What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

chiefy1

Juniors
Fifita ain't coming for 750. Its 1 million or close to it. The broncs will come up with tpa's that will keep him. You need a million plus.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Big strong Islander boys who have potentially high ceilings. Both seem very quiet and respectable humans. I dont see any thuggery in either. They'll play the game nicely and do a job perhaps. And I haven't dismissed. Just started I dont get excited by our forwards cause to many end up flops.

Stone I reckon could fire these guys up. We need thugs,mongrels...We miss Kenny Edward's.
We have Nrown for that and to a lesser extent Evans. I reckon Mahoney has a controlled version of it as well. You don’t want too many loose cannons in your squad though.

T.S Quint

Coach
Yeah I would love him at 750-800k.
But unsure he would help give us the toughness AMD grit of say a worse side then us in the Bulldogs who just have more determination and hunger.
I feel like we have soft bellies. Once the chips are down we roll over.

And when the chips are down we could just get Fifita to roll over the top of the opposition.

T.S Quint

Coach
Big strong Islander boys who have potentially high ceilings. Both seem very quiet and respectable humans. I dont see any thuggery in either. They'll play the game nicely and do a job perhaps. And I haven't dismissed. Just started I dont get excited by our forwards cause to many end up flops.

Stone I reckon could fire these guys up. We need thugs,mongrels...We miss Kenny Edward's.

You’re right. We need more of a David Fifita type.
Let’s offer him a million per year :thumbsup:.

Eelementary

Post Whore
He’s proven that he is f**king awesome and hard to tackle. That’s good enough for me.
I think only injury could keep him from becoming a great player.

He's a gun - but $1,000,000 for him?

No, thanks.

I'd rather Jake Trbojevic, tbh, who is probably just as likely as Fifita to join the Eels.

Gronk

Staff member
Assuming we have that kind of cap space, what position would you prefer we strengthen outside the vacant edge forward spot, who do we sign as our edge forward and what do you think they will cost?
I still think it's overs. Cam Murray wouldn't be getting $1M.

Paying over $1m for him ? I think I'd rather have two Briton Nikoras for that price.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Good player but don’t think he is worth $1 million. It’s a huge risk offering that amount to an edge forward who is still in his first year.

Plenty of examples of boom rookies killing it in their first year but then not kicking on.

Additionally I don’t think any edge forward is worth $1 million (even the best like Cordner / graham / Frizzell), good way to stuff your cap.

One thing we have in our favour to offer that much is that we have no current million dollar players, even in our spine the highest paid is Moses at an alleged 750k.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Did I suggest they didn't?

I'm suggesting that's by evolution, not design.

To say that "clubs will have a policy that spine players are their highest paid players" is silly. It may often work out that way, but it wouldn't be policy or deliberate hierarchy or whatever.
That policy is working wonders for the Dragons.

Happy MEel

First Grade
I still think it's overs. Cam Murray wouldn't be getting $1M.

Paying over $1m for him ? I think I'd rather have two Briton Nikoras for that price.
Why would you want two Nikoras (edge forwards) when we already have Lane who plays 80 minutes on the edge?

Latest posts