What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Mr Spock!

Referee
Hallelujah, the voice of reason. That is an awful lot of money to pay on potential for a non-spine position.

Plus, if Sam is forced to retire, Souths don't need an edge forward, they need a middle. The move to try and secure Luke Thompson would be the correct play to replace Sam.
And Murray will be a million dollar forward.

You can't have 2.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
Apparently Ash Taylor was worth a million a season too.....

And let's not forget the fawning over TPJ as the greatest forward ever after one game.....

Besides do we really need 2 million dollar forwards?
Not sure. Let's say we let him go to the Roosters. Then they will have 4-5 mill dollar forwards, but tell everyone they are only getting 350K. Let's not allow Easts to buy the next four comps as well.

Travitoh

First Grade
Not sure. Let's say we let him go to the Roosters. Then they will have 4-5 mill dollar forwards, but tell everyone they are only getting 350K. Let's not allow Easts to buy the next four comps as well.

Who are their million dollar forwards? Because i don't know of any.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
Who knows. Maybe all of them. If you go through them, ask yourself how much they are on. But add David Fafita to that pack and what do you think would happen.
And honestly, I'd love to have JWH at Souths. And Aubisson is a pretty good very experienced player. Tetivano is a crash tackler who holds no fear and Radley is now a kangaroo. That little hooker of theirs looks great and I haven't even mentioned Cordiner yet.

Last edited:

Peter Quinn

Juniors
Tetevano is out of contract (it expired this year) and may not be re-signed by the Roosters. Hence he may be a viable option for Souths.
So too is Jarryd. He's be a great buy for us.In my books, TODAY Jarryd is the best frontrower in the game. D. Fafita will be in two three years, but for now jarryd is.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
You are incorrect. Jarred Warea-Hargreaves contract expires at the end of 2020, hence from 1 November 2019 other clubs are allowed to make offers to sign him for the 2021 season and beyond, as show by this screenshot -

View attachment 33805

Screenshot Source: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/01/23/2019-nrl-signings-player-transfers-and-contracts/#roosters
Yes, up for grabs on Nov. 1 just like Lattrel. They can't keep them, CAN THEY? Afteral, it is Easts we are talking about

Peter Quinn

Juniors
Cordner estimated at $750k
JWH estimated at $650k
Do you believe that? Then Souths should approach both of them with massive offers. Then and only then, will the truth be shown on who is getting what. If they say no to Souths, will it be because they are very happy to be at the Roosters for a lot less money and they love Nick and Robbo too much to ever leave. Anyone who believes that shit is a roosters fan or an imbercile.

Travitoh

First Grade
Do you believe that? Then Souths should approach both of them with massive offers. Then and only then, will the truth be shown on who is getting what. If they say no to Souths, will it be because they are very happy to be at the Roosters for a lot less money and they love Nick and Robbo too much to ever leave. Anyone who believes that shit is a roosters fan or an imbercile.

Do you have any evidence to make me believe anything different?

Peter Quinn

Juniors
Do you have any evidence to make me believe anything different?
So you think the chook are doing the right thing when it comes to the cap? That's amazing. If what I said to you previously was applied, we'd soon find out the truth. Because NO IST GRADE PLAYER WOULD KNOCK BACK A 3-4 HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLAR CONTRACT UPGRADE PER YEAR TO STAY AT ANY CLUB FOR ANY REASON.

Last edited:

Travitoh

First Grade
So you think the chook are doing the right thing when it comes to the cap? That's amazing. If what I said to you previously was applied, we'd soon find out the truth. Because NO IST GRADE PLAYER WOULD KNOCK BACK A 3-4 HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLAR CONTRACT UPGRADE PER YEAR TO STAY AT ANY CLUB FOR ANY REASON.

So Souths should pay overs and wreck their own cap to prove a point?

We shouldn't be asking how do Easts do it, we should be asking why Souths aren't.