What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 championship & league one..

taste2taste

Juniors
If Toronto can't get SBW as their 'Beckham' the only other player I can think of is Owen Farrell.
Not sure how much he gets paid in Union but it doesn't seem like money is a problem for the Wolfpack owners.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
I really think the NFL rejects need a sport like Rugby League to fill the void of having no Gridiron pro/semi pro leagues.
What’s stopping a rich and well run NRL holding trials/training camps for college football rejects held all over the US?

You could have trials/camps in say Philadelphia for the north east. Chicago for the Midwest. LA for the west coast. Dallas for the south west and Jacksonville for the south east.

You could also make a TV series out of it. The media exposure alone would make it worthwhile. Potential tryouts could be sourced by the NRL contacting various college and university campuses with the upcoming said trials/camps.

deluded pom?

Coach
American Footballers are conditioned to play in short bursts. Very few, if any, would be able to play RL from a fitness point of view without a complete change to their fitness training. I’m not saying AF players aren’t fit, it’s just a different kind of fitness to play RL.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
American Footballers are conditioned to play in short bursts. Very few, if any, would be able to play RL from a fitness point of view without a complete change to their fitness training. I’m not saying AF players aren’t fit, it’s just a different kind of fitness to play RL.
Sure but you’d think that any player that shows potential could easily transition over 12-18 months surely?

deluded pom?

Coach
Sure but you’d think that any player that shows potential could easily transition over 12-18 months surely?
Transition into what though? I assume you mean ex college players who would be around twenty years of age. They aren’t going to be playing anything other than basic RL 18 months later. They would struggle tactically and positionally IMO. Who is going to take the time, effort and money to attempt to develop adults into RL players?

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Transition into what though? I assume you mean ex college players who would be around twenty years of age. They aren’t going to be playing anything other than basic RL 18 months later. They would struggle tactically and positionally IMO. Who is going to take the time, effort and money to attempt to develop adults into RL players?
In an ideal situation their would be decent domestic competitions played below the Wolfpack, Ottawa and New York for these players to play in.