What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Headgear doesn't actually prevent concussion, it only lowers the likelihood of it happening.
What the NRL will be sued for (if they are) is not doing enough to prevent players being hit in the head, causing concussion.
Prevention should always be considered before personal protective equipment.

It doesn't even do that.

Concussion occurs when your head is suddenly jolted in one direction enough for your brain to slap against the inside of your skull.

Headgear may cushion the impact on your head and even prevent you from getting cut open but it does nothing to prevent that whiplash action that causes your head to jolt back and leads to concussion.

So basically, head gear can stop you from getting a bruise or a cut but that's about the extent of it.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
It doesn't even do that.

Concussion occurs when your head is suddenly jolted in one direction enough for your brain to slap against the inside of your skull.

Headgear may cushion the impact on your head and even prevent you from getting cut open but it does nothing to prevent that whiplash action that causes your head to jolt back and leads to concussion.

So basically, head gear can stop you from getting a bruise or a cut but that's about the extent of it.
There are a lot of ex players out there with bad head injuries. They didn't get that from the dressing rooms surely.

Travitoh

First Grade
It doesn't even do that.

I only said lowers as I've seen theories than a helmet can sometimes absorb impact but you're right. They're designed to prevent damage to the skull, not the brain.

callmack1

Staff member

Peter Quinn

Juniors
I think that's
I only said lowers as I've seen theories than a helmet can sometimes absorb impact but you're right. They're designed to prevent damage to the skull, not the brain.
I think that's about all from me on the Sam Burgess AVO. Nothing I can say will change it and I believe both parties Now should get complete privacy on this matter. It's a shocking time for Sam and we should all respect that. I hope all goes well for the Captain of the Rabbitohs.

callmack1

Staff member
Well, I'm officially scared....

Souths willing to hand Sam Burgess $3.6 million payout as he weighs up medical retirement: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/south-...tirement/b5eff185-6132-4e53-bba9-e648116216b1

Based on that it doesn't sound like he'll play on which will be absolutely heartbreaking if it turns out that way.

I'd love to know where this information came from though because surely his own brother would know before a friggin reporter.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
Well, I'm officially scared....

Souths willing to hand Sam Burgess $3.6 million payout as he weighs up medical retirement: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/south-...tirement/b5eff185-6132-4e53-bba9-e648116216b1

Based on that it doesn't sound like he'll play on which will be absolutely heartbreaking if it turns out that way.

I'd love to know where this information came from though because surely his own brother would know before a friggin reporter.
Nothing is official. There are three lots of advice still to come.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
Nothing is official. There are three lots of advice still to come.
Mate I could be wrong, but I don't believe we have seen the last of Sam. Even Sam with one shoulder is better than half the forwards in the game. Cell treatment in the U. S is being discussed with him. I think it's a great idea.

callmack1

Staff member
Some info emerging about Luke Thompson today, sounds promising for sure but the Mole is talking about 2021. I think we need him for next year. It would be incredible if we could land him!

The Mole - Rabbitohs favourites to snare Super League gun: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mo...uke-burt/8468ee9a-09c6-45c2-be1f-a49a2365c312

Also, from the Lurker, surely this has to be a click bait article. Murray is Souths through and through and hopefully hates the Roosters just as much as the rest of us. Surely it's a click bait article. The rumour about Hiroti I can believe though.

Cam Murray considering shock Roosters switch
Cameron Murray was one of the players of the 2019 season but I’m hearing the Souths star has some concerns about his future.

Murray led the way for Souths in both attack and defence, playing 26 games as well as an exhausting State of Origin campaign.

At just 21, Murray wants a long career in the game and is telling friends he is fearful of burning out.

And that is why the brilliant young back-rower is considering what so many Souths players before him have done - switching to the Roosters.

Murray became best mates with Roosters skipper Boyd Cordner during the State of Origin campaign and the pair talked about a range of subjects - including the possibility of being club team-mates.

It won’t happen next year - but may down the track.

Watch this space.

Tigers considering Rabbitohs raid
The Tigers are considering signing promising Souths winger Mawene Hiroti.

The Kiwi-born centre/winger debuted for the Rabbitohs in 2018 and played four games last season, scoring one try.

With Esan Marsters on the move, the Tigers’ stocks are looking a little skinny out wide and the 20-year-old Hiroti should help boost their depth.

A former Australian Schoolboy, Hiroti was named in the Canterbury Cup NSW team of the year this season.

Last edited:

BradS

Juniors
Some info emerging about Luke Thompson today, sounds promising for sure but the Mole is talking about 2021. I think we need him for next year. It would be incredible if we could land him!

The Mole - Rabbitohs favourites to snare Super League gun: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mo...uke-burt/8468ee9a-09c6-45c2-be1f-a49a2365c312

Also, from the Lurker, surely this has to be a click bait article. Murray is Souths through and through and hopefully hates the Roosters just as much as the rest of us. Surely it's a click bait article. The rumour about Hiroti I can believe though.

Cam Murray considering shock Roosters switch
Cameron Murray was one of the players of the 2019 season but I’m hearing the Souths star has some concerns about his future.

Murray led the way for Souths in both attack and defence, playing 26 games as well as an exhausting State of Origin campaign.

At just 21, Murray wants a long career in the game and is telling friends he is fearful of burning out.

And that is why the brilliant young back-rower is considering what so many Souths players before him have done - switching to the Roosters.

Murray became best mates with Roosters skipper Boyd Cordner during the State of Origin campaign and the pair talked about a range of subjects - including the possibility of being club team-mates.

It won’t happen next year - but may down the track.

Watch this space.

Tigers considering Rabbitohs raid
The Tigers are considering signing promising Souths winger Mawene Hiroti.

The Kiwi-born centre/winger debuted for the Rabbitohs in 2018 and played four games last season, scoring one try.

With Esan Marsters on the move, the Tigers’ stocks are looking a little skinny out wide and the 20-year-old Hiroti should help boost their depth.

A former Australian Schoolboy, Hiroti was named in the Canterbury Cup NSW team of the year this season.

The Cam Murray thing would have to be the greatest concocted BS story ever

They are a South Sydney family through and through. He understands the history and the disrespect that comes with going to them

Like Bob Macarthy he would not have the self disrespect to sign with the rorters

Where do these stories come from? Is the Mole legitimate in any way because this is utter rubbish

Peter Quinn

Juniors
The Cam Murray thing would have to be the greatest concocted BS story ever

They are a South Sydney family through and through. He understands the history and the disrespect that comes with going to them

Like Bob Macarthy he would not have the self disrespect to sign with the rorters

Where do these stories come from? Is the Mole legitimate in any way because this is utter rubbish
It sounds like someone had nothing to write about so they wrote that. I'd be shocked if Murray signed with the Roosters. Although they seem to be able to sign anyone they want. Unlimited salary caps are fantastic.

Travitoh

First Grade
There is no reason why Souths can't keep Cam Murray. That said, it's a professional era and if Easts offer him a better deal then he'd be silly not to take it.

Spot On

Coach
You blokes are kidding yourselves re Murray.

Bennett could very well ruin your cap in the next 2 yrs if some smart recruitment and retention decisions aren't made. Your cap is already skewed.

Roosters will not make those errors and will have plenty to snare Murray if that is their plan.

Latest posts