What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL sent video of alleged Nelson Asofa-Solomona in Bali brawl

gordynz

Juniors
Bullshit.
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...awl-but-nrl-were-unmoved-20191019-p532b8.html

They didn’t leave until at least 5 minutes later and not one storm player mentions NAS being threatened with a bottle to the integrity unit you blokes are full of shit.

From what I can find and from that article the only bloke who mentions a bottle was the club owner who wasn’t even out the front.
Congratulations you found one of the few articles that supports your view, written by none other than Danny Weidler. So apparently all of the witnesses that saw the unprovoked attacks are liars? Sweet.

This other bloke trying to say I'm dishonest... Did you read of the articles regarding the fight? All reports that came out said the attack was unprovoked, the bouncers removed them from the building, the players were threatened with a bottle and the attackers stayed behind, waited for them and continued to abuse them.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/...is-prop-nelson-asofasolomona-started-swinging

Someguy

First Grade
doesn’t explain why he would accept the punishment if it was generally self defence in the moment.

Self defence is a reasonable use of force proportional to the threat as far as I know. It is possible that not all of the actions filmed were considered to be within the definition of self defence.

betcats

Referee
Congratulations you found one of the few articles that supports your view, written by none other than Danny Weidler. So apparently all of the witnesses that saw the unprovoked attacks are liars? Sweet.

This other bloke trying to say I'm dishonest... Did you read of the articles regarding the fight? All reports that came out said the attack was unprovoked, the bouncers removed them from the building, the players were threatened with a bottle and the attackers stayed behind, waited for them and continued to abuse them.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/...is-prop-nelson-asofasolomona-started-swinging

"They were going to 'bottle' him," an eyewitness said. Sounds legit mate lol.

You claimed they had a bottle thrown at them where did you pull that from. Not one storm player has ever said they were going to get bottled its rubbish.

The article doesn't even make sense, the first paragragh:

"Kiwis prop Nelson Asofa-Solomona went on a search-and-destroy mission outside a popular Bali bar to prevent a drunken Australian tourist from smashing Melbourne Storm teammate Suliasi Vunivalu with a beer bottle."

How is going on a search and destroy mission self defence? And there is absolutely no reliable source of there being a bottle, that is just rubbish. And please provide a source for your claim that a bottle was thrown.

Last edited:
"Search and destroy". How the heck would the reporter know? Did he speak to ASF before he wrote the article? Was he there? I dare say the answer to both questions is "no" and more likely it is just hyperbole from the author than anything else.