What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

getsmarty

Immortal
sack-mc-jpg.33219

received_533308900757343-jpeg.32895

red-v-sack-jpg.32760

The Sack Mary thread regrets to advise that due to the increasing demand for fester clocks and tshirts, prices will have to rise by 70%.

Regrettably the fester tribute collection as signed by @Gareth67 is sold out for this Christmas, but we are confident of news stocks about 85 minutes from Xmas Eve 2020.

We are pleased to announce the impending production of fail Mary signs that can be folded into a jockstrap and then expand via the use of airbag technology when ready for hill exposition.

Sack Mary pty Ltd does not recommend the use of these signs for intimate purposes or take responsibility for the flogging, handcuffing, assault and arrest of fans exercising free speech during matches.

The painter...beautiful, will sell out in hours.

Mary and surrealism, this is all a bad dream.

You may just get up at Christmas and Wayne is back, a new board installed and bj has scored a new job cleaning the ground after matches. He says he’s sold his house and given half of it to dragon rescue.

Ponga and Payne are snared to play on half their current contracts.

Widdop returns as he’s homesick.

Dufty is traded for dwz and jimmy the jet at the same time.

Hunt undergoes therapy for post origin depression and is giving lectures on self-belief.

Then you actually wake up and find Mary dressed as Santa and a few rogue elves ( in those fashionable court jester training uniforms) ransacking your loungeroom.

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
The Sack Mary thread regrets to advise that due to the increasing demand for fester clocks and tshirts, prices will have to rise by 70%.

Regrettably the fester tribute collection as signed by @Gareth67 is sold out for this Christmas, but we are confident of news stocks about 85 minutes from Xmas Eve 2020.

We are pleased to announce the impending production of fail Mary signs that can be folded into a jockstrap and then expand via the use of airbag technology when ready for hill exposition.

Sack Mary pty Ltd does not recommend the use of these signs for intimate purposes or take responsibility for the flogging, handcuffing, assault and arrest of fans exercising free speech during matches.

“ Not happy Jan ! “ I am still waiting for my 25% of the cut , you can make the cheque out to Cecil Hogshat - c/o Kandos Hotel .

“ Not happy Jan ! “ I am still waiting for my 25% of the cut , you can make the cheque out to Cecil Hogshat - c/o Kandos Hotel .

542AC218-5BEC-4AEC-807C-3952749AB5F8.jpeg
There’s been a lot of people using Marycard and AfterMary paying by instalments. The payments come and then disappear with 70% deduction for the financial services not rendered.

Dont you worry, unlike bj I pay legitimate claims and I won’t deny your motor accident claim because your wiper reservoir was only half full. This is even where you were totalled by Mary driving the Sgi bus. Donna or something, it’s got some pet name. As I’m not sgi, I don’t know these state secrets!

Which reminds me, ivan Cleary wasn’t included on the passenger manifest. I’m sure he said he was on the bus. We will never ever let him forget that gaff!

However, according to Roy masters, there were plenty of players on the bus waving their little red jdb law book manifestos. He’s innocent on account that we need him on the field. Well done boys, but let’s hope and pray he’s innocent on actual evidence and by law. I mean that too.

I can’t remember the poster, but it was a good point that Mary could have used jdb for inspiration for the players. Instead the issue manifested itself in a new legal consciousness for nrl players. Rights and entitlements. It’s ok for them.

But it’s Fester for festivus for the rest of us!

There is no Christmas with Mary remaining as coach of sgi. Tell the family tonight. Sorry kids, Christmas is effing ( hey jimmy, stop whacking your little sister!) cancelled.

Thanks bj, thanks Mary, thanks sgi board.

So long as this evilness pervades your beloved club, may the cricket season never end.

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
View attachment 33697
There’s been a lot of people using Marycard and AfterMary paying by instalments. The payments come and then disappear with 70% deduction for the financial services not rendered.

Dont you worry, unlike bj I pay legitimate claims and I won’t deny your motor accident claim because your wiper reservoir was only half full. This is even where you were totalled by Mary driving the Sgi bus. Donna or something, it’s got some pet name. As I’m not sgi, I don’t know these state secrets!

Which reminds me, ivan Cleary wasn’t included on the passenger manifest. I’m sure he said he was on the bus. We will never ever let him forget that gaff!

However, according to Roy masters, there were plenty of players on the bus waving their little red jdb law book manifestos. He’s innocent on account that we need him on the field. Well done boys, but let’s hope and pray he’s innocent on actual evidence and by law. I mean that too.

I can’t remember the poster, but it was a good point that Mary could have used jdb for inspiration for the players. Instead the issue manifested itself in a new legal consciousness for nrl players. Rights and entitlements. It’s ok for them.

But it’s Fester for festivus for the rest of us!

There is no Christmas with Mary remaining as coach of sgi. Tell the family tonight. Sorry kids, Christmas is effing ( hey jimmy, stop whacking your little sister!) cancelled.

Thanks bj, thanks Mary, thanks sgi board.

So long as this evilness pervades your beloved club, may the cricket season never end.
I'll ask again....are you sure you are a Tiger and not a Dragon supporter and if so,
are you that interested so much as you are for the Dragons forum for all the other teams forums too?
Just asking!...free country and freedom of speech and all that...continue...but the mind boggles what you would come up with on your own Tigers forum

getsmarty

Immortal
1gp_6218-copy.jpg

NINES

Brought to you by

Widdop hoping World Cup 9s provides happy ending to 'disaster' year
Author
Troy Whittaker NRL.com Reporter
Timestamp
Fri 18 Oct 2019, 11:01 AM

Gareth Widdop declared St George Illawarra's season a "disaster" but the England star can still end a long Australian stint in style at the Downer World Cup 9s.

After a decade in the NRL, the five-eighth will go home and join Warrington in the Super League on a three-year deal.

Unless the 30-year-old returns to the NRL in his career twilight or comes Down Under on international or World Club Challenge duty, the Nines will mark his final games on Australian soil.

"I probably haven't looked at it that way. It's been chaos the last couple of weeks and then straight into camp," Widdop told NRL.com before the tournament at Bankwest Stadium on Friday and Saturday.

"I've been here for 10, 11 years now and it is a beautiful country. I hope to be back here to live at some point. I'm looking forward to my next adventure and I'll miss this weather, I know that.

"My wife and my kids are all Australian, so I plan to head overseas for a couple of years and come back here one day. When that'll be, I'm not sure."

Widdop was denied a perfect finish at the Dragons; he underwent shoulder surgery after a bad dislocation in round three and the club's finals chances were all but dashed once he returned.

Why you shouldn't miss the World Cup 9s

However, the goal-kicking playmaker - who is St George Illawarra's second-highest all-time point-scorer - believes the side is stronger than when he arrived before the 2014 campaign.

"The club's come a long way since then. Certainly the last few years we improved a hell of a lot," he said.

"We planned to win trophies and we haven't managed to do that but I'd certainly like to think I've contributed a little bit in improving the club.

"Obviously this year was a disaster, I guess. Injuries, off-field [incidents] - all sorts of little things that you can never write in a fairytale ending. Sometimes that's just life, it throws curve balls.

"It was very hard to take and disappointing to finish on that note but I'd like to think I've given my everything for the last six years."

Aside from a premiership ring to match the one he claimed with Melbourne in 2012, another thing that eluded Widdop at the Dragons was experiencing the NRL Nines, which ran from 2014 to '17.

He's not exactly sure what to expect in the World Cup 9s but is honoured as ever to be representing England.

Why Bennett wants long-term future for Nines

"Usually I missed out [on the NRL Auckland Nines] because I came back late from pre-season and did a bit more training rather than playing," Widdop said.

"I'm looking forward to it. It's a bit of a different concept and obviously to do it for your country is a big occasion. It should be fun.

"We've obviously picked a good squad. A lot of players with a lot of skill and good running games. I'm just excited to be a part of the team again and get away with the boys.

"There's plenty of people in this competition who are dangerous, a lot of talent on show. It should be a good spectacle."

For ticket and travel packages for the Downer Rugby League World Cup 9s Sydney 2019, head to nrl.com/tickets.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/10/18...up-9s-provides-happy-ending-to-disaster-year/

getsmarty

Immortal
Why Shane Flanagan will give the Dragons exactly what they need
Dragons
  • October 18, 2019 12:00am
  • by George Clarke
  • Source: FOX SPORTS
377056197a462924df74a8e764d211eb

Former Sharks coach Shane Flanagan has landed a job at the Dragons.Source: News Corp Australia
Cronulla prop Andrew Fifita is delighted to see Shane Flanagan back in coaching - even if it is with rivals St George Illawarra.

The Tonga international was a star of the Sharks side under Flanagan, which won the 2016 Grand Final.

Flanagan was set to coach the Sharks this year until an NRL investigation saw him deregistered indefinitely after it emerged he had been in contact with club officials during a year-long ban enforced in the wake of the club’s ASADA scandal.

Less than a year later and Flanagan has been allowed to return to coaching - albeit as an assistant with the Dragons - and Fifita says he’s happy that his former mentor is back doing what he does best.

967f1c81ae5fa12ed59067a2d7639419

former Cronulla coach Shane Flanagan points at Andrew Fifita after winning the 2016 grand final.Source: News Corp Australia
“I’m stoked for him,” Fifita told foxsports.com.au.

“He always has a special place in my heart.

“You talk about the premiership and what he did for me growing up. He’s been there for almost my whole career until this year, I gave him my Dally M trophy - that’s how much he means to me. It’s good for him.

“There’s too much respect when you talk about Shane Flanagan.

“It’s good to see him back. I wish it was our team, but he’s down the road at our local team. I’ll always hold him in the highest regards.”

The much-fancied Dragons slumped to 15th this year, prompting a review into the coaching of Paul McGregor.

Now, with the experience of Flanagan by his side, Fifita is predicting the Red V will be a force in 2020.

“He’s a really good coach. You can’t credit him enough,” Fifita said, before laughing: “Now he’s gone back to assistant - I think he’ll be trying to push for control down there anyway.

“I know Flanno and how he works and what he brings to the team. I think he’ll have the Dragons boys humming down there.”

750923_640x360_large_20191015125354.jpg

'I'd never leave my mate'

Fifita will be part of the Tonga side in the World Cup Nines and is relishing the chance to play in the shortened format.

There is one downside, however, he won’t get to play with brother David.

“I said to Jason (Taumalolo) we’ll take our forwards jerseys off and become the halfbacks,” Fifita said.

“I wish my brother was here because he’d love it too. I’ve seen some of the tries he’s been scoring (in England with Wakefield) and I’ve been like: ‘nah you shouldn’t be scoring tries, making 60m breaks down the touchline and kicking like that’.

“He says: ‘Eats pies scores tries’, he’s got that slogan from me when I was Cronulla’s top tryscorer one year. I can’t wait, Nines is my type of football.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/f1ead9f0ca2e54a181582ff4d35ac54e

Latest posts