What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

eels_fan

First Grade
Seems strange it’s only an extra year which means this comes around again in 12 months.

Surely a 2 year extension would have been better. His manager probably feels he’ll improve and increase what he can command by the end of next year

Eelementary

Post Whore
People say it is healthy but it is full of sugar so I donno. Is ginger beer healthy as made the same way?

Depends where you get your kombucha from, tbh.

But the sugar in kombucha is for the cultures to consume, not us; by the time the live cultures have consumed the sugar, there is not much sugar lef in the actual drink.

A bigger issue, in terms of health, is the acidity of kombucha.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I was a real fan of Matterson when he was in the 20s
He obviously had enormous skill and potential. He then fell off the face of the earth at our club. Surely it couldnt have been that there was a Mexican stand off between him and the senior coach. I guess the great news is that he found his way back and that would not have been an easy road. For some of the negativity thats been written I think his determination is something to be admired. Its great to see potential realised. Probably a bit of maturity as well. Fingers crossed he comes home and kills it.

Incorrect

Coach
I was a real fan of Matterson when he was in the 20s
He obviously had enormous skill and potential. He then fell off the face of the earth at our club. Surely it couldnt have been that there was a Mexican stand off between him and the senior coach. I guess the great news is that he found his way back and that would not have been an easy road. For some of the negativity thats been written I think his determination is something to be admired. Its great to see potential realised. Probably a bit of maturity as well. Fingers crossed he comes home and kills it.
My take on the situation when he was last at Parra was that at the age of 20, having played the bulk of his career in the halves, when he was faced with advice/direction that his future wasn't in the halves, as he wasn't finished growing and filling out his frame.... He cracked it, looked elsewhere... Fair enough.... But history shows Parra's judgement was spot on. He's carved out a near rep career as a forward.

My concern is that he has sooked a couple of times so far whether it be wanting to play in the halves (read $$'s) or prepared to walk when he thinks he's worth more (again, read $$' s)

Is he loving the game? Or is he loving the money? Question needs to be asked IMO