What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

How much are you paying Moylan because apparently the Tigers have no spare money under their salary cap with all the duds still under contract, and moving on from Matterson only frees up about $300K...

Suggest if this has any legs you will need to be tipping in some cash...
It's something ridiculous, I'm not sure but I've seen reports of 800 and 900k. 2nd highest player behind SJ.
Unless you guys are getting rid of Reynolds at full freight and just replacing him with Moylan?
Otherwise yes i agree that we'd have to throw in some cash.

cb4

First Grade
Well NRL.com have reported that Moylan doesn’t want to come, so I’d say that puts an end to that
Very odd indeed. I doubt thet have spoken to him.
He is meeting with Maguire this weekend is the mail I have been given.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Moylan when at Penrith was a poor trainer. Have things improved in that area. Because if not Moylan and Madge a match made in heaven ?. Or 90 day fiance ?

The Rosco

Bench
Another advantage of being WT....anywhere you go people LIKE you!...ever notice that? like telling someone you rescue koalas for a living. And good not having to mention ..." well...i grew up in the area"
Good point.
I wonder what Penrith fans tell people nowadays . . . .

Phil Gould

Juniors
Good evening ladies and gentlemen. Matty Moylan is a close personal friend of mine and I have shared many meals with him and his family. Even from a very early age he would shirk responsibility. He has never done the dishes in his life and he even refused an attractive offer from his father to pick up the back yard Larry Birds for $10 a piece. Money will not make him work to realise the full potential of his talent. That’s the main reason I pissed him off from my beloved Panfers, he also took the last sausage roll at a corporate function when he clearly knew I had only had seven. Swapping Matterson for Moylan is trading pissed off potential for apathy. Ryan was buy of the year, bar klockstad. Watch the tigers fizz out the investment.

Tiger05

First Grade
I just read an article that Manu was interested in testing his worth. We should have a go at him. Worst case we increase his price to 200k under the salary cap.

Hoofhearted

Juniors
I just read an article that Manu was interested in testing his worth. We should have a go at him. Worst case we increase his price to 200k under the salary cap.
He would be a great pickup but a long shot, in saying that hopefully we should be able to gain something from our coach being the Kiwi national coach. So far we've seen nothing, DWZ went elsewhere and Esan left.

WT2K

Juniors
Meanwhile, Sharks fullback Matt Moylan has rejected a verbal approach from the Wests Tigers to join them in 2020.

While the Tigers will continue to pursue Moylan as their fullback for next season, both the 28-year-old and his agent have reiterated to the Tigers management his only focus is to remain in the Shire where he still has two years remaining on his contract.

(Daily Telegraph)

Meanwhile, Sharks fullback Matt Moylan has rejected a verbal approach from the Wests Tigers to join them in 2020.

While the Tigers will continue to pursue Moylan as their fullback for next season, both the 28-year-old and his agent have reiterated to the Tigers management his only focus is to remain in the Shire where he still has two years remaining on his contract.

(Daily Telegraph)
Read that as " Cronulla are only willing to pay so much of his contract, and the Tigers are only willing to pay so much of his contract, the sum of both doesn't add up to what he is on now"

Vic Mackey

Referee
Unless we offer Moylan more then he’s on atm what possible incentive would he have to move clubs?

Atm he is at a club that’s made the finals 5 years in a row and has 9 Origin players/Internationals in their starting lineup. He also lives in the area and by all reports is happy.

We haven’t made the finals in 9 years, have 2 Origin/Internationals in our side, are generally a basket case off the field and train over an hour from where he lives

Tiger5150

Bench
Read that as " Cronulla are only willing to pay so much of his contract, and the Tigers are only willing to pay so much of his contract, the sum of both doesn't add up to what he is on now"

Agreed. up until now I have thought all of this talk of Moylan is rubbish, but this says to me that all parties are serious about pursuing it.

Fordy20

Juniors

I read it as "Tigers aren't remotely interested in signing him, but we the media have to keep saying they are because we reported they were interested in the first place."

Ron's_Mate

Bench
I read it as "Tigers aren't remotely interested in signing him, but we the media have to keep saying they are because we reported they were interested in the first place."
I read it is "Moylan's agent is keen to put his client into play, so is planting stories with the media."

Vic Mackey

Referee
I must have read something completely different to you guys. I read it as:

‘over paid injury riddled ex rep player doesn’t want to leave huge contract at successful club for the exact same deal at perennial failures’

Last edited:

Latest posts