What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GB Lions Tour on sale today + Eden Park schedule confirmed

adamkungl

Immortal
It's worst thing is, when this is over they'll blame a lack of interest in the international game rather than the numerous idiotic scheduling, format and political decisions that have led to this

-9s on a Friday night, should have been Sat-Sun

-Kangaroos on a Friday night in Wollongong, should have been Sat or Sun day game in Brisbane

-Tonga preparation hobbled by infighting
-GB Lions tour poorly realised, with a silly 2-game format against NZ, Kangaroos declining to play, and no attempt whatsoever to make it more meaningful than "England in different shirts"
-Tonga v GB running against a Rugby World Cup Semi

-Ridiculous triple header, should never ever happen for first class games
-Ridiculous triple header on Rugby World Cup Final night, double down on stupid
-Ridiculous triple header on Rugby World Cup Final night, in the Rugby capital of the world, triple down on stupid.

Springs09

Juniors
The whole thing is idiocy. Yeah let's build support by having a few one-off tests that don't lead anywhere. Brilliance.

Jim from Oz

Juniors
It's worst thing is, when this is over they'll blame a lack of interest in the international game rather than the numerous idiotic scheduling, format and political decisions that have led to this

-9s on a Friday night, should have been Sat-Sun

-Kangaroos on a Friday night in Wollongong, should have been Sat or Sun day game in Brisbane

-Tonga preparation hobbled by infighting
-GB Lions tour poorly realised, with a silly 2-game format against NZ, Kangaroos declining to play, and no attempt whatsoever to make it more meaningful than "England in different shirts"
-Tonga v GB running against a Rugby World Cup Semi

-Ridiculous triple header, should never ever happen for first class games
-Ridiculous triple header on Rugby World Cup Final night, double down on stupid
-Ridiculous triple header on Rugby World Cup Final night, in the Rugby capital of the world, triple down on stupid.
I'd add to that having this silly GB Lions tour all mixed up with an Oceania Cup, which actually started about 5 months ago! So an international program that’s basically all over the place. Madness!

Burns

First Grade
The GB Oceanic Lion page on Facebook has 2,500 likes.

The Tonga National Rugby League (which is posting nothing now for obvious reasons) has 33,000 likes.

it’s just the little things

adamkungl

Immortal
Hate to say I told you all so....but I f**king did..

Tbh the GB/England shirt issue is probably the least problematic of everything here.

Pointless though it is, im sure it would sell if it was announced and promoted in a timely manner and not clashing against World Cup finals

Burns

First Grade
Mascord can f**k off...I've told that clown for years GB doesn't work anymore yet he kept going on about it...I hold him personally responsible for the f**k up this tour will be..
Will be good to see his justification for this. I remember him for years going on about it on Twitter and running those weird unofficial GB Lion pages.

adamkungl

Immortal
Will be good to see his justification for this. I remember him for years going on about it on Twitter and running those weird unofficial GB Lion pages.

I don't think Mascord has as much influence as you guys think he does

RL is more than capable of coming up with regressive throwback to the future ideas without him telling them to.

roughyedspud

Coach
C'mon he planted that seed in fat Nigel's head every month or so for years..

He colluded with a NRL media manager to come up with a GB tour itinerary that he printed in the SMH..

he ambushed fat Nigel as he got of plane and bombarded him with question about a mythical GB tour and because Nigel didn't answer mascord made up a story that he was thinking about bringing GB back..

GB v the wallabies at Wembley ran every 6months..

I've got messages off him on twitter with him saying he didn't care if bringing GB back damaged England,Wales,Scotland & Ireland..he thought bringing GB back was a good idea....I'll try and find those twitter messages but they are from years ago..I'll look though.