What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sir Alex fergerson advise to Langer during the Ashes: Mc Idiot take note

soupnazi

Juniors
Justin Langer has revealed how a lunch with legendary football manager Sir Alex Ferguson left him with an important coaching lesson he’ll never forget.
The Australia coach, along with Steve Waugh, met Ferguson after the third Ashes Test, which England won in extraordinary circumstances.

The unlikely one-wicket win tied the series at the time and handed the momentum to England, which threatened to rip the urn out of Australia’s hands.
Langer was in the aftermath afforded the chance to pick the brain of Ferguson, who spent 26 years managing one of the most successful teams in world football, Manchester United.

What Ferguson said was an important lesson to the Australia coach, which Langer was able to put into practice before his side retained the urn in the fourth Test.

“I was so lucky to have lunch with Sir Alex Ferguson when I was away,” Langer told SEN’s Whateley.

“One of the things that stuck with me from that conversation was whenever you lose, always look at yourself first.

“What tends to happen when people lose or things go wrong is everyone starts pointing their finger at everyone else.”

URL LINK https://www.news.com.au/sport/crick...n/news-story/2825b06d01695a932dc09c6b0c9567b6

Last edited by a moderator:

Forster Dragon

Juniors
Justin Langer has revealed how a lunch with legendary football manager Sir Alex Ferguson left him with an important coaching lesson he’ll never forget.
The Australia coach, along with Steve Waugh, met Ferguson after the third Ashes Test, which England won in extraordinary circumstances.

The unlikely one-wicket win tied the series at the time and handed the momentum to England, which threatened to rip the urn out of Australia’s hands.
Langer was in the aftermath afforded the chance to pick the brain of Ferguson, who spent 26 years managing one of the most successful teams in world football, Manchester United.

What Ferguson said was an important lesson to the Australia coach, which Langer was able to put into practice before his side retained the urn in the fourth Test.

“I was so lucky to have lunch with Sir Alex Ferguson when I was away,” Langer told SEN’s Whateley.

“One of the things that stuck with me from that conversation was whenever you lose, always look at yourself first.

“What tends to happen when people lose or things go wrong is everyone starts pointing their finger at everyone else.”
Firstly he would require a brain to do a self assessment

Old Timer

Coach
So inspirational how come we didn't win the series?
Langer is a soft cock of the highest order and another one who likes "spin".

BLM01

First Grade
Well there you have Mary's next philosophy line he will throw out in his next interview and / or ready made 2020 excuse for a loss.
OPINOF.."Our past is not our future"...Words of Wisdom spoken by the one and only legend coach Paul McGregor...or did he pinch them from someone else?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
OPINOF.."Our past is not our future"...Words of Wisdom spoken by the one and only legend coach Paul McGregor...or did he pinch them from someone else?
Well that’s depressing... We have premierships in our past..

BLM01

First Grade
Well that’s depressing... We have premierships in our past..
Tell that to our great all mighty hopeless coach...I think it is his new go to coaching philosophy 101 way of saying his constant failures wont keep happening year after year and be confident everyone out there he will revolutionise coaching at this club and make great positive changes moving forward :rolleyes:
Waiting...waiting...waiting

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Big deal. Trite sayings might impress Langer, but if he reckons this is a major learning outcome he shouldnt be coaching. What a load of manure.