What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: 2019 Rugby Union World cup

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
couldn't believe the amount of support for Rugby in our area, pub was full, then I realized a lot of the support was for when the poms scored, f**king soap dodgers

that result sucked, luckily my dinner reservation was ready at half time so I didn't have to watch the second half

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
NZ take union seriously and win.

Aus take League seriously and win.

England take soccer seriously and Brazil whoop them.

TheParraboy

Staff member
as shit as the wallabies are and how good the Kangaroos are , Union kills league at international level in popularity

where league runs supreme at domestic level

TheParraboy

Staff member
The quarter finals continue

Currently on France v Wales - Wales should be too good

Later tonight Japan v SA, can the Cherry Blossoms repeat their 2015 heroics over the Springboks?
Atmosphere will be a bit like Parra v Drongos in our own backyard

TheParraboy

Staff member
red card and the no 5 frenchman is off

they don't muck around in union like they do in league

Incorrect

Coach
The quarter finals continue

Currently on France v Wales - Wales should be too good
Bloody hell, the French are perennial party poopers. It feels like every world cup they're never talked about in the lead up, and if they are it's to write them off, yet they seem to be able lift and blow things wide open... 6 up with around 5 to play. If they get close enough surely a field goal ices it...

EDIT - And Wales just might have got home after all as I typed the above....

84 Baby

Referee
as shit as the wallabies are and how good the Kangaroos are , Union kills league at international level in popularity

where league runs supreme at domestic level
Other than soccer, is there any sport that has popularity in both domestic and international competitions?

Bazal

Post Whore
Other than soccer, is there any sport that has popularity in both domestic and international competitions?

Cricket?

Depending how you count domestic competitions....IPL etc. Of course India biases the stats

84 Baby

Referee
Cricket?

Depending how you count domestic competitions....IPL etc. Of course India biases the stats
That was really the only other possibility I thought maybe (golf too but only if you count Pres Cup as international). Does the domestic comp have comparable popularity to internationals though? Certainly in India probably but I reckon there’s a pretty drastic drop off everywhere else.
Anyway it was just a thought. Interesting to find out why it’s usually one or the other

Bazal

Post Whore
Geez, given the way rugby treats spear tackles the bigfella is very lucky that's not a red