What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Glenneel

Bench
Issue for mine is we do not need a Fifita. We need more N.Brown types. A Jake Tibjivic would be a better fit for our side.
We have enough talent to score points. We lack inspirations,leader and mongrel. Some grit. Who in our pack has it? Jnr and Lane are great players. But they aren't born leaders.

And I do not see it in Kafusi or Stefano. Stone I however do.We need a Greg Bird style.
Don't understand this hype for Stone. He impressed me in U20s but never has in NRL. Seems to want to be an enforcer but in doing so seems to make too many mistakes for mine or is injured.

hindy111

Post Whore
Don't understand this hype for Stone. He impressed me in U20s but never has in NRL. Seems to want to be an enforcer but in doing so seems to make too many mistakes for mine or is injured.

22yld and spent most the year injured. Played 137mins of NRL. That's less then 2 full games. Forwards need 20 NRL games to get up to speed. He won't play origin but he could be a handy player in 2020 and fits the mould of type I like. Huge heart.

chiefy1

Juniors
He's too small. Should have been weeded out of the system years ago.

BA doesn't have an eye for producing impact forwards. His only claim to fame in 6 years is Alvarado.

Rcg - Panthers
Junior - Ricky
Lane -Dogs/Manly
Matto - roost
Brown - Tigs
Mau - Long bay
Evans - Roost
Gower - manly drags
Nikure - ba
Alvarado - ba

Noise

Coach
Some teenager coming to our club on more than Moses better tear new arseholes every week otherwise it's going to upset others in the side. They may publicly say "good luck to him" but nek minute be on the phone to their manager. Ryan Matterson was presented with the same scenario. Washed up hasbeens earning 3 times his salary whilst his efforts were a significant reason why they were winning games.
That could happen with anybody out of form earning more money than another player. The only way you stop that from happening is if everyone earns the same amount or docking players pay if they under perform - which is ridiculous.

Noise

Coach
22yld and spent most the year injured. Played 137mins of NRL. That's less then 2 full games. Forwards need 20 NRL games to get up to speed. He won't play origin but he could be a handy player in 2020 and fits the mould of type I like. Huge heart.
Huge heart maybe but small size, average skill level (at best) and average speed indicate he’ll be primarily a reserve grader.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
BA doesn't have an eye for producing impact forwards. His only claim to fame in 6 years is Alvarado.

Rcg - Panthers
Junior - Ricky
Lane -Dogs/Manly
Matto - roost
Brown - Tigs
Mau - Long bay
Evans - Roost
Gower - manly drags
Nikure - ba
Alvarado - ba

So he didn’t develop Edwards / Manu?

While Brown was hardly a NRL starting forward on the fringes of rep selection when joining us.....

He did ok with Lane, he had the best season ever I reckon?

Ah Gower, ok, so before joining us he plays the most NRL games in a season he had over several seasons at manly under BA as an assistant. Then is BA’s first signing and plays 98 nrl games .....

Mahoney?

Etc etc etc

Gronk

Staff member
That could happen with anybody out of form earning more money than another player. The only way you stop that from happening is if everyone earns the same amount or docking players pay if they under perform - which is ridiculous.

Actually I'd think that plenty of clubs would have a salary hierarchy that nobody earns more than your spine players.

Bazal

Post Whore
Actually I'd think that plenty of clubs would have a salary hierarchy that nobody earns more than your spine players.

Why?

That would basically mean those clubs could never make a play for anyone outside the spine on big dollars. Or they'd have to pay their spine huge bucks and stuff their cap.

I'd suggest NRL sides are more fluid than that

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Why?

That would basically mean those clubs could never make a play for anyone outside the spine on big dollars. Or they'd have to pay their spine huge bucks and stuff their cap.

Not really, I reckon most clubs have spine players in the $750-$850k range, so I reckon you could pick up some decent non spine players for around $750k.

Actually I reckon most non spine players wouldn’t be worth / and or on $750k

Gronk

Staff member
Why?

There might be some exceptions like Sam Burgess or Tomolololololololololololo, however most sides would not be paying an edge backrower more than their gun 7 or 1.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Issue for mine is we do not need a Fifita. We need more N.Brown types. A Jake Tibjivic would be a better fit for our side.
We have enough talent to score points. We lack inspirations,leader and mongrel. Some grit. Who in our pack has it? Jnr and Lane are great players. But they aren't born leaders.

And I do not see it in Kafusi or Stefano. Stone I however do.We need a Greg Bird style.

I totally agree.

David Fifita is a great young player, but we need proven players, imo.

Bazal

Post Whore
Not really, I reckon most clubs have spine players in the $750-$850k range, so I reckon you could pick up some decent non spine players for around $750k.

Actually I reckon most non spine players wouldn’t be worth / and or on $750k

Did I suggest they didn't?

I'm suggesting that's by evolution, not design.

To say that "clubs will have a policy that spine players are their highest paid players" is silly. It may often work out that way, but it wouldn't be policy or deliberate hierarchy or whatever.

Noise

Coach
That makes no sense. If a club has room in their salary cap doyou think they wouldn't make a higher bid for a star who coasts more than a spine player even though he would make them a better team? Rubbish!

Latest posts