What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GB Lions Tour on sale today + Eden Park schedule confirmed

adamkungl

Immortal
Please God, no. It’s bad enough already. The last thing we want is a wankathon over Union, especially if it’s Wales v England.

It's the only thing that will salvage tickets next week.

Kiwi win tonight and All Blacks lose tomorrow. There are no bigger bandwagoners on earth than the entire population of NZ.

Burns

First Grade
A poster over in Total Rugby League has posted they revived an email about the Eden Park Test.

Says the Promoter has decided to close the South Stand and has reallocated seats.
The South Stand holds 22,000 seats.

The capacity has just been halved to around 25,000.

adamkungl

Immortal
Maybe Fox paid through the nose for it and wanted sport all day as a lead-in to their World Cup coverage.
But I doubt it.

yakstorm

First Grade
A poster over in Total Rugby League has posted they revived an email about the Eden Park Test.

Says the Promoter has decided to close the South Stand and has reallocated seats.
The South Stand holds 22,000 seats.

The capacity has just been halved to around 25,000.

I think at the moment most of us would be happy with 20,000 based upon how bad these matches have been selling...

Springs09

Juniors
I wonder why international league fails to capture sports fans attention ?
The product is very good, actually... imo brilliant ( I much prefer internationals to Origin ) we have 4 competitive teams and Samoa are only a few players committing away from being a 5th.... That's more than Union :D

So, why don't people bother turning up ? I realise there is scheduling issues with this game but even without the RUWC the crowd would still have been poor. I know league is a tribal sport and at its best at club level, but these crowds are embarrassing!
I'm sure it would be better played in mid season rep weekends but while the NRL is dictated too by Fox and Nine chasing ratings that'll never happen.

International league does just fine with games that actually make f**king sense.

There is nothing to promote with these games. There's no structure to it. The Four Nations was easy to promote. Casual fans knew what it was, 3 rounds + a final, schedule released early etc. With this season it just screams 'how do we get this over and done with as quickly and as cheaply as possible'.

adamkungl

Immortal
International league does just fine with games that actually make f**king sense.

There is nothing to promote with these games. There's no structure to it. The Four Nations was easy to promote. Casual fans knew what it was, 3 rounds + a final, schedule released early etc. With this season it just screams 'how do we get this over and done with as quickly and as cheaply as possible'.

Unfortunately the lesson here, to the NRL and to the broadcasters and promoters, will be
"Fans aren't interested in internationals"
instead of
"We made mistakes"

Guarantee it. 2000 WC all over.

Burns

First Grade
I think at the moment most of us would be happy with 20,000 based upon how bad these matches have been selling...
Well, if the Southern Stand holds 22,000 - we would need the probably the entire lower bowl of Northern stands, and the two sides in the end to sell out. Given the tickets on sale as you posted before....
Will it even get above 15,000?

Burns

First Grade
Also,

Denver.

Denver got 19,320 in 2018.

That will probably not be beaten (at this rate) by a single International Test this post season.

Springs09

Juniors
Unfortunately the lesson here, to the NRL and to the broadcasters and promoters, will be
"Fans aren't interested in internationals"
instead of
"We made mistakes"

Guarantee it. 2000 WC all over.

Absolutely. I think they already took that lesson from the 2017 WC, given how we have f**k all in the next 6 years aside from the World Cups.

Actually sorry, they took another lesson from 2017 - Tongan fans like internationals! Since that's what the new calendar seems to be based around. They also seemed to depend on Tongan fans turning up just because Tonga's playing to bring the crowds in.

Arucard

Juniors
Well, if the Southern Stand holds 22,000 - we would need the probably the entire lower bowl of Northern stands, and the two sides in the end to sell out. Given the tickets on sale as you posted before....
Will it even get above 15,000?
Currently it's not going to get anywhere near that at all. Estimates have it currently looking likely under 10k. Things will change depending on how games go this weekend (results, style of rugby being played by the teams, intensity of rugby).

NRLMad

Juniors
I wonder why international league fails to capture sports fans attention ?
The product is very good, actually... imo brilliant ( I much prefer internationals to Origin ) we have 4 competitive teams and Samoa are only a few players committing away from being a 5th.... That's more than Union :D

So, why don't people bother turning up ? I realise there is scheduling issues with this game but even without the RUWC the crowd would still have been poor. I know league is a tribal sport and at its best at club level, but these crowds are embarrassing!
I'm sure it would be better played in mid season rep weekends but while the NRL is dictated too by Fox and Nine chasing ratings that'll never happen.
because we have incompetent scheduling and officiating

NRLMad

Juniors
S
Can't see anyone Kiwis buying tickets to see the GB Lions tour now. NZ have been awful
I just don’t get why they select Kenneath Bromwich? Also Tonga and Samoa are having a huge impact on New Zealand ranks right this minute

NZ Tonga England Samoa can all beat each other. The difference then becomes Australia’s ability to control the ball and get penalties when the other team is unable to. Australia does have wonderful players but they do get minor advantages in most games I have watched...it’s just enough at the right times to give them a boost

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
S

I just don’t get why they select Kenneath Bromwich? Also Tonga and Samoa are having a huge impact on New Zealand ranks right this minute

Add Taumalolo, Taukeiaho, Fonua-Blake, and Taupau back into the Kiwis forward pack and yesterday's result would have been different.

Unfortunately Blair, Tetevano, Hamlin-Uele and K Bromwich are not in the same class especially considering when your already missing J Bromwich, Nelson Asofa-Solomona, T Harris, Joseph Tapine and Liu.

siv

First Grade
S

NZ Tonga England Samoa can all beat each other. The difference then becomes Australia’s ability to control the ball and get penalties when the other team is unable to. Australia does have wonderful players but they do get minor advantages in most games I have watched...it’s just enough at the right times to give them a boost

There are two factors that Australia have

Fitness or ability to play 80 min Tues

And combinations

NZ need a few preliminary games before they play Australia. That why they always do well in a final but ordinary in the first game