What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
Hence why I included “edge forwards” in brackets. You haven’t answered the question as to why we need two edge forwards when we have Lane?

My example of Nikora was really to say that we could secure two really promising forwards @ $5/600 rather than one at $1.2m. They could be middle or edge or a mix.

Happy MEel

First Grade
My example of Nikora was really to say that we could secure two really promising forwards @ $5/600 rather than one at $1.2m. They could be middle or edge or a mix.
Well that’s what I was asking...which positions would you strengthen. So let’s take your example of an edge forward and middle. If we use (a fully fit) Welch as a hypothetical middle forward who was rumoured to be valued around the $500k mark, I still think this forward rotation:

Paulo
Mahoney
RCG
Fifita
Lane
Brown

Salmon/Taka
Niukore
Alvaro
Evans

is stronger than

Paulo
Mahoney
Welch
Nikora
Lane
Brown

Salmon/Taka
Niukore
RCG
Evans

hindy111

Post Whore
The issue is more this.
Let's say we have 1.2 to spend but want to keep 200k up our sleeve so effectively 1 mill.
And we have 16 guys who we want and coach wants part of first grade and just 1 position to fill. Then spending 1 mill of Fifita makes sense rather then Matterson + Critghton if it means others end up in NSW cup and costing 300k to play there.

I am not suggesting that's an issue for us but in some clubs it may be.

hindy111

Post Whore
I feel like our 1 - 7 is sorted.
Bar injuries. The depth needs improvement.

8 - Jnr
9 - Mahoney
10 - Rcg
11 - Lane
12 -???
13 -Brown

14???
15???
16 Nikuore
17 K.Evans

Forwards -
18 Alvaro
19 Terepo
20 Stone
21 Taka
22 Stefano
23 Kafusi

Halves -
Salmon
W.Smith

Hooker -
Schneider

Backs -

GJennings
Parry

So that leaves 5 spots. I reckon we need atleast 2 quality forwards. Another hooking option and another back up or two in backline.

If one of the young guys can step up and take a bench spot great.
Alvaro and Terepo when all fit shouldn't be in the 17. Our top 13 isn't good enough to afford a weak bench. We need 3 of our 4 ben h players to be as good as our starters to stand a chance

Gronk

Staff member
Oh, we like them.

We haven’t had a chance to thank them for giving us the halfback of the year yet.

Their response is that Luke Brookes won the same award last year.

So I reckon we stick with Moses is the next in line for Test half. Man of the Tournament at World 9s.

ddo-carr-and-moses-191019_gt_088.jpg

84 Baby

Referee
Their response is that Luke Brookes won the same award last year.

So I reckon we stick with Moses is the next in line for Test half. Man of the Tournament at World 9s.

ddo-carr-and-moses-191019_gt_088.jpg
OMG caption that photo for Tigers fans!
Papenhuyzen, Addo-Carr, Moses and Nrown (actually on closer inspection I think it’s Graham)