What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Incorrect

Coach
Some random on bookface reckons we signed Jai Arrow today.
Would be happy with that if true...
I dunno.... What would it mean for Nrown I wonder... I know both can play middle but I see them both as almost 13's exclusively if that makes sense... I don't see either as out and out props like Jnr or RCG for instance. Both long minute players almost in the same mould...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Whilst Lane never wore a middle's number, he played plenty of middle and will ultimately end up a middle

disagree and that was never his starting position, he plays just outside Dylbbags

seriously some times we get a bit carried away when defining where a forward plays, it can depend on where the play the ball is and players maneuvering back to their regular position and some are out of position and some one throws them the ball as there is no other option, whats a player like Lane supposed to do if he is caught behind the ruck ? sorry, I'm not a middle forward, here, have the ball back

how many times has Paulo received the ball at second receiver and he either passes or hits up, that doesn't make him an edge forward, sometimes they just get caught out of position

I dont think Lane will ever be a middle forward, he's just too good on the edge

emjaycee

Coach
Yeah sorry Gazza I didn’t realise BA played Mau and Lane 30 mins in the middle each week. It’s a wonder he didn’t just play them there full time and sign some other edge forwards (that he’d probably give some time in the middle)
Are you having a bad day mate..?
There were times, especially when Brown was out that BA definitely shifted Lane to the middle and played Taka on the left edge. Ma'u not so much this year but in 2018 definitely.

Not saying it his plan going into a game but with Tepai (headbin) in the 17, there were times when it happened for sure.

Before you got all antsi, Gazza was simply commenting to Twiz about whether Matterson would be peeved if he got shifted to the middle in a game. You seemed to take offence at the comment for some reason.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I dunno.... What would it mean for Nrown I wonder... I know both can play middle but I see them both as almost 13's exclusively if that makes sense... I don't see either as out and out props like Jnr or RCG for instance. Both long minute players almost in the same mould...
Most teams only use one genuine prop these days anyway. Most middle forwards can play long minutes but don't have to. Playing shorter minutes means they don't need to pace themselves. They can work harder in limited minutes, allowing Paulo to stroll around making 20 tackles in his 55 minutes and saving himself for carrying the ball.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
disagree and that was never his starting position, he plays just outside Dylbbags

seriously some times we get a bit carried away when defining where a forward plays, it can depend on where the play the ball is and players maneuvering back to their regular position and some are out of position and some one throws them the ball as there is no other option, whats a player like Lane supposed to do if he is caught behind the ruck ? sorry, I'm not a middle forward, here, have the ball back

how many times has Paulo received the ball at second receiver and he either passes or hits up, that doesn't make him an edge forward, sometimes they just get caught out of position

I dont think Lane will ever be a middle forward, he's just too good on the edge
Your position is where you stand in defence. If a player finds himself somewhere different (like after an opposition linebreak) he is considered to be out of position.

In attack it doesn't really matter, except when there's a shift and the centre or winger isn't there. But of that's the case the shift probably wasn't on. Obviously there are exceptions.

Anyway plenty of middle forwards attack on the edges. They are middle forwards because they defend in the middle.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Mitchell seems a bit all over the place mentally ... great talent - but his head just doesn't seem to be in it alot of the time
Dont forget he is very young. I was a f**kwit when I was that age. Still am for that matter. Anyway, if this is all legit, then its possibly not until 2021. Does he play same side as Mennings?

84 Baby

Referee
Are you having a bad day mate..?
There were times, especially when Brown was out that BA definitely shifted Lane to the middle and played Taka on the left edge. Ma'u not so much this year but in 2018 definitely.

Not saying it his plan going into a game but with Tepai (headbin) in the 17, there were times when it happened for sure.

Before you got all antsi, Gazza was simply commenting to Twiz about whether Matterson would be peeved if he got shifted to the middle in a game. You seemed to take offence at the comment for some reason.
I didn’t take any offence to his comments about Matterson. I’m sure if BA had any plans to move him into middle with any regularity, it’d be discussed before anyone signed anything. And I have no problem with Lane, Mau, anyone being ordered into middle, it’s part of their job. But Gazzas comments and history seem to me that he does have a problem with those players playing in the middle, or at best he doesn’t believe we’ll do due diligence on whether Mattersons a spurter.
So yeah unsubstantiated shitcanning does cause me to have a bad day and potentially shitcan people unsubstantially, but as the saying goes happy to be proven wrong but.