice, but their players play in Europe and as such will be difficult to get released outside of their international window. The trick would be enticing them to remain in Australasia/Japan.

shiznit

Coach
Squeaky bum time now...

Tonight:
England v Australia
All Blacks v Ireland

Tomorrow:
Wales v France
South Africa v Japan

Great games...

I reckon Ireland could knock us off tonight.

t-ba

Post Whore
So seriously can they just blow time off when scrums are happening? How much game time is being lost to endless resets?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
The ABs did an absolute number on Ireland. England will have to lift another level to get close to us in the semi.

JJ

Immortal
The ABs did an absolute number on Ireland. England will have to lift another level to get close to us in the semi.
Yep. But the English are our biggest danger imo. They present different challenges and could be more difficult

We could do the same to them but it could be very close. Some immense humans in their team and a crafty coach

shiznit

Coach
All Blacks vs England semi final.

So no doubt the English media will spend the week talking about how the All Blacks cheat and probably how the Haka should be banned...

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
pfftt England they only take soccer seriously and are shyte at it.

NZ will eat them as appertisers.

I got $1.4, had to shop around.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Yep. But the English are our biggest danger imo. They present different challenges and could be more difficult

We could do the same to them but it could be very close. Some immense humans in their team and a crafty coach

Jones is the bit that probably scares me the most. We’ll want to work their big men around the park and not get into a slugfest. Unlike Australia though we’re not dumb enough to keep trying to run it out of our own end, I can see Mounga, Smith and Barrett constantly kicking behind them and forcing them to turn. Their fullback is a weakness too he’s slow and an ordinary defender. Our outside backs will have noted it.

shiznit

Coach
Is Michael Cheika the biggest sook in rugby union?
Up there I reckon...

it’s a shame as he’s a decent rugby coach. Had success in Super Rugby and also over in Europe so obviously has experience coaching and succeeding in both styles.

Unfortunately for him he’s been coaching year in and year out against one of the most dominant teams in Rugby on probably one of the most dominant runs in Rugby history.

Latest posts