What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mikaele Ravalawa

Dragonslayer

First Grade
For SGI to have any hope of retaining Sailor on a long term deal, McIdiot will have to find him a first grade spot somewhere, otherwise he’ll leave after graduating from his UOW degree.

Obviously, he’s no chance of snaring a role in the halves with Hunt and Norman at the club.

Agree SJG.

My thoughts are that Mc85mins will play him fullback with Lomax either at wing or centre. However, weren't we signing the French dude Gigot to play fullback, or was that a myth too!

blacksafake

First Grade
It was Runciman who dropped the ball on the left flank as the pass was a bit behind him with a couple of seconds to go. It was not Periera if that is what you are referring too.
I cant remember who passed to him?
From memory it was either Field or Clune who passed it. I stand corrected though

possm

Coach
More likely that you want to keep protecting Mary against decisions made. You keep banging on about who Millward reports to..why...he is got to report to someone?
Does not mean that Mary is not involved and has a say in who's who for recruitment.
Blinkers Possm.....blinkers
I want them both gone, Mary and Millward. Both of these clowns are a big part of our problem.

Mullholland seems to be doing a great job at the Raiders. Was always a better option than Millward.

I subscribe to the idea that recruitment should report to the head coach and that the head coach is responsible for all recruitment decisions. Mary clearly was not up to this so the old boys set up a special department independent of the head coach to take care of recruitment, pathways and retention. Very poor decision. I say, if Mary could not do this important element of his job, he should have been let go.

Dragonsamy

Bench
For SGI to have any hope of retaining Sailor on a long term deal, McIdiot will have to find him a first grade spot somewhere, otherwise he’ll leave after graduating from his UOW degree.

Obviously, he’s no chance of snaring a role in the halves with Hunt and Norman at the club.

Jimmy I think he will be used of the bench.

BLM01

First Grade
About 5 minutes before that in the Grandstand corner where I was standing, right on the line.
CC
Ok...cant remember that...I remember something in the 1st half...was it that simple?
Anyway does not matter now and besides he should not of been brought back for the 1 game after his neck / back injury and so many weeks off IMO
For me Head's selections for that game was the reason. The Jets were always going to roll us through the middle with big bodies and we had their measure out wide with the right players

BLM01

First Grade
T
I want them both gone, Mary and Millward. Both of these clowns are a big part of our problem.

Mullholland seems to be doing a great job at the Raiders. Was always a better option than Millward.

I subscribe to the idea that recruitment should report to the head coach and that the head coach is responsible for all recruitment decisions. Mary clearly was not up to this so the old boys set up a special department independent of the head coach to take care of recruitment, pathways and retention. Very poor decision. I say, if Mary could not do this important element of his job, he should have been let go.
This time I dont disagree with anything you say there except not so sure Mulholland did a great job for us and you were led to believe by the club and even Mary himself that Mary is not involved with recruitment and retention but he is into it up to his neck but just does not get involved with the figures, contract terms and conditions etc. Pathways YES in regards to selections in 1st grade.
But I am happy if we get a better recruitment guru officer from a superior Top 7 side from last year
Canberra is only doing Ok with the help of British imports from SL...which I dont like but thats a personal thing about going overseas to recruit before looking here

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Agree SJG.

My thoughts are that Mc85mins will play him fullback with Lomax either at wing or centre. However, weren't we signing the French dude Gigot to play fullback, or was that a myth too!

If Gigot gets within cooee of first grade, Saints are in deep :poop:.

George Dragon

Juniors

And who did he sign when he was here..
Luke Ball
George Rose
Eto Nabuli
It doesn't matter who has the job its Mary and the club, no player has wanted to come here for 6 years.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Luke Ball
George Rose
Eto Nabuli
It doesn't matter who has the job its Mary and the club, no player has wanted to come here for 6 years.

Don’t forget that “future Immortal”, Mark Ioane.

I agree, Mullholland was a DISASTER for SGI. As I’ve previously said, there’s a reason why he couldn’t cut the mustard as an NRL coach.

Not sure I concur that “no player has wanted to come here (to Saints) in the past six years”. Vaughan, the Sims brothers, Graham, Norman and Hunt all suggest otherwise. Of course, the main contributing factor here is the club’s proclivity in paying ridiculous “overs” to address its shortcomings.

George Dragon

Juniors

I agree, Mullholland was a DISASTER for SGI. As I’ve previously said, there’s a reason why he couldn’t cut the mustard as an NRL coach.

Not sure I concur that “no player has wanted to come here (to Saints) in the past six years”. Vaughan, the Sims brothers, Graham, Norman and Hunt all suggest otherwise. Of course, the main contributing factor here is the club’s proclivity in paying ridiculous “overs” to address its shortcomings.
Norman Graham K Sims all players off loaded by their club.
Yep Hunt overs.
Taz the only one who wanted to come here and maybe Vaughan and he is the only one I think that has been value for money.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Norman Graham K Sims all players off loaded by their club.
Yep Hunt overs.
Taz the only one who wanted to come here and maybe Vaughan and he is the only one I think that has been value for money.

They all wanted to come here for various reasons but primarily monetary ones.

Norman’s stipend is also grossly inflated, in my opinion.

T. Sims has been value for money. Don’t forget he has debuted for NSW, and it wasn’t his fault McDopey busted his balls this year by playing him whilst injured.

possm

Coach
Luke Ball
George Rose
Eto Nabuli
You might remember that Craig Young made a complete mess of the roster and it was left to Mullholland to sort that out. Then we had the rift between B Morris and Merrin. After that the Jack Bird affair. Mullholland had his hands tied and as he reported to Mary, had no help at all.

possm

Coach

What do all of the above players have in common?

Latest posts