What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mikaele Ravalawa

Dragonsamy

Bench
If he is on the bench he will not really be 'used'. Mary must be close to the worst manager of the bench in the comp, players are forgotten, given 5 minutes or are sent on at the same point week in, week out. Anyone put on our bench are stuffed.

Don't disagree but I just think that Mary thinks Sailor is a number 14, he even said so in s interview. (Wish I could remember the exact date).
Hopefully Mary has less say and he will be used correctly not a winger but fb or back up 6.

BLM01

First Grade
You might remember that Craig Young made a complete mess of the roster and it was left to Mullholland to sort that out. Then we had the rift between B Morris and Merrin. After that the Jack Bird affair. Mullholland had his hands tied and as he reported to Mary, had no help at all.
Young and Doust combo before Mulholland

BLM01

First Grade
What do all of the above players have in common?
Do tell Possm...no dont worry... I can guess...They are all from outside the 50km radius from Wollongong CBD which I understand is a big problem.

But before you go there Tariq sims was signed by Warwick and Vaughan was signed for not that much but obviously deserved to be upgraded after his explosive arrival

BLM01

First Grade
You might remember that Craig Young made a complete mess of the roster and it was left to Mullholland to sort that out. Then we had the rift between B Morris and Merrin. After that the Jack Bird affair. Mullholland had his hands tied and as he reported to Mary, had no help at all.
I would really like to know about the rift between Merrin & Morris. Are you sure about that?
And a little birdy told me that Jack Bird wanted a guarantee 1st grade position the next year before he played 1st grade and decided to go when the club would not.... and whilst I agree with the club stance it was a mistake but what would of been his best position?...cause Widdop was a better 6 than him IMO.

possm

Coach
I would really like to know about the rift between Merrin & Morris. Are you sure about that?
And a little birdy told me that Jack Bird wanted a guarantee 1st grade position the next year before he played 1st grade and decided to go when the club would not.... and whilst I agree with the club stance it was a mistake but what would of been his best position?...cause Widdop was a better 6 than him IMO.
My mistake, I meant between Mary and B Morris and Mary and Merin.

BLM01

First Grade
Saab is our future BMoz. Give this kid time. He is only young so you can't expect him to go out firing. His debut was quite special apart from the final minute.
I dont blame Saab for the final minute as I believe Souths had blokes stand in front of him as blockers under the ball not trying to catch it and took his legs in the air but that argument is now meaningless.
The final seconds Yes..he should of stayed out.

denis preston

First Grade
Apparently there's a rumor that since Bird's departure some players who have signed on after have a clause in their contract on a minimum number of NRL games to play to keep their profile up for their next contract .Kufusi was one. Kick in the guts for the local young players waiting for a chance if true.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I loved BMoz and still wish he never left...
Merrin was told by too many how good he was or will be...and just listened

Merrin IS good.

Wayne Bennett wouldn’t have picked him in the top 17 grand final winning team in 2010 if this weren’t true.

Unfortunately, his career was derailed as soon as the ludicrous decision was made to move him from prop to lock. As with many others (besides monetary reasons), he left because the writing on the wall was clear with McGregor in charge.

BLM01

First Grade
Merrin IS good.

Wayne Bennett wouldn’t have picked him in the top 17 grand final winning team in 2010 if this weren’t true.

Unfortunately, his career was derailed as soon as the ludicrous decision was made to move him from prop to lock. As with many others (besides monetary reasons), he left because the writing on the wall was clear with McGregor in charge.
It was post Bennett era while he was was young and being tutored by Micheal Weyman which was a great thing. It was the Price era were it started to unravel a bit playing fancy with footwork and offloading at the wrong times and it started to go a bit to his head..FACT.
Look how good he is now and still not that old.and where he is playing..dropped from representative and Penrith were happy to let him go as not worth the money he and manager thought he was

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
It was post Bennett era while he was was young and being tutored by Micheal Weyman which was a great thing. It was the Price era were it started to unravel a bit playing fancy with footwork and offloading at the wrong times and it started to go a bit to his head..FACT.
Look how good he is now and still not that old.and where he is playing..dropped from representative and Penrith were happy to let him go as not worth the money he and manager thought he was

Penrith’s coaching continued the rot by keeping Merrin as a fancy footed lock, when his best footy was a head down, bum up style under Bennett,

Fact.

thebigredv

First Grade
Mikaele is the sort of player that will keep the fans coming back (and he was joined by a few young ones coming through who will do the same).

What an individual game he had. A couple more ,4 pointers which is no mean feat in a very uncoordinated side. Those two crunching hits in particular were just tasty.

He will never be the complete player but you know what you will get from him each week. If he can stay on the field he will be part of turning the momentum of this team, and a formidable player to come up against.

HenryTatana

Juniors
Mikaele is the sort of player that will keep the fans coming back (and he was joined by a few young ones coming through who will do the same).

What an individual game he had. A couple more ,4 pointers which is no mean feat in a very uncoordinated side. Those two crunching hits in particular were just tasty.

He will never be the complete player but you know what you will get from him each week. If he can stay on the field he will be part of turning the momentum of this team, and a formidable player to come up against.
Had a great game. If only others in the team performed like him we’d all be something else this September.

Seriously some of the tries Rav scores defies all laws of physics. He can have countless defenders try knock him into touch yet he just keeps on steamrolling straight ahead.
Has an error in him every game but I can live with that.
Not sure that I’d swap him for another winger currently.

Spazer

Juniors
Rav, lomax, sua and amone strongest attacking right-side in the comp apart from cronulla and maybe goldcoast. The left-side is pretty handy as well.

Latest posts