What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

Chook Norris

First Grade
Poor looking crowd for the Tonga V GB game. Is this a case of the rugby world cup taking the limelight, poor scheduling or the Tonga wow factor wearing off?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Poor looking crowd for the Tonga V GB game. Is this a case of the rugby world cup taking the limelight, poor scheduling or the Tonga wow factor wearing off?

probably a combination of rl fans not valuing one off tests, the drama around would they wouldn’t play, typical RL lack of promotion and, well its RL so disappointment with crowds comes as normal. The game simply isnt as popular as we like to think it is.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I was thinking the same, Tonga wow factor wearing off, hopefully a win today can fix that. I’m still hoping for a Tonga v Samoa at bankwest.

Valheru

Coach

The novelty is wearing off.

I still don't believe that JT and SST won't be playing for the kiwis at the next world cup.

Chook Norris

First Grade
probably a combination of rl fans not valuing one off tests, the drama around would they wouldn’t play, typical RL lack of promotion and, well its RL so disappointment with crowds comes as normal. The game simply isnt as popular as we like to think it is.

Hit the nail on the head re fans not valuing one off tests. You can call the game some special name but ultimately if it's just a one off it holds no significance. Too few international games for fans to remember why they should care. Typical poor RL planning

Perth Red

Post Whore
Hit the nail on the head re fans not valuing one off tests. You can call the game some special name but ultimately if it's just a one off it holds no significance. Too few international games for fans to remember why they should care. Typical poor RL planning

even worse when they call it the Oceana cup but don’t in any way make mention of it lol

Hoofhearted

Juniors
I think the biggest factor was it being on at the same time as the All Blacks in a RWC semi final. Notice ticket sales have slowly picked up for Eden Park now that the AB's are out.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Tongan fans are by far the best rugby league fans in the world! Shame the nz fans didn’t turn out in same numbers.

Hoofhearted

Juniors
Nines tickets on sale today, was going to grab a couple of tickets for me and my son for the Saturday but ticketmaster showing limited seats and nothing in the preferred areas near half way.
Been dudded plenty of times with this, I'm going to wait until the week of the event and have a look, guaranteed there'll be a crap load of ticket available that have been held back.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Nines tickets on sale today, was going to grab a couple of tickets for me and my son for the Saturday but ticketmaster showing limited seats and nothing in the preferred areas near half way.
Been dudded plenty of times with this, I'm going to wait until the week of the event and have a look, guaranteed there'll be a crap load of ticket available that have been held back.

yeh I would. I. Going for ga so I can move around, will be plenty of seats in main stand so no point paying full whack.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Extract from the Annual which came out today - official average home crowd with percentage changes from 2018:

upload_2019-12-5_14-30-42.png

Vee

First Grade
Extract from the Annual which came out today - official average home crowd with percentage changes from 2018:

View attachment 34493
There are so many caveats to attach to that but Parra's good form in their new stadium is a good result. You'd hope for a similar bump for NQ next year and Parra to maintain or even build on their numbers.

Latest posts