What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilkenny

Coach
Been in Perth for a couple of weeks just got back and saw news about Egan. Wow I knew there were murmurs but didn’t really take them seriously at the the time. I’m sorry but I just don’t get on what is happening to our club at present. We have invested a lot of time, effort and money in Egan and around the time he may start to get a return on our investment we let him go. I’m really concerned about the decisions currently being made at our club.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Been in Perth for a couple of weeks just got back and saw news about Egan. Wow I knew there were murmurs but didn’t really take them seriously at the the time. I’m sorry but I just don’t get on what is happening to our club at present. We have invested a lot of time, effort and money in Egan and around the time he may start to get a return on our investment we let him go. I’m really concerned about the decisions currently being made at our club.

Is Egan (on 2019 form) going to be better than Api was in 2019 ? I say no. Api will bring more to the squad than Egan was able to.

Also clubs aren't able to hoard players in their squads either. Kenny will be a great understudy.

Kilkenny

Coach
That we will have an answer for soon enough

I posted the post you replied to before going back and learning Egan is the latest out the exit door.

Frankly I’m flabbergasted the way the off season is heading. Who are we freeing up all this cap space for? There really isn’t any quality players available even allowing for bringing someone in who is currently contracted. Were not going to recruit any marquees so why are we going down this slippery slope.

Kilkenny

Coach
Is Egan (on 2019 form) going to be better than Api was in 2019 ? I say no. Api will bring more to the squad than Egan was able to.

Also clubs aren't able to hoard players in their squads either. Kenny will be a great understudy.

we appear to be placing a lot of faith Koroisau but I’m just not sure he is that much better than what we had to justify what is going on.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
we appear to be placing a lot of faith Koroisau but I’m just not sure he is that much better than what we had to justify what is going on.

I disagree. Hooker was the place where he could have done with a spark like Api. I see him as a good even a great signing.

Egan and Sione were below average in 2019 season. Changing this could be the difference between making the finals and not. Also neither were 80 minute hookers either.

NB. Api does play well with Ivan as coach too.

franklin2323

Immortal
I posted the post you replied to before going back and learning Egan is the latest out the exit door.

Frankly I’m flabbergasted the way the off season is heading. Who are we freeing up all this cap space for? There really isn’t any quality players available even allowing for bringing someone in who is currently contracted. Were not going to recruit any marquees so why are we going down this slippery slope.

Egan was going to be backup hooker. If he thinks has a better chance to play FG over there (personally I don't see it but goodluck) then why not let him go?

We have let go a winger (DWZ) bench forward (RCG) and now backup hooker and everyone loses their mind.

Meanwhile Oates, Ramien, Glenn, Walker, Tetevano unsigned for 2019. Matterson still not resolved.

Turbos, Mitchell, Manu, JWH, Fifita and Arrow to be signed for 2020. Whether these guys leave or not will have a flow on to cap space being cleared.

I know it is frustrating but still plenty to play out

Dave's mate

Juniors
Egan was going to be backup hooker. If he thinks has a better chance to play FG over there (personally I don't see it but goodluck) then why not let him go?

We have let go a winger (DWZ) bench forward (RCG) and now backup hooker and everyone loses their mind.

Meanwhile Oates, Ramien, Glenn, Walker, Tetevano unsigned for 2019. Matterson still not resolved.

Turbos, Mitchell, Manu, JWH, Fifita and Arrow to be signed for 2020. Whether these guys leave or not will have a flow on to cap space being cleared.

I know it is frustrating but still plenty to play out

Great post and its not like whats on the market is good anyways. Rather buy for the year after

franklin2323

Immortal
Great post and its not like whats on the market is good anyways. Rather buy for the year after

For 2019. I wouldn't mind a few guys pushed out with highly subsided deals like Josh Morris etc. DWZ will well and truly be off our books for 2020 so have more to play with and hopefully off a better season to go after better recruits

Kilkenny

Coach
I still don’t see any upside to letting Egan go.

it’s not as if we are gonna bring in five marquee signings!!!!!

I understand the silly season is just beginning I just don’t see our brains trust sealing the deal on anyone who will be a significant upgrade or address our deficiencies.

API is a decent player and if he survives the season injury free well perhaps he will be a decent signing. Incurs a season ending injury early on well we are back to square1.

Sorry to say this rebuild we are enduring has no plan to it which will be all to evident once our top 30 roster is finalised.

Status
Not open for further replies.