What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

martielang

Bench
I think some of us need to go back to the threads at the start of the year and read comments about our starting hookers who have now moved on. Kenny was such a breath of fresh air in that Parramatta game at Bankwest.

It’s frustrating with the continued squad turnover, but Api and Kenny will show a lot more promise than Katoa or Egan did.

Will we win a comp under api/Kenny- highly doubt it, but I’m confident we’ll show more threat than we did at the start of 2019.

What does Kenny do better then Egan/Katoa though? He was more enthusiastic for sure, but most rookies are when they first come in. Potentially better defensively?

I don’t think his delivery, running game, kicking game are better then the other 2.

luv my panfas

Juniors
I think some of us need to go back to the threads at the start of the year and read comments about our starting hookers who have now moved on. Kenny was such a breath of fresh air in that Parramatta game at Bankwest.

It’s frustrating with the continued squad turnover, but Api and Kenny will show a lot more promise than Katoa or Egan did.

Will we win a comp under api/Kenny- highly doubt it, but I’m confident we’ll show more threat than we did at the start of 2019.
Don’t agree. We had a 7 & 6 on circa $2m combined, who got the ball whenever they wanted & they created nothing. The dumb mistakes came from trying to create something when the players that should’ve weren’t.
I see your point with the 6 and 7 but attack starts from dummy half as well good hookers shoudnt shovel ball to million dollars worth of halves because they ask for it They are an integral part at the start of any set Our team needs vision from the play the ball We didnt get that this year

OldPanther

Coach
Would’ve been nice to keep him, but you can’t always keep heaps of depth for the same position. Kenny is a good enough backup.

Haven't seen him for a bit. Send out the search party.

Hey guys. Between work getting intense and the misses nearly time to have the baby I've had no time. Sad news about Egan but my silly fandom aside I just hope the club is doing what's best to improve performance.

I'd prefer MItchell, even if we have to pay overs a bit. He's a try scoring weapon, and ìmportantly can create his own try. We desperately lack strike in our backline.

But i'd be happy with Manu too.

Zampaa

Juniors
The amount of people disappointed in here about losing Egan and Katoa amazes me..

Katoa hasn't put in a good game since Wallace retired, he slowed down every attack he was a part of, regularly picked the ball up and was so slow to pass that the front rower overran the ball, and he had to go the other way, which almost always ended badly, and his defensive abilities weren't exactly good. The only thing about his game I rate is his kicking game, as a hooker who's played almost 50 first grade games across 4 seasons, you want more then that, and I used to be Katoas biggest fan, I was excited when Wallace retired, because of how good I thought Katoa would be.
And Egan, the potential is clear, he's shown glimpses of a good first grader, but after 30 games, that's not enough, he's not the young 19 year old anymore, he'll be 23 at the start of next season, and he's nothing more then a good level nsw cup player at this stage.

Neither of them were any better then May and Luai who were playing out of position at 9, and I'm sure Blore, and Burton will produce just as much as Katoa and Egan if required.

Zampaa

Juniors
I'd prefer MItchell, even if we have to pay overs a bit. He's a try scoring weapon, and ìmportantly can create his own try. We desperately lack strike in our backline.

But i'd be happy with Manu too.

Mitchell would turn into George rose Junior if he signed for a club of our calibre, he's already fat and lazy at the roosters, and would rather be at home in taree, there's 0 chance that he wouldn't get worse for us.

franklin2323

Immortal
Hey guys. Between work getting intense and the misses nearly time to have the baby I've had no time. Sad news about Egan but my silly fandom aside I just hope the club is doing what's best to improve performance.

I see it as balance. Do you really need 3 hookers

mxlegend99

Referee
I see it as balance. Do you really need 3 hookers
We did in 2019.

Kenny is seen as more of a lock than hooker aswell. We have one genuine hooker on our books for 2020.

If Api goes down all we have is a no frills tackling machine to fall back on. His role is well suited to being our bench utility having short stints at hooker and lock. But not to being our only backup hooker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts