What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Stevie

Bench
Lots of stuff on FB ppl claiming Crighton will be announced Nov 1. I do t know why but I’ve just never found him great. Of course he is a premiership winner and top 17 but certainly not a marquee player.
The staff know a lot more than me though and hope he works well but I was really hoping for a strike backrower such as a Frizelle or Fafita.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Lots of stuff on FB ppl claiming Crighton will be announced Nov 1. I do t know why but I’ve just never found him great. Of course he is a premiership winner and top 17 but certainly not a marquee player.
The staff know a lot more than me though and hope he works well but I was really hoping for a strike backrower such as a Frizelle or Fafita.
Agree, he’s a good player and would add to the team I just see the big wrap in him. Hopefully the Goosters are paying some of his wages because he is on big coin.

Agree, he’s a good player and would add to the team I just see the big wrap in him. Hopefully the Goosters are paying some of his wages because he is on big coin.

There'd be little doubt that the Roosters would be paying some....looks like they are looking to free up space.

He's not my favourite either. But he does have plenty of upside I guess. He's only 23 and has played 80 NRL games.

Incorrect

Coach
There'd be little doubt that the Roosters would be paying some....looks like they are looking to free up space.

He's not my favourite either. But he does have plenty of upside I guess. He's only 23 and has played 80 NRL games.
He had a slightly down 2019 for sure, but he is still so young and I think could turn out to be a great signing. Between Frizzel, Arrow, Fifita and Crichton, I would be happy with any of them, probably Fifita would be the most desirable but I think Crichton could still yet turn in to the player the Chooks also thought he could be when they signed him. If it happens, I'd be happy with it...

strider

Post Whore
I thought Crichton was very good for the latter part of the year .... i wouldnt be disappointed if we signed him

Obvious preference would be Fifita but there is bucklies he would leave brisbane

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Agreed, we could do worse. Especially if the Roosters are tipping in some cash.

I thought Crichton was very good for the latter part of the year .... i wouldnt be disappointed if we signed him

Obvious preference would be Fifita but there is bucklies he would leave brisbane

Yeh, I think it would be much more likely that Crichton would be available at a sensible price. If we could just get Rimmer and the Cat we'd be set.

Noise

Coach
That absolutely makes no sense. Im scratching my head on how that works lol
I think he’s saying that he’d prefer Mau for one year but as that was unlikely a 3 year deal for the younger Crichton is better than going a year too long (2nd year) for Mau

Bandwagon

Staff member
I think he’s saying that he’d prefer Mau for one year but as that was unlikely a 3 year deal for the younger Crichton is better than going a year too long (2nd year) for Mau

Yeah I thought that was pretty obvious?

Happy MEel

First Grade
He had a slightly down 2019 for sure, but he is still so young and I think could turn out to be a great signing. Between Frizzel, Arrow, Fifita and Crichton, I would be happy with any of them, probably Fifita would be the most desirable but I think Crichton could still yet turn in to the player the Chooks also thought he could be when they signed him. If it happens, I'd be happy with it...
He was definitely down on form for most of the year but I thought he had a pretty strong end to the season. If he can keep that up he will be an astute signing.

Last edited:

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
I’m pretty surprised some people aren’t excited about Crichton. For mine, he’s exactly what we are needing. His best years are likely ahead of him and his defence is fantastic. Would fit in under BA’s no dickhead policy.

I’d take him over Matterson any day. Plus, seeing as though we’ve signed our first double barrelled surname, it’s about time we signed out first 9 digit player as well :)

Last edited:

Latest posts