What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Peter Quinn

Juniors
What has he done to suggest he is a big game player?
Jason Taumalolo has won a premiership, Dally M and carries NQ week in, week out.
David Fifita isn't close to that standard.
Fair question. I'm going on the games I saw him play only. Against Souths which were both big games and the Roosters, Cronulla, Raiders on TV. He runs the ball powerfully and that is what's needed at our club. And obviously he's a rep player and more than likely will be added to the Kangaroos squad. He's still young and is in the Junior kangaroos team now.

Travitoh

First Grade
Fair question. I'm going on the games I saw him play only. Against Souths which were both big games and the Roosters, Cronulla, Raiders on TV. He runs the ball powerfully and that is what's needed at our club. And obviously he's a rep player and more than likely will be added to the Kangaroos squad. He's still young and is in the Junior kangaroos team now.

Essentially a poor mans Cam Murray who is already an established Blue and in the Australian squad. I'd give Cam $1m before Fifita.

Very good player who'd be a great addition for Souths, but not at that price tag.

callmack1

Staff member
The 10 biggest stars who are NRL free agents on November 1, and what they could earn: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...w/news-story/a5c5734e1dae373165b4955dac57dc70

Also, from the Lurker. Can't blame Sam at all really.

What was behind the Sam Burgess AVO drama?
So what caused the big drama between Sam Burgess and his former father-in-law last week?

The pair exchanged angry words when Burgess went on a supervised visit to see his kids in Bowral and things got so heated that an AVO was issued against the Rabbitohs star.

I’m hearing that Burgess lost his cool because he believes someone from his former ex-wife’s side of the family was responsible for leaking information to the media.

Burgess is sick and tired of reading stories about his private life - and his career-threatening injury - in the media.

His ex father-in-law denied the accusations… and a heated scene developed.

You have to feel for Burgess - while he has made some mistakes both his private and football lives appear to be unravelling.

Last edited:

Peter Quinn

Juniors
The 10 biggest stars who are NRL free agents on November 1, and what they could earn: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...w/news-story/a5c5734e1dae373165b4955dac57dc70

Also, from the Lurker. Can't blame Sam at all really.

What was behind the Sam Burgess AVO drama?
So what caused the big drama between Sam Burgess and his former father-in-law last week?

The pair exchanged angry words when Burgess went on a supervised visit to see his kids in Bowral and things got so heated that an AVO was issued against the Rabbitohs star.

I’m hearing that Burgess lost his cool because he believes someone from his former ex-wife’s side of the family was responsible for leaking information to the media.

Burgess is sick and tired of reading stories about his private life - and his career-threatening injury - in the media.

His ex father-in-law denied the accusations… and a heated scene developed.

You have to feel for Burgess - while he has made some mistakes both his private and football lives appear to be unravelling
He will get back on track. He's got the best mentor in the country in his corner Wayne Bennett and the upstairs crew at the Rabbitohs will always be there for him. That plus the fact Sam himself has the ability to get through anything.

handyman2190

Bench
Thankfully you're not in charge of recruitment.

Id pay it as well, if everyone has noticed there is a very limited talent pool, which has shrunk over the last 4 years ,it takes big dollars to get players now,this guy is 19, we get him now for say a 4 year deal, look after him and we will reap the benefits. Keep your eyes clear,if gagai gets a deal equal or more his off then there is 700k odd to play with,we need thompson,fafita and joey manu

Mr Spock!

Referee
Id pay it as well, if everyone has noticed there is a very limited talent pool, which has shrunk over the last 4 years ,it takes big dollars to get players now,this guy is 19, we get him now for say a 4 year deal, look after him and we will reap the benefits. Keep your eyes clear,if gagai gets a deal equal or more his off then there is 700k odd to play with,we need thompson,fafita and joey manu
Yes and then you have cases like Ash Taylor. Paid a squillion on potential.

Notice Easts recruit established players.

Travitoh

First Grade
You don't pay a bloke a million because you're afraid of missing out on what he might do.

Andrew Fifita is closer to being worth a million than David is.

lynx000

Juniors
Both good, but David is 19 and will get much better. Anyway, as pointed out earlier, I'm not the one recruiting. If Souths get him, I'll be stoked.
Will not happen, you are dreaming. Here is why:
1. He has said he can't stand Sydney and will not live there.
2. He is still living at home and his mother has a huge say over what he does. He is not likely to be moving away from home.
3. His mother has already stated to the press he will be staying at the Broncos.
4. He is signed for next year, and we have the money to re-sign him for 2021.
5. There is greater access to TP payments in Brisbane than South Sydney.
6. If the attraction is supposed to be Bennett, he could be gone within 1-2 years, so if you are 19, why would you move for a coach that in all likelihood will not be there beyond two years (he is getting on you know).
7. His close mates are at the Broncos, like Dearden and Haas.

Hate to burst your bubble, but I will be truly amazed if he goes to Sydney.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
2. He is still living at home and his mother has a huge say over what he does. He is not likely to be moving away from home.
3. His mother has already stated to the press he will be staying at the Broncos.
6. If the attraction is supposed to be Bennett, he could be gone within 1-2 years, so if you are 19, why would you move for a coach that in all likelihood will not be there beyond two years (he is getting on you know).

Fair enough. Now we wait to find out.

Peter Quinn

Juniors

I think you will find Wayne Bennett will be at Souths for a lot longer than 2022. But yes, his home is in Brisbane and his friends and family. So it would be a surprise if he made the move to Sydney. But I've been surprised before many times and will be again. Now the Roosters have weighed in to sign him, because they acknowledge the massive boost it would give us. Bennett is a very persuasive man as well.

Last edited:

Peter Quinn

Juniors
And you'd be kicking yourself....
That may be because he played for Bennett and not Seibold , like most of the Broncs. This Fifita is the real deal. Can you imagine how good he's gonna be when he's 25-27? If the Roosters want him they will have to go up to the 1.3. - 1.4 mark to get him. He wants to re-unite with Bennett because that is his mentor. To move his thoughts away from that, it will take very big money.