What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Douglas story

Inferno

Coach
Weren't there personal reasons why Dougie wanted out of the shire?

Both he and Kade left on the verge of SOO selection. I remember thinking they'd be 8 and 10 for the blues for a long time.

Neither got any better after they left.

I remember he got sent off in that Manly game, I think. Another bulldust ref decision and we lost the game. I was livid at the time
Tough times when he was around but he always gave his all.
It's one of the Kayo classic games.
Well the 20 min version. I can't bring myself to watch it as I was so pissed off i can still recall the feelings too easily.

AJB1102

First Grade
Went from being on the cusp of playing Origin to the bench for the f**king Titans. Felt a little unloved and made an emotional decision. Silly lad bit his nose off to spite his face.

chewsta

First Grade
I was devo losing Dougy too. I vaguely remember something about him splitting with his partner and was struggling off field. So he left with full blessings from the Sharks.

(It was a while back so I may be thinking of someone else)

I was devo losing Dougy too. I vaguely remember something about him splitting with his partner and was struggling off field. So he left with full blessings from the Sharks.

(It was a while back so I may be thinking of someone else)
It was him mate.
After he also had the tragedy of his mother having a stroke on a flight caused by melanoma. She dies not long after. His mother was a wonderful worker for the Sharks as well.

chewsta

First Grade
It was him mate.
After he also had the tragedy of his mother having a stroke on a flight caused by melanoma. She dies not long after. His mother was a wonderful worker for the Sharks as well.

That's right, I remember talk in here of his mother having a lot to do with the club.
I wasnt aware of her passing though. That's a real shame. Poor bugger.

Correct.
The club just thought he would stay and put all the effort in Snowden.
I remember hearing Douglas hadn't told our officials when the news broke.
Honestly, I thought we would never bounce back when he left then eventually Kade left.

Got Andrew Fifita and Gibbs that off-season
Worked Out for the best