What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Bazal

Post Whore
Does it go both ways though?

Like, if we all chip in for Hindy111's salary, do you reckon the Panthers will take him full time?

hindy111

Post Whore
Matterson just turned 25 and has a skill set that could make him potentially a very unique forward. Jason Smith style. His ceiling is higher then Crightons I reckon.
Crighton I feel is a safer bet. A genuine 7.5/10. Matterson could be a 6 but potential to be a 9.

parra pete

Referee
David Fifita would be a better signing now, than what Jason Taumalolo was when he signed 10 years with the Cowboys.
The kid in 19...and has it all..A WRECKING BALL...As for him being Buckleys to leave Brisbane.....money talks, kids listen.

Bandwagon

Staff member
David Fifita would be a better signing now, than what Jason Taumalolo was when he signed 10 years with the Cowboys.
The kid in 19...and has it all..A WRECKING BALL...As for him being Buckleys to leave Brisbane.....money talks, kids listen.

Fifita's the kind of player the Broncos will not lose, and near any other club would get done for cheating the cap over.

hindy111

Post Whore
We need to work out why we can't develop some good forwards ourself.
We have produced a lot more juniors of late and Brown and Mahoney look promising but the rest have been just big average first graders.

Gronk

Staff member
We need to work out why we can't develop some good forwards ourself.
We have produced a lot more juniors of late and Brown and Mahoney look promising but the rest have been just big average first graders.
Breaking: Once in a generation players only come around once in a generation.

hindy111

Post Whore
Breaking: Once in a generation players only come around once in a generation.

I'd be happy with producing guys like Jnr Paulo level. Better then average but not origin level. Like Gutherson or Lane for example.

We seem to have very little bar below average squad fillers. Brown and Mahoney may be the exceptions of late. Perhaps Matterson we can count but like Jnr we let go and would be paying premium to get them back.

Guys like Terepo or Moera are hardly much to be excited about.Oh we did have Mitch Allgood and 5yrs of pain with Mannah clogging down our forwards. Name 3 quality forwards we have produced in the last 15 years who would be even mentioned for origin?
Must we go back to Hindmarsh in 1999 debut. 20yrs ago. Embarrassing for a club like ours.
Something is not right if we dont have atleast 4 forwards in our side that have come via our system. Next season I only see JNR and reason why I wont get excited about Kafusi or Stefano just yet. We seem unable to develop forwards or backs of any quality in the last 15yrs. An I the only one who can see this? Something has to be done at junior level cause it seems the guys in charge are not getting the job done.
The hyped up backs of Dunster,Parry,FabianGoodal,Akafalou,Lavaka,Tui Aufalo just to name a few who people rated that come to mind. Barely NSW cup level.

Last edited:
Guys like Terepo or Moera are hardly much to be excited about.Oh we did have Mitch Allgood and 5yrs of pain with Mannah clogging down our forwards. Name 3 quality forwards we have produced in the last 15 years who would be even mentioned for origin?

Well, Mannah actually played Origin (4 times). We developed Matterson, he got mentioned. While nobody really developed Ma'u, at his peak he would have been mentioned if eligible.

Glenneel

Bench
Lots of stuff on FB ppl claiming Crighton will be announced Nov 1. I do t know why but I’ve just never found him great. Of course he is a premiership winner and top 17 but certainly not a marquee player.
The staff know a lot more than me though and hope he works well but I was really hoping for a strike backrower such as a Frizelle or Fafita.
He was one of the best back rowers when playing for Souths, has never really hit the big time at Roosters. If, and its a big if, we get him lets hope he gets back to his Souths form. Maybe the way the Roosters play doesn't suit him. They'd have to subsidise his salary by about $250k as on around $800k I reckon.

Glenneel

Bench
I’m pretty surprised some people aren’t excited about Crichton. For mine, he’s exactly what we are needing. His best years are likely ahead of him and his defence is fantastic. Would fit in under BA’s no dickhead policy.

I’d take him over Matterson any day. Plus, seeing as though we’ve signed our first double barrelled surname, it’s about time we signed out first 9 digit player as well :)
Also probably the first Angus at Parra. They're pretty good steaks aren't they?