What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Signings for 2020 and future looking team

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member

TruSaint

Referee
Trent Merrin will return to Leeds Rhinos for the 2020 Super League season, after failing in his bid to return to the NRL.

The former State of Origin and Kangaroos representative was reportedly seeking a return home to the NRL, with former club the Dragons believed to have expressed interest in the lock earlier in the year.

source : sporting news site...

boardlumps62

Juniors
Trent Merrin will return to Leeds Rhinos for the 2020 Super League season, after failing in his bid to return to the NRL.

The former State of Origin and Kangaroos representative was reportedly seeking a return home to the NRL, with former club the Dragons believed to have expressed interest in the lock earlier in the year.

source : sporting news site...
Well thats a Godsend agree. Get off your assess and do your job as recruitment personnel or don't we have any.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
So, we are now less than a week away from having to name our top 24 (before Nov 1) and here we are STILL not knowing for certain who are, in total, our departing players from 2019. We know Kaufusi, Lats and Allgood as well as Robson and Widdop. With all the rumours if certain players have been shown the door, have they not? (Masters doesn't count as he was a DS player and not in the top 30).
I guess we have to include JDB as well.

Next week will be interesting if only ti see which journeymen have found a home here at the Dragons retirement village.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
May I also add that Kerr (supposedly re-signed but not confirmed by the club) and Sailorcremain unsigned.
You can throw in Maranta, Field, Nichols and Timm ( even though he has supposedly signed elsewhere).

Oh to gave a clear understanding of our club :thinking::rolling_eyes::face_palm:♂️

BLM01

First Grade
May I also add that Kerr (supposedly re-signed but not confirmed by the club) and Sailorcremain unsigned.
You can throw in Maranta, Field, Nichols and Timm ( even though he has supposedly signed elsewhere).

Oh to gave a clear understanding of our club :thinking::rolling_eyes::face_palm:♂️

So, we are now less than a week away from having to name our top 24 (before Nov 1) and here we are STILL not knowing for certain who are, in total, our departing players from 2019. We know Kaufusi, Lats and Allgood as well as Robson and Widdop. With all the rumours if certain players have been shown the door, have they not? (Masters doesn't count as he was a DS player and not in the top 30).
I guess we have to include JDB as well.

Next week will be interesting if only ti see which journeymen have found a home here at the Dragons retirement village.

Dont hold you breath waiting.
Dragons Media - Dragons Footy -.Dragons Football Department.
It is all one in the same
Just like the yearly reviews.
Only the players get forced to shed light on it. If you lucky Dean Young might do one or Millward on recruitment in about 2 months time.
If they asked me what was the lowlight..I would of said finishing 15th and the premeditated and premature extension of McParkLevelCoach.

D4L_Dave

Juniors
Here would be my squad and choice of coaching squad. If we had all those people (minus or plus one or two in bottom half of top 30) we would win at least one premiership in next two years then Flanno takes Head Coach , Smith and Ryan make way for Brown as Coaching Director

First Grade Best Team

1. Jai Field

2. Jason Saab

3. Jack Bird

4. Zac Lomax

5. Makala Ravawala

6. Corey Norman

7. Ben Hunt

8. James Graham

9. Cameron Mc Inness

10. Paul Vahn

11. Trent Merrin

12. Tariq Sims

13. Tyson Frizzel
  14. Matt Prior
  15. Korbin Sims

16. Luchiano Lulia

17. Tristin Sailor

18. Blake Lawrie

19. Kerr

20. Lachlan Tim

21. Jackson Ford

22. Matt Dufty

23. Adam Clune

24. Aitken

25. Jordan Perara

26. Timota Lafia

27. Jacob Host

28. Jack Debellin

29. Jonas Pearson

30. Mitchell Allgood
Development

Mundaine (18yr old not meaning Anthony)

Coaching Staff

Head Coach :Nathan Brown Assistant : Shane Flannigan. Canterbury Cup : Matt Head

Under 20’s : Ben Hornby

Coaching directors Brian Smith and Warren Ryan

BLM01

First Grade
Here would be my squad and choice of coaching squad. If we had all those people (minus or plus one or two in bottom half of top 30) we would win at least one premiership in next two years then Flanno takes Head Coach , Smith and Ryan make way for Brown as Coaching Director

First Grade Best Team

1. Jai Field

2. Jason Saab

3. Jack Bird

4. Zac Lomax

5. Makala Ravawala

6. Corey Norman

7. Ben Hunt

8. James Graham

9. Cameron Mc Inness

10. Paul Vahn

11. Trent Merrin

12. Tariq Sims

13. Tyson Frizzel
  14. Matt Prior
  15. Korbin Sims

16. Luchiano Lulia

17. Tristin Sailor

18. Blake Lawrie

19. Kerr

20. Lachlan Tim

21. Jackson Ford

22. Matt Dufty

23. Adam Clune

24. Aitken

25. Jordan Perara

26. Timota Lafia

27. Jacob Host

28. Jack Debellin

29. Jonas Pearson

30. Mitchell Allgood
Development

Coaching Staff

Head Coach :Nathan Brown Assistant : Shane Flannigan. Canterbury Cup : Matt Head

Problem is Field & Allgood and Timm?gone and Dufty better than Field anyway...and you need room for some other development players Jayden Sullivan, Hayden Lomax?.. and others SSE?...Feagai bro, James Schiller
No to Brown as coach, no to Smith as anything to do with the club. He has done little at the Warriors recommending Kearney be extended. Hornby been told to look elsewhere as Matt Head supposedly
Prior is going to UK I think.
Merrin is staying in UK as he could get no one to pay him the money he wants to come back for 2020.
JDB...well I believe he wont play in 2020 regardless.
Apart from that we have to agree as all we have left. Dont mind Bird coming back .....centre?..not sure..maybe

D4L_Dave

Juniors
Field is good under the high ball, good kicking game, sound defensively and has ball skills. Pace and instincts on par with Dufty and under good coaching Field will show his full potential. Dufty is skills wise a winger that can rove in the way Blacklock played .Dufty can't tackle, nervous under high ball, can't kick, can score a try but will never set other players up. Sailors defence is not good enough quite yet but if Wok Ryan were involved both he and Dufty would become better defenders.

I haven't seen proof yet that Prior and Merrin have signed elsewhere. Missing those opportunity should ensure the people involved at the top in club are pushed out permanently ASAP

I don't want Gould at our club, we mind find he will undermine and steal players for the Roosters. He has form with doing that to us

Field and Timm gone??

Problem is Field & Allgood and Timm?gone and Dufty better than Field anyway...and you need room for some other development players Jayden Sullivan, Hayden Lomax?.. and others SSE?...Feagai bro, James Schiller
No to Brown as coach, no to Smith as anything to do with the club. He has done little at the Warriors recommending Kearney be extended. Hornby been told to look elsewhere as Matt Head supposedly
Merrin is staying in UK as he could get no one to pay him the money he wants to come back for 2020.
Apart from that we have to agree as all we have left. Dont mind Bird coming back .....centre?..not sure..maybe

Dragonslayer

First Grade
So, here it is as it stands atm

Backs = 9:
Hunt, Norman, Aitken, Pearson, Periera, Dufty, Ravalawa, Lafai, Lomax.

Forwards = 10:
Lawrie, McInnes, Host, Graham, K. Sims, T. Sims, Leilua, Vaughan, Frizell, JDB*.
*pending court case. He is still contracted for next year atm.

Total = 19

Probable re-signings = 2
Kerr, Sailor

Total = 21

Probable signings (atm) = 1
Luke

Total = 22

Wouldn't surprise re-signing = 1
Maranta

Total = 23

So, 1 maybe 2 signings this week lol.

I think players like Saab, Ford and maybe others promoted from the DS will be in the 27 - 30 group and not part of the top 24.

In reality, we have room for 3 players as external signings ie; those who would earn more than 90k (as those in the 27 - 30 group).

D4L_Dave

Juniors
Regarding

Don't like Brown ?there is always keeping Mary there. Plus the NRL won't let Flanno be head coach so Brown is now free agent. Brian Smith I can tell you will fix the culture issue that allowed the situation JDB is in to unfold that would be his role

BLM01

First Grade
Field is good under the high ball, good kicking game, sound defensively and has ball skills. Pace and instincts on par with Dufty and under good coaching Field will show his full potential. Dufty is skills wise a winger that can rove in the way Blacklock played .Dufty can't tackle, nervous under high ball, can't kick, can score a try but will never set other players up. Sailors defence is not good enough quite yet but if Wok Ryan were involved both he and Dufty would become better defenders.

I haven't seen proof yet that Prior and Merrin have signed elsewhere. Missing those opportunity should ensure the people involved at the top in club are pushed out permanently ASAP

I don't want Gould at our club, we mind find he will undermine and steal players for the Roosters. He has form with doing that to us

Field and Timm gone??
upload_2019-10-25_13-17-39.png
Regarding

Don't like Brown ?there is always keeping Mary there. Plus the NRL won't let Flanno be head coach so Brown is now free agent. Brian Smith I can tell you will fix the culture issue that allowed the situation JDB is in to unfold that would be his role
Agree to disagree. I like Brown but in a recruitment not coaching role.
Prickly Brian Smith found it hard to manage personalities and players in the 90's.due to his stubborness and methods
He got results back then YES but now he is passed it IMO with todays youth and players..
I would move on from there
He has been at The warriors 2 years..that tells me more

Walpole

Juniors

First Grade Best Team

1. Jai Field

2. Jason Saab

3. Jack Bird

4. Zac Lomax

5. Makala Ravawala

6. Corey Norman

7. Ben Hunt

8. James Graham

9. Cameron Mc Inness

10. Paul Vahn

11. Trent Merrin

12. Tariq Sims

13. Tyson Frizzel
  14. Matt Prior
  15. Korbin Sims

16. Luchiano Lulia

17. Tristin Sailor

18. Blake Lawrie

19. Kerr

20. Lachlan Tim

21. Jackson Ford

22. Matt Dufty

23. Adam Clune

24. Aitken

25. Jordan Perara

26. Timota Lafia

27. Jacob Host

28. Jack Debellin

29. Jonas Pearson

30. Mitchell Allgood
Development

Coaching Staff

Warren Ryan. That's gold.

Bloke's 77 and hasn't coached in 19 years!

D4L_Dave

Juniors
Warren Ryan. That's gold.

Bloke's 77 and hasn't coached in 19 years!

Ryan and Smith would not be directly coaching. Age wise, Gould as I understand it will be taking the role and as coaching director. That is not a hands on role, more an oversight and advice role. I would have them before Gould any day

Latest posts