What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 team

chewsta

First Grade
Its A shame to lose Capes, he is a real club man. Shows how much he wants to stay that he has not made any decisions still.

Leeds? Isnt that where Merrin is? Or is Hurrell wanting to come back? We could use a 15th centre.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I keep seeing the articles about a Moylan and Matterson swap, but the way I understood it was we would give them Moylan purely to relieve salary stress and Matterson would be free to negotiate with other clubs, not a swap to us.
I like this plan, much cattle to be traded this season for many, many clubs.

Omnishark2

Juniors
Moylan is a talented x-factor player that creates tries ... when he's not injured, and when he wants to be ... which is rarely.
And he's consistently shown he's got no heart for the battle when the chips are down.
To be fair, we bought him as a 5/8, and that's his best position.
But his attitude stinks.
Trade him for sure ... we've bashed our heads against the wall for 2 years with him, make him someone else's problem.

Matterson's developed into a great edge backrower ... I know Wests played him in the middle a lot, but he's wasted there IMHO. So I don't get where he would fit in with Wade & Nikora on our edges. Still if it gets Moyza off our books (maybe with us paying no freight, even better) - then I could live with paying Matterson $500k ish.

sandshark

Bench
There is just no viable spot for Moylan in the first team anymore since the club has signed Ramien.

If I were his agent I'd be looking at the Bulldogs.. They have a lot of money to spend and might be able to buy a few decent players within the next couple of seasons to be competitive.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I just know we have to offload a big money player.

Kinda want to keep the forwards, have many backs.

Hope John gets it right, Would not want to be him right now.

It’s worrying me that the Moylan/Matterson trade is taking so long.

Hope the soft cock Moylan isn’t refusing to go.

He’ll know he can’t hide at the Tigers.

He knows he can bludge at the Sharks.

chewsta

First Grade
A halves combo of SJ-7 and WADE-6 would be pretty to watch.

Guess that pushes Chadley to 9 or elsewhere.
Chad defends well enough and can pass and kick from there still.

Matterson, Nikora, William's, Rudolph, Prior (if he stays) to round out the back row

R-15-3

Juniors
Chad would make a great 9 old and experienced enough to command the forwards around the ruck and take some pressure of SJ at half, solid in defence and should definitely give us a short kicking game. Wade has always thrived when playing 6 and get him on both sides of the ruck

snout

First Grade

Hope the soft c**k Moylan isn’t refusing to go.

Im gonna say theres a lot of sniffing of bums at the moment but come a minute past midnight on Nov 1 the games will begin in earñest.

Once 1 jumps everyone will be jostling for positions so the player they want isnt lost to someone else.

Matterson and others would be having conversations with clubs the media dont know about.

And guys like broncos fifita who are signed by a rival club for 2021 - a whole new game starts then. The current club will want to let them go now. No good having soneone run around next year in your colours who is leaving at seaaons end. Just prepping them to play against you in the future. Better to blood a youngster.

So swaps will then begin. We will let him go now- who will you give us?

This will be a preseason like no other.
These deals have to be done quickly as training begins soon.

bluefox68

Staff member
Latest desperate rumour - well, yesterday's news, but...

ROOSTERS AND RABBITOHS LOCKED IN BATTLE TO SIGN DAVID FIFITA

What an absolute joke the NRL and the media is...

The standard line is:

"The Roosters are hoping to use the money freed up by the retirement of Cooper Cronk..."

Last edited by a moderator:

Hope the soft c**k Moylan isn’t refusing to go.

Right, so in yoru universe, we release Moylan to the tigers & pay half his freight, in order to get Matterson who we will pay close to Moylans figure, in order to ease salary cap pressure?
Do you have to practice "moron" to come up with this stuff?

Latest posts