What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Nuke

Staff member
The Auckland logo was killer, but it was a fairly formal logo and the nines concept is all about breaking the mold. A distinct logo within the NRL branding that isn't location specific achieves that.
Yeah, that was my biggest issue with the 'comma / apostrophe' RL Nines World Cup logo. It was so bland considering the nines is such a fast-paced, more exciting format of the game.

It looked like a place-filler until the real logo was unveiled ... until it became apparent that it WAS the logo!

gzerounian

Juniors
More than half the logo is a NZ Fern leaf. Maybe one of the other leaves is a gum leaf although they don't look narrow enough. The 9 should be bigger leaving a narrower border of the background. I really like the shape of the 9 and during the world nines I was thinking how they missed an opportunity to make the 9 logo match the shape of the current NRL logo. I never got around to doing a mockup but this is exactly the 9 I had in mind.

sempmrh

Juniors
The Nines logo is a good use of the shield shape - unique but wouldn’t look out of place alongside the others.

Looking forward to seeing all the Nines jerseys. They’re not always great but at least it’s heaps of new stuff for us jersey nerds.

yakstorm

First Grade
NRL-Nines-NRLCOM-Tickets-626x3014.jpg

This is the simplified version of the Nine's logo where the shield is simply an outline (like for All Stars, Premiership, NRLW, etc)

Interesting that the NRL is rolling out both just the simple 'outline' version and a new treatment where the shield is filled in and actually has designed applied... I wonder if this is something we'll see them do with the All Stars / Premiership / NRLW in 2020...

GAZF

First Grade
NRL-Nines-NRLCOM-Tickets-626x3014.jpg

This is the simplified version of the Nine's logo where the shield is simply an outline (like for All Stars, Premiership, NRLW, etc)

Interesting that the NRL is rolling out both just the simple 'outline' version and a new treatment where the shield is filled in and actually has designed applied... I wonder if this is something we'll see them do with the All Stars / Premiership / NRLW in 2020...
I guess it will depend on if/how the logo incorporates a sponsor.

GAZF

First Grade
Three types of leaf in the logo:
  • Blue - philodendron
  • Yellow/lime - monstera deliciosa
  • White - likely a bird of paradise
My mistake, I just saw what I'd been planting in the last few months and assumed the lime one was the same. Could the white one be a rubber plant?

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
My mistake, I just saw what I'd been planting in the last few months and assumed the lime one was the same. Could the white one be a rubber plant?
Unlikely, due to the splits at the bottom of the leaf (visible behind the blue and lime leaves)

callmack1

Staff member
Oooooooh looks like we're getting to that time of the year! Based on previous years we should have some jersey/training gear designs coming in over the next couple of weeks. I'm still getting over the 2019 Season and not quite ready to move onto 2020 just yet but it certainly is exciting!

It appears that is the Warriors jersey for 2020. I was gonna say na, they would've just put him in the 2019 kit for the photo but looking at the logo, that's certainly not the case. Can't understand why they would have the logo black and silver still. I know that's the way itss been for a while now but they have since reverted back to the old colours. It makes no sense!

Nuke

Staff member
20191024_232046.jpg
https://www.newcastleknights.com.au...s-on-as-new-knights-official-apparel-partner/
O'Neils confirmed for Knights. From judging the promo video, the 2020 home jersey looks unchanged besides the new logo.

I'd suggest 'mostly unchanged'.

The thick red bar down the arm seems to have disappeared (or maybe shrunk back closer to the original design's width) going by this video.

On a personal note, I hope the sides and back revert closer to the original's design too. I watched a game from 1995 on my parents' Foxtel the other night, and I'd forgotten how absolutely stunning those jerseys were. The 2019 ones were fantastic too, but 1995's were just that much better. The sponsors logos were admittedly less-intrusive and fewer in number back then too, though.

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
View attachment 33802

I'd suggest 'mostly unchanged'.

The thick red bar down the arm seems to have disappeared (or maybe shrunk back closer to the original design's width) going by this video.

On a personal note, I hope the sides and back revert closer to the original's design too. I watched a game from 1995 on my parents' Foxtel the other night, and I'd forgotten how absolutely stunning those jerseys were. The 2019 ones were fantastic too, but 1995's were just that much better. The sponsors logos were admittedly less-intrusive and fewer in number back then too, though.
Agreed, the cowboys 1st jersey was a good one too, and im glad the warriors stuck with their 95' jersey (updated somewhat but a good throwback)
Now if the tigers could finally wear Orange!
Atleast an orange version of what they have now, the indigenous jersey was close but still not good enough