What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT- Rugby World Cup

JJ

Immortal
Nobody else can play at that level... but perhaps some can restrict/disrupt us... Poms and Jaapies

Meth

Staff member
Ireland must be gutted. So much self generated hype about their chances in this World Cup. They lost to Japan and then we smashed them in the finals.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Ireland must be gutted. So much self generated hype about their chances in this World Cup. They lost to Japan and then we smashed them in the finals.

yep, biggest myths of the tournament. The French can leave with their heads held high, unlucky to bow out last night. The Boks did as expected ending Japan’s run.

Meth

Staff member
The All Blacks were superb. Utterly brilliant. Particularly impressed with Aaron Smith, Jack Goodhue and Kieran Read. The tight 5 were also impeccable.

shiznit

Coach
I actually think the All Blacks still have more improvement in them... I think the set piece can be better for sure.

I reckon we may well see a better performance in the next 2 games...

obviously a very good England team will have a good say about that.... but there’s been periods over this dominant decade plus period from Graham Henry and Steve Hansen’s reign where they’ve really hit a peak level for a 6 week period that they’ve blown everyone off the park.

il thinking of the European grand slam tour where they practically took 2 squads and beat England and Ireland at home with 2 completely different teams.

I think we are building into that type of form... I’ve never really seen us hit it in the RWC as we’ve normally been the hunted so we’ve played with the pressure of history heaped on us.

but with us losing that #1 ranking before the cup i think it allowed the team to loosen up a little bit...

I think in the next fortnight we could see something REALLY special.

now watch them stumble against the English... :joy::joy:

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors
yep, biggest myths of the tournament. The French can leave with their heads held high, unlucky to bow out last night. The Boks did as expected ending Japan’s run.

I think the French played well with 14 men, but overall they shot their selves in the foot and screwed it up for their selves.
Wales were poor and were lucky to get away with the win, but they played what was in front of them and didn't panic.
They played their worst game of the cup against France, I'd love to see a Wales v ABs final so am hoping they step up against South Africa

JJ

Immortal
Not a big union fan... but pretty excited atm

Go the. All Blacks!!!

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I haven’t been able to last the 2nd half, the most boring 30mins of sport I’ve seen this year, NFL is less stop start

JJ

Immortal
Dominated

Sad for Read, really rate him in all respects

English were great, we were poor

JJ

Immortal
Just struck me as funny how many fans & journos had been saying the All Blacks couldn't be beaten at this world cup, etc
Think the Ireland game boosted confidence

Imo we’re still the best team, but Hansen messed up selections and was completely out coached and the team completely outplayed

Wasn’t like we can whinge about luck or decisions... fair old pounding

vvvrulz

Coach
Yep nothing to do with luck, we were gifted a try and should have been held to nil actually

JJ

Immortal
And the Jaapies show their innate ability to be boring as batshit and take union back to the 1970s, reminding us all of the potential for union to be like watching paint dry

God I hope the Poms win