What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Match Thread] GB Lions v Tonga XIII - Hamilton - 26 Oct 2019

yakstorm

First Grade
Ground holds 25,800... They'll call a crowd above 10K.

It's not a great crowd, but there are enough patches of lots of Tongan fans.

Springs09

Juniors
Better than what it was during the 00's when the only games were Aus, NZ and GB.

Alot more test matches getting played these days with top talent playing for the smaller sides.

Just imagine what the sport could do with some decent foresight.

That's what I mean. It's a lot better a scene but the scheduling and forward thinking is worse than ever. When we only had 3 teams we made the best of it with the Tri-Nations, building up to the 2008 World Cup and expanding from there.

Now we don't have anything close to the Tri-Nations. We have so many more teams yet they are all just playing a couple one-off tests. It's uninspired and boring and the crowds and public interest has reflected that. Had so much to build off after the 2017WC but we've done f**k all.

As I said it seems those in charge are trying to deliberately limit any success the international game has.

Jim from Oz

Juniors
It is just more and more laughable as the days go by.

And does the referee have an Oceania cup branded shirt as well? I can’t see for sure but it may Be
The referee’s shirts IS Branded with Oceania cup! More and more laughable!

It is just embarrassing.

At least the action on the field is pretty good, the game so far yet again saved by the players

Burns

First Grade
Tonga had all the chances, bit like their match against Aus last year - need to convert into points